Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2001, 07:27 PM   #1
Bandeeto
Welcomed New User

Sorry, should have posted this before with a "questiony."
--------
Hey folks, a little help please.
I'm currently in the Asylum, going through Bodhi's Gauntlet, and am getting close to the end. I just found out that you run into Desharik later in the game.

Earlier in the game, when I knew I had the wardstone and found out what a jerk Desharik was being to the town I went in to see him under the guise of being smuggled into the Asylum.

Then... I killed him.

Is this going to completely mess things up when I finish the Gauntlet and come back to the town? Can I still get what Saemon needs? Or do I have to restore and go through the whole blasted Asylum and Gauntlet over again?

Anyone dealt with this before? Help!

Catheter Bandeeto

Old 10-08-2001, 07:29 PM   #2
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I'm aware that you are in need of some assistance, but I'm afraid I cannot help you. I haven't played BG2 for some time now, so I am not sure of all the details. Also, I'm sure one of your two posts will be closed, as spamming is not allowed. Just be patient, someone will come along.
Old 10-08-2001, 07:45 PM   #3
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Its been awhile since I played BGII also, I know you need the horn from his girlfriends house (on the table?) which is south of his place. The horn lowers defenses for a ship to get out.
Old 10-08-2001, 08:22 PM   #4
Darth Bob
Drow Warrior

how did you kill him AND get in the asylum? after he sends you to the asylum the game goes there immeditly, and (AFAIK) oyu cant kill him untill your out. Anyway that aside, once you get the horn on the table, and goto to captine, killing him before hand only just avoids a fight with Desharik anyway, but then he has a bunch of pirat goons to help him. Might bea bug there that causes him to fight you anyway.
Old 10-09-2001, 12:11 PM   #5
Bandeeto
Welcomed New User

I already had the wardstone from Perth, so I went and killed Desharik and then walked to the Asylum.

I decided to play through last night and you'll be pleased to know that Desharik shows up later anyway after you've stolen his horn, permitting the game to go on.

This means, by the way, that you get the EXP for killing him twice if you do it my way.

Thanks for the replies!