Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2002, 03:14 PM   #31
Blade
Emerald Dragon

Yes i too was once addicted but stoped playing when stronghold came out because no one to play with anymore. Back to the topic though the first thing to do when making a deck is to figure out what type of deck, as in Grandfather deckes that take forever to play or Quick decks you get creatures out fast and slauter your opponent or something in between. Then chose which colors to play in the deck some of the better comboes or easer combose are the colors right next to eachoter on the back of the card, although opposing colors work to if you are careful like a angle and deamon deck for instence. Then put a good mix of ofense and defensive creatures in the deck so you can block and attack and never forget powerup cardes and spells, they can change the whole corse of the game like changing your opponents swamps into plains or vice versa. There is my two cents and hopes it helps.
Old 01-11-2002, 10:39 AM   #32
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

all i can say is that WotC is like the microsoft, or a microsoft wannabe of CPGs... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-11-2002, 12:41 PM   #33
fable
Quintesson

quote:
Originally posted by Bahamut:
all i can say is that WotC is like the microsoft, or a microsoft wannabe of CPGs... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Well, they've been sold in any case, and the current owners are swiftly diversifying (into branded retail stores, etc) to take advantage of the name. Whether the new folks are planning to bring anything new to the mix or just leach off the old reputation remains to be seen.
Old 01-11-2002, 02:14 PM   #34
Richard BrightBlade
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yeah MAgic Used to be fun....
The novelty of it dies after you realize that it becomes an obsession if you want to be good at all, I did tournaments, And had about 20 friends to play with, but after winning (Black quickkills, Green/beatdowns, and white serra meekstone deks) and having to buy the newest cards to keep on winning.... it got old.
I quit collecting after shortly after Visions, still have about 5 shoe boxes of them, and every card i can think of..... maybe my kids will like them one day??

ITs fun, but as they say too much of a good thing can kill you
Old 01-11-2002, 08:03 PM   #35
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

aww.. well poor them... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Magic suddenly in my opinion, lost its magic because of its machine gun like releases of its expansion decks and all that... it really hurts in our pockets!

is Magic still the number one CPG or is it pokemon? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-11-2002, 11:01 PM   #36
Ares

Pokemon...*shudders*
Old 01-11-2002, 11:08 PM   #37
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

ouw... pokemeon? i knew it... but then it is WotC. i wouldn't know anyway... did anybody buy a lot of Inquest mags and the like when you were playing magic? i know i did... [img]smile.gif[/img]