Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2002, 10:39 AM   #1
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Please someone spoil me.

Chapter II (where I intend to do almost ALL side quests): I have finished Planar Sphere, Trademeet, D'Arnise, Mae'Var, Druid Grove, and am on my way to Windspear. I began Viconia romance then said something a little rude (after hearing you must be stern w/ her on this board) to her one day. She has shut up for good - AAACK!

Kicked Jaheira out of my party, but when I walk by her (hanging out in front of Harper Hideout), she begins w/ some "just like old times" wooing. So, as I have romanced Jaheira successfully before and prefer a try at our favorite drow-lass, can someone help me out? SPecifically:

1. my romance w/ Vic had not gone far - what are the basic first few events in the romance?
2. could Jaheira be causing a bug? When I kicked her out she gave me the "take your time finding me" bit, and, as I mentioned, now begins dialogue when I even walk near her
3. Can I undertake any sort of action that will re-start the Vic romance?

Thanks all for any advice
Old 09-04-2002, 10:49 AM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Eh? I have always been a staunt supporter of roleplaying an understanding character in any of the romances. I have never taken the stern path with Viconia, and it works out well.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2002, 11:06 AM   #3
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Point taken, Dundee. What I said was actually not THAT rude (or it didn't seem so at the time). Nevertheless, can you offer more meaningful advice?
Old 09-04-2002, 11:14 AM   #4
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Well, you can wait for the Shadowkeeper brigade to come. Shadowkeeper will allow you to alter the state of the romance. Consider it a fresh start, a second chance.

As I am also a stauch opponent to cheating no matter how mild, I have no links to offer, and no expertise in Shadowkeeper.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2002, 11:23 AM   #5
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Agreed - agreed - and agreed. Guess I'll continue and see what happens. Might add Jaheira back in & then kick her out again and see if it fixes it. Mayhaps I might reload - but this is one instance where shadowkeeper might be preferable to a reload.
Old 09-04-2002, 03:21 PM   #6
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Basic elements of the start of the Viconia romance.

Be understanding. Listen to whatever she has to say, and don't scold her. Don't let her push you away no matter what she does. And believe me, she tries every trick in the book ( "Scorn me, I command you!" )
When she asks you to spend the night with her because she's afraid, don't. She'll be really angry with you for a while, but at least the romance is apparently still active, hm? She hasn't shut up altogether.
I'll let you figure it out from there.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2002, 05:06 PM   #7
Jeffi0
Zhentarim Guard

Big Spoils. Beware!

With Viconia, ALWAYS be nice no matter how nasty she is. The first time she sleeps with you, say yes. She'll be mean after that but then apoligize and turn very nice to you. She'll ask again later. Say yes again, and she will still act really nicely to you. However, the third time she asks, do NOT sleep with her because she is so tired.
<br /><br />[url]\"http://www.nuklearpower.com/daily.php?date=010302\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.nuklearpower.com/daily.php?date=010302</a> First 8-Bit Theater comic. The first few aren\'t really funny, but the rest are great.
Jeffi0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2002, 01:42 PM   #8
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

I appreciate all the helpful comments. However, I think my relationship w/ Vicky is over, no matter how that destroys my little Bhaalspawn Heart. Is there a point where no lovetalk will ever occur again?

I went back to Harpers and talked w/ Jaheira, who asked me if I was sure I wanted her out of the group, as if I'd just kicked her out (mind you, I already *HAD* 6 NPCs and Jaheira was a 3-quests-past memory)- quite buggy, no? I told her to go, and she said I would *never* see her again.

So now I have cut myself off from all Jaheira-dependent quests and travel w/ a nearly-mute obsidian-skinned beauty.

Any advice????? Will Vicky relationship pick up, or is there a way to penultimately end it - and how did I inadvertantly do it???

I have pulled the Shadowkeeper zip file off-line and intend to install it tonight. If someone could give me a primer on the way lovetalk works, I'd be indebted. Linking me to another forum discussion would be equally great (am I crazy or do I remember that once-upon-a-time these forum posts were searchable?)

As always, Thanks for any help you can offer.
Old 09-05-2002, 01:48 PM   #9
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Okay, long post....
SPOILER FOR ROMANCE
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
VICONIA

LT=1

VICCY: So...what draws you to this part of Faerun? Amn? Athkatla? I seem to recall you mentioning something about a mission or some bother. (VICONI67)

No dialogs with consequences.

LT=3

VICCY: It's a strange time along this Sword Coast. The brink of war was averted, but the countryside remains hazardous to the citizenry. (VICONI68)
1. War? What are you talking about, Viconia?
VICCY: The war your half-brother nearly started. What do you think I was speaking of?
1. Why bring it up? I killed Sarevok. His plans for war died with him.
VICCY: Perhaps 'his' war died. That does not mean other conflicts won't arise. Perhaps I ramble on; if you wish I'll stop bothering you.
1. No, no. Tell me, what have you been up to since all the trouble with Sarevok happened?
VICCY: I have been a lost soul. When your race is used as a bogeyman it is an uphill battle to even find a bag of dirt on a stable floor for the night. Children throwing apples, merchants loosing the hounds, hunters with their arrows...and for what? Tales around a dinner table, a few guffaws at a watering hole? It has been trying past endurance, . (sigh)
1. Well, how have you survived since we parted ways?
VICCY: I made the attempt to purchase land on the outskirts of Beregost. I dropped your good name whenever necessary to remain on steady footing locally. I remained hooded at all times, and it was only a matter of time and materials before I would own my own homestead , away from prying eyes. I was not looking to be a farmer, of course. I just...wanted a place of my own. Where I could find peace. My neighbor was Roran Midfallow, a stout, sunburned farmer. We spoke often, and I allowed the male to bring me supplies that I needed but could not acquire.
1. Go on, Viconia. Please.
VICCY: Over time, we formed an awkward friendship. He did not ask why I wore my hood, and I slowly began to trust him. He wondered, though...that was obvious. The time to reveal myself as Drow came one late afternoon. A warm day; the sun was dappling along the south quarter of his farmland, and I pulled down my hood. Then he smiled a warm inviting smile. He mentioned that his oldest son, Jiscanan, was busy making a feast to burst the first button, and that I was invited. We walked to his farmhouse, where his other son, a surly oaf named Funnard, was sickling quackgrass in the front yard. When I reached his farmhouse, I learned his true intentions. Somebody hit me in the back of my skull, and the ground rushed up to meet me. I had grown weak in my trust. They chortled as I lost consciousness, saying how easy it had been and congratulating each other on a fine...a fine catch.
1. What happened next, Viconia? (or)
2. Those men are sick and twisted, Viconia. Don't judge all by the actions of a few.
VICCY: I woke up to searing pain. While unconscious, they had abused and tortured me... then tried to bury their sins. I could see nothing except for the lid of a coffin. They had buried me alive... a mistake not to kill me outright. The fools knew the name 'Drow', but were ignorant of my true spirit. Pain is the handmaiden of my people; their tortures were amateurish in comparison. I split the coffin lid and let the earth in. I clawed to the surface, and pain did not slow me... I would not let weakness deter me from vengeance.
1. What did you do then?
VICCY: I took my revenge, . I watched their house, listening to them celebrate their victory in the midst of drunkenness. I watched and I waited. Jiscanan, the younger son, left to use the outhouse. I jammed a stake in the door, trapping him inside. Then I set the building aflame. Roran came running, yelling to Funnard. As he stood helpless before the flames I wrapped a garrote around his neck... I whispered to him of his mistake, and mine; he had underestimated a Drow, and I had trusted foolishly. I tightened the wire until he breathed no more. By this time the elder son, Funnard, returned with a bucket from the well to find his father's corpse and his brother a smoldering ember. He dropped to his knees in shock, which afforded me a height advantage as I caved his head with a miner's mallet.
1. I am...glad that you had your revenge.
VICCY: I am drow. And I let myself be lulled, foolishly. The vengeance was bitter, , because my own stupidity had made it necessary.
2. That's horrid, Viconia! You didn't need to kill the farmers. Revenge only brings more suffering.
VICCY: I let my guard lower once and paid the price for believing the surface-dwellers might let me be, . What do you know of suffering?
2. Enough of your morbid story, Viconia...I can hear no more.
VICCY: As you wish.
2. You don't need to continue your story...I think I can see where this is heading. Come, let us go.
2. Everyone must endure hardships Viconia. Come...lets continue our journey.
2. Stop bothering me, Viconia. You're right, you do ramble on.
VICCY: I see you are no different from these other surface-dwellers. I shall remember this insult, jaluk. (romance screwed, she stays in party)
2. Don't talk of Sarevok like you know anything about it. Believe me, you haven't a clue...so remain quiet.
VICCY: I see you are no different from these other surface-dwellers. I shall remember this insult, jaluk. (romance screwed, she stays in party)
2. I don't have time to hear you prattle on, Viconia...leave me be.

LT=5

VICCY: I wish to...apologize...for attempting to unburden myself upon you before. I was foolish to be so weak in Beregost, and worse yet to speak to you about it. (VICONI69)
1. Well, I was barely listening, anyway, so don't worry about it.
VICCY: I shall do that, jaluk. And when I bash its skull in, you do not mind if I picture you in its bovine features, hm? (romance screwed, she stays in party)
2. Talking is no weakness, Viconia. You went through a horrid experience.
VICCY: I have had nothing but ill encounters with surfacers since I fled Beregost. Their constant spite burns within my soul. I spit upon them! Oloth plynn nina! My entire existence has been thus since I fled the Underdark. Surfacers hate the Drow without relent, and I erred in thinking otherwise even for a moment.
1. Not everyone hates the Drow so completely, Viconia. I don't think you're so terrible.
VICCY: You would think me terrible enough, abbil, if you knew enough about me. I am drow...make no mistake about that.
2. Yes, you were rather foolish. You should be more careful. I've had to rescue you on more than one occasion.
VICCY: Well, do tell me when it becomes a bother, , and I shall be sure to let your human kin tear me to pieces at their first opportunity.

LT=7

VICCY: I have been watching you for a time as we travel. You have a pleasing look about you, I think. The sort of musculature that does make a woman swoon with desire. (VICONI70)

LT=9

VICCY: I have been thinking, a little. I have been thinking of the time I have spent with rivvil...the humans...and I have found nothing redeeming or worthwhile in them. (VICONI71)

if Jaheira’s romance is not broken and she is in the party
JAHEIRA: Hmph. We are meant to find this a revelation, coming from you? It might surprise you to find that most would consider you without redeeming qualities either, drow. (JAHEIRI2)
VICCY: If I required commentary from you, mongrel, I would tug on your collar or blow a dog whistle to gain your attention. My words were for and alone. (VICONID1)
JAHEIRA: Yet you speak them loudly enough for everyone to hear. Perhaps a little longer attached to that stake might have improved your outlook.
VICCY: It was plenty to reduce my already poor view of rivvin, half-breed, which were my words to . Resume chewing cud and allow me to converse with him.
****YOUR HERO CONTINUES TALK

if Aerie’s romance is not broken, if she is in the party and Jaheira is not in the party
AERIE: And you probably wonder why they don't think much of you... or any drow, for that matter. (AERIED4)
VICCY: If I need to hear from our resident wingless pigeon, I will bang a drum. Otherwise, return to your pathetic cowering and let me speak. (VICONIC3)
****YOUR HERO CONTINUES TALK

LT=11

VICCY: I have acted...poorly towards you. I...I wish to apologize. (VICONI72)
1. You? Apologize? The great and haughty Viconia?
VICCY: Certainly, make fun if you wish, but you...did not deserve my insults. You are the only surfacer who has treated me fairly, and not demanded something in return. You...you are not too bad to travel with. For a lowly male, that is.
1. That's your idea of an apology? Get lost, Viconia.
VICCY: Very well. I have said my piece and I do not have to lower myself to speak to you any more. Let my cold silence be your companion. (romance screwed, she stays in party)
2. Had to add that last bit, eh? I accept your apology, Viconia.
VICCY: Yes. Let us...continue on our way, then, .
2. (sigh) Is it not enough that I permit you to accompany us that I must put up with your constant drivel?
VICCY: You do not have to put up with my 'drivel', as you call it. Nor do you have to put up with my presence. Simply say so and I shall be on my way.
1. No...no, don't go, Viconia. I apologize...I wasn't thinking.
VICCY: As... as you wish. You do not need to apologize, however...I have treated you poorly... for no good reason. Let us continue on, then, with a new slate.
2. No, you can stay, if you must.
VICCY: As you wish. Let my cold silence be your companion, then. (romance screwed, she stays in party)
3. All the better, Viconia. Get lost.
VICCY: You are like every other surface-dweller! Khaless nau uss mzild taga dosstan! Darkness take you! (romance screwed, she leaves party, but in this case you can still get her again in the party from AR0800 – Graveyard District)

LT=13

VICCY: So...it must take a very driven man to lead his life always on the road. (VICONI73)

LT=15

VICCY: I have been thinking, and I think that I may have been exceedingly harsh in my treatment of you once again. (VICONI74)

JAHEIRA: You spit your venom in so many directions, drow, I find it surprising that you think none would fall on him. Perhaps you think your motives are not transparent. (JAHEIRI3)
VICCY: As transparent, perhaps, as your need to muscle your way into the business of others. You have the temperament of a high-strung poodle, druid... I find it surprising that your husband lived as long as he did. (VICONID2)
JAHEIRA: Utter his name not, drow. I'll not have you defile his memory, I warn you.
VICCY: Your memory of him seems selective and short, but I remember him well. A bag on his head and I might have shown him what pleasures he was missing by –
JAHEIRA: Enough! Enough!! Khalid would never... I would never... enough!! I will not tolerate this, I swear I will kill you!!
VICCY: Calm yourself, half-elf. You earned this anger by disrupting my words to . I was simply saying that I regret my earlier words to him... and I regret little. ****TREATMENT

if Aerie’s romance is not broken, if she is in the party and Jaheira is not in the party
AERIE: You are 'exceedingly harsh' in your treatment of everyone, Viconia. Why should he be any different? (AERIED5)
VICCY: Well, for starters, he is far more worthy of my respect than a mooning cripple like yourself. Perhaps you should flap helplessly a bit further away and allow your betters to speak. (VICONIC4)
AERIE: I can't imagine what you think to accomplish. You think doesn't see the saliva dripping from your fangs? You're not worthy of him, Viconia.
VICCY: And I suppose a mewling kitten like yourself is? Do not make me laugh, wingless one. You are not even worthy of licking 's bootheel.
AERIE: M-maybe doesn't care for your lusts, drow. Evil like yours isn't seductive, it's just sick, and... and seeing you crawl all over makes me retch.
VICCY: It takes strength in a man to gain my attention, little fool. I am sure he has no interest in one who can barely pull herself together to utter a sentence. But do not take my word for it. What do you say, ? Is there attraction this elf's constant whining? Maybe you find her helpless stuttering amusing?
1. Leave her alone, Viconia. I like Aerie far more than I like you. (or)
2. I enjoy Aerie's company, and that's all there is to it.
VICCY: I see. Obviously you are a weaker male than I thought. Enjoy the cripple, fool, but when you finally find her stale and slaver after me, you'll be left wanting. (romance screwed, she stays in party)
3. There is no attraction between me and Aerie, no. (or)
4. She is annoying, that's true, but I've tolerated her so far.
AERIE: F-fine, then. If... if that's what you want, , then she's all yours. Obviously you are not the man I thought you to be. (romance with Aerie screwed, she stays in party)
VICCY: Now the fool is dealt with, there is the matter of... my apology. I do not do so often, , but as I said... I may have been too harsh when we spoke last. ****TREATMENT

****TREATMENT
1. You treat everyone else like dirt, why should I be any different? (or)
2. Don't worry about it, Viconia.
VICCY: Understand, , I have not been on the surface for all that long. Sometimes I forget that things here are different from the world I once knew. I have toyed with your feelings unfairly, placing you down with the other males I have known...and you have not been like them. It was...wrong of me.
1. I am sick of you running hot and cold all the time. Just leave me alone and I'll be happy!
VICCY: Limp coward, you... you are not worthy of my concern. I shall remain silent then. I leave you to your pathetic existence. (romance screwed, she stays in party)
2. Eating crow again, eh? I could get to like this.
VICCY: You sting me, but I shall let it pass. I enjoy seeing anger in you...it shows promise. We Drow make few apologies for the way we are, and I make no promises. But before I retch out of pure disgust, let us just continue on our way.
3. I...guess it's understandable. Don't worry about it.
VICCY: What, no hatred or righteous indignation? Such meekness is pathetic and weak, . If you showed anger, I would expect such and accept it. This...acceptance of yours is much more difficult to take. But I suppose I should be grateful for it. But before I retch out of pure disgust, let us just continue on our way.
3. May have? Don't make me laugh. You're a bitch, plain and simple. Now get lost.
VICCY: I try to apologize and you treat me thus? Limp coward, you... are not worthy of my concern. I shall remain silent then. I leave you to your dismal existence. (romance screwed, she stays in party)

LT=17

VICCY: Have I ever told you about how I survived when I first fled to the surface? (VICONI75)
1. No, you haven't.
VICCY: It was difficult, if you can imagine. I knew only a few words of common, and as I traveled I carefully avoided any contact with the surfacers. The land was strange, and each day I huddled under the terrible open sky, sure that I would be pulled into the vastness of it if I but closed my eyes for an instant. Lolth had abandoned me, and I was alone in a strange world. Those rivvil who saw me hounded me with abandon, and I fled to the forests. There I was hunted by the darthiir...surface elves...and their honed hatred drove me further. I was sure I would perish, never to see the Underdark again.
1. What happened next?
VICCY: A group of goln -you call them goblins- tried to seal my fate, but a human merchant came in his caravan, and his guards scattered them. From a distance he had thought me a surface elf. Surprisingly, when he learned I was Drow he offered shelter. It was a sanctuary while I learned the human tongue. He was Calimshite, I believe. They are fond of slaves. The price for my safety was the favors I bestowed...erotic arts that the Drow have honed for an eon. Does it amuse you that I had to run my dark hands along his sweaty folds and tickle him artfully with my tongue; that he exerted himself wildly as I passionately bit his shoulder?
1. You are one sick, twisted bitch, Viconia. Get away from me.
VICCY: I had heard manhood was available at a price; I am not surprised to find you copperless. Cower before my manner, if you must, ...you disgust me. (romance screwed, she stays in party)
2. That's horrible...I can't believe he made you do those things. (or)
3. I suppose you did what you had to do.
VICCY: Actually, I rather enjoyed it: he was quickly my pawn, and the caravan went as I wished. Alas, his heart gave out one night...the guards thought it murder and chased me away. Oh, do not look at me in such a manner. Does your manhood wilt from talk of using Drow knowledge of the erotic to survive in your world? Is it so terrible?
1. Not at all.
VICCY: Good, I am pleased you have some sense... or is it that you wish to partake of the same pleasures? Is that what I see? (chuckle) Perhaps another time, jaluk...
2. I think it's disgusting...but I suppose you had little choice.
VICCY: Oh poor dear, to be assaulted by such a show of commanding erotic power. Does my Drow beauty make you shrink away? You will not win my respect with cowardice, jaluk.
3. Oh, get away from me, already. I tire of you ridiculous games.
VICCY: I had heard manhood was available at a price; I am not surprised to find you copperless. Cower before my manner, if you must, ...you disgust me. (romance screwed, she stays in party)
2. You've a flair for melodrama, Viconia. But I'm losing interest...tell it to someone else.
2. I'm not interested in another one of your stories, Viconia.
VICCY: Again I am brushed off by your moody silence. Set a signal fire then, to let me know when you are available for simple discourse. I wait with baited breath.
3. Not now...tell me some other time, perhaps.

LT=19

VICCY: Tell me...has there ever been anyone special to you? A thief of your heart? (VICONI76)
1. If there were I certainly wouldn't tell you, Viconia. ****BLAHBLAH
2. I don't know. Not so far there hasn't been.
VICCY: Never a special one who awaited her hero's return? The idea has value. I myself hope to retire to a home that doesn't change by the day.
1. I doubt a self-centered drow such as yourself would ever be satisfied with the quiet life.
VICCY: I see. So such dreams are the sole property of spent poets like you? A Drow cannot aspire to the same? I don't know why I bother with you, .
2. I said that there was nobody and I meant it. ****BLAHBLAH
3. There may be such a woman...it could be that the answer to your question is playing itself out right now.
VICCY: You think so? I cannot wait for the final act of this play, then...I am sure it will be worth waiting for.
1. Oh, it will not disappoint, I'm sure. I've rehearsed the scene in my mind time and time again. (or)
2. When the heart beats true, it's song is a delight to hear. ****FINALE
3. Get over yourself, Viconia. Let's just continue on, shall we?
VICCY: What has made you so taciturn... or is this merely a challenge to overcome? I shall figure you out soon enough, and you shall suffer for these petty slights.
3. We don't have time to discuss this now.
VICCY: What has made you so taciturn... or is this merely a challenge to overcome? I shall figure you out soon enough, and you shall suffer for these petty slights.

****BLAHBLAH
VICCY: No? Is it not possible then? Could she exist: a woman who makes your pulse quicken by her closeness...who enflames you by a mere glance?
1. I suppose I could admit that such a woman could exist, yes. ****FINALE
2. I think the answer to that question is playing itself out as we speak.
VICCY: You think so? I cannot wait for the final act of this play, then...I am sure it will be worth waiting for.
1. Oh, it will not disappoint, I'm sure. I've rehearsed the scene in my mind time and time again. (or)
2. When the heart beats true, it's song is a delight to hear. ****FINALE
3. Get over yourself, Viconia. Let's just continue on, shall we?
3. No, there isn't. And if there were, I can tell you truly it would not be a creature such as you!
VICCY: A creature such as I, is it? Am I so overwhelming to your pretty sensibilities that you shrivel in my presence? So be it. I shall trouble you no longer. (romance screwed, she stays in party)
4. I've had enough of your head games, Viconia. Leave me be!

****FINALE
VICCY: Your heart is heavy with lust and burning desire, and beats proudly and strongly...but shall it be mine or is it another's?
1. It is yours, certainly, Viconia. But do be gentle with it. ****HEARTBREAK
2. And what would you say if I told you my heart belonged to someone else?
VICCY: I would say you are a liar, but if true I would challenge the female you name. We Drow are a selfish proprietary lot, but that is a discussion for another time.
3. (chuckle) Alright, my heart is not your plaything just yet, so let's move on, shall we? ****HEARTBREAK
4. I've no interest in discussing my heart. Let's move on.

****HEARTBREAK
VICCY: Let's continue holding your heart and testing its mettle, but with a measure of restraint then.
1. I have little interest in restraint..only bold and forthright action matter in times such as these.
VICCY: There is all manner of mad and chaotic trouble that such unbridled enthusiasm could get us into, .
1. I would have thought you'd appreciate a little enthusiasm. (or)
2. You are steering this conversation into dangerous territory, Viconia...exactly what do you intend?
VICCY: I'd be curious to see you navigate truly dangerous territory with your impulsiveness, . It would be an enthralling journey, don't you think?
3. (chuckle) Alright, enough, enough. I lay here defeated by your double entendres. I cannot keep up.
VICCY: Aw, have I exhausted your endurance so soon? I must test your fortitude in more physical endeavors in future, yes? (chuckle) Let us continue our travels, then.
4. Enough with the word play for today. Let us move on.
VICCY: I touched a sensitive spot, have I? I shall remember its location and stroke it fondly in the future. (chuckle) Let us continue our travels, then.
2. Perfect. I would appreciate seeing some restraint in you, for once.
VICCY: I'm surprised, . I expected so much more from a dynamic firebrand like yourself.
3. I said enough with the word play. Let's continue in our travels. (or)
4. The mettle of my heart is not for you to test, Viconia. Enough with your head games.
VICCY: I touched a sensitive spot, have I? I shall remember its location and stroke it fondly in the future. (chuckle) Let us continue our travels, then.

LT=21

VICCY: What was life like before you were an adventurer? Didn't it seem simpler, less complicated? (VICONI77)

LT=23

VICCY: Hmmm...I am wondering this: do you ever entertain the notion of marriage? (VICONI78)

LT=25

VICCY: I have been thinking about the divinity that flows through your veins... (VICONI79) Does it fire your ambitions, ? Is there a lust within you superceding mere passion, a desire to lord over others as a conqueror and superior?

LT=27

VICCY: Please disregard the things I said to you earlier. They were ill-conceived. You...you are not drow and not worthy of such insults. (VICONI80)
1. Why should I? You have crossed the line once too often!
VICCY: That is true. I have indeed.
1. Well, I have no need of it. Just leave me alone, will you?
VICCY: If that is what you wish, then fine. You shall hear no more from me. (romance screwed, she stays in party)
2. (sigh) Fine. Let's just continue on.
VICCY: Thank you, . I shall attempt to be more guarded with my thoughts in the future.
2. Very well. Apology accepted.
VICCY: Thank you, . I shall attempt to be more guarded with my thoughts in the future.

LT=29

VICCY: I have been told a little about this 'Bhaal' of yours, but I am unfamiliar with him. Among the drow, we are taught nothing of other gods, and little enough about our own gods beyond Lolth. (VICONI81)

LT=31

VICCY: Have I ever told you how it is that I came to flee from the Underdark? (SOUND VICONI82)

JAHEIRA: Are we to be entertained by another of your stories, drow? No doubt they consist of little but one set of lies strung to another. Why you bother is beyond me. (JAHEIRI4)
VICCY: I have no need of lies, half-breed. But obviously you find cause to be jealous of my relationship with your man. (VICONID3)
JAHEIRA: Jealous? I am 's friend. I would warn him of a nearby snake readying to attack, the same I would warn him away from your lascivious attentions.
VICCY: Then you fool yourself, elg'caress. I see your glances at , even as you speak of the dead. You have abandoned Khalid, though you do not admit it.
JAHEIRA: Khalid would not begrudge my moving on! You hold yourself in such high esteem? You think would find such a soulless harlot as yourself attractive? What say you, ? I give fair warning of this serpent's intentions. Warn her off before she entwines her way around your heart and it is too late.
1. I'll do as I like with Viconia, Jaheira. Back off.
JAHEIRA: So be it. Obviously your tastes lie where I did not anticipate. Enjoy your pleasures while you may, then, . I'll not be there to bail you out. (romance with Jaheira screwed, she stays in party)
VICCY: Good, then. I was about to tell you the reasons behind my flight from the Underdark... do you still care to hear the tale, ?
1. Sure, why not? ****SPIDER QUEEN
2. No, I've lost interest.
VICCY: I see another of your foul and silent moods has swept over you. So be it, I shall not chatter away to one who cares not enough to even listen. (set LT=35 – means: skip LT=33)
2. I value your opinion, Jaheira. Consider me duly warned.
JAHEIRA: But you will do nothing about it? I see. Then I shall leave you to her tender mercies, if that is what you prefer, and you shall hear no 'I-told-you-so's' from me. (romance with Jaheira screwed, she stays in party)
VICCY: Good, then. I was about to tell you the reasons behind my flight from the Underdark... do you still care to hear the tale, ?
1. Sure, why not? ****SPIDER QUEEN
2. No, I've lost interest.
VICCY: I see another of your foul and silent moods has swept over you. So be it, I shall not chatter away to one who cares not enough to even listen. (set LT=35 – means: skip LT=33)
3. I have no feelings of that kind for Viconia... surely she knows that, although I mean no offense. (or)
4. Hah! I could never love such a heartless bitch! Don't even worry about it!
VICCY: What would I want from such a pathetically weak fool as you? You let a mongrel dictate your actions. I'll not associate with you further, male. (romance screwed, she stays in party)

if Jaheira’s romance is broken or she is not in the party
1. No, you actually haven't. ****SPIDER QUUEN
2. No...nor am I particularly interested in hearing the tale.

****SPIDER QUEEN
VICCY: I had worshipped the Spider Queen for an age and a half, longer than you have been alive, but there came a time when my faith in Lolth was no more. I lapsed when a child...a baby...was to die: it would not have made Lolth stronger or more influential or made her a greater deity. I lost my will that day. One of the lesser priestesses noticed my hesitation and she took the babe's life, herself, eager to usurp my place in Lolth's favor.
1. That's a terrible story, Viconia. What happened then?
VICCY: My House had fallen into disfavor with the Dark Queen as a result of my actions, and the word spread throughout the city. ****HOUSE DE VIR
2. You are not responsible for everything the drow do, Viconia. (or)
3. It's good to see even your kind of evil has a limit.
VICCY: Sacrifices are not the only things that die, . There are nightmares from time to time. And they come from my dark places. ****HOUSE DE VIR

****HOUSE DE VIR
VICCY: My House had fallen into disfavor with the Dark Queen as a result of my actions, and the word spread throughout the city. My mother scrambled to make sacrifices of wealth and servants to appease Lolth, but the goddess would have none of it. As is custom among the drow, the weak become the prey of the faithful. A lesser House jumped at the opportunity and began a war with ours. Lolth was pleased at the House's aggression...and ours had to fight twice as hard to survive and regain Lolth's favor. My mother wished me to recant, to prostate myself before the Spider Queen and beg forgiveness. She was desperate that I do so, in fact. But I refused. I was disgusted with my Queen, so I cursed my mother and endangered my House. In my naivete I thought that I would survive after my actions.
1. But...you obviously did survive. What happened next?
VICCY: I...no. The memory of the events fills my heart with bile, . I cannot continue. Another time, perhaps.
2. You betrayed your family and your god? Perhaps you deserved whatever you got.
VICCY: That is your considered opinion, is it? You would prefer I lance the heart of a helpless child? You are more of a dolt than I thought, perhaps.
3. A pretty story, Viconia. Come, let us continue our travels.
VICCY: My heart is filled with bile at these memories, at any rate. Yes...yes, do let us move on.

LT=33

VICCY: I am ready to continue my tale, if you are willing to hear it. (VICONI83)
1. Not right now, Viconia. Another time, perhaps.
VICCY: It is always another time with you. I've no need to unburden myself, so you may proceed to spend your time listening to the wind blow through the leaves.
2. Certainly, Viconia...I'd be interested to hear it.
VICCY: Let me see...I had told you of my mother, correct? She was desperate to restore Lolth's goodwill to the House DeVir, and I was proving uncooperative. My mother did the only thing she thought she could do, of course. She commanded that I be offered as a sacrifice to appease the Spider Queen. I was surrounded by male soldiers who attempted to cart me off to the temple. I hated my mother, but I knew that she did the right thing. I knew that my Queen would indeed be pleased at one of her daughters being offered to her. I fought grandly, killing many of the males...but it was futile. I was overwhelmed, dragged to the temple, and splayed across the altar in preparation for the priestesses to take my life. I was frightened...terrified, in fact. I would have died, in fact, were it not for...if it were not for my brother. My poor, foolish brother. Valas...
1. Is that a tear I see running down your cheek? Shedding a tear for a mere male?
VICCY: He...he was no mere male! Is it so difficult for you to believe that I might have cared for another, once?!
1. Give me a break, Viconia. You care for no one.
VICCY: They are the last tears of mine you shall ever see, you heartless bastard! Oloth plynn dos!! (romance screwed, she stays in party)
2. It surprises me, that is all. It seems contrary to what you have said about the drow before.
VICCY: Our...our relationship was unusual, yes... ...I...I am sorry, . I do not wish to discuss Valas any further. Excuse me.
2. Your...brother saved you? I take it you were close?
VICCY: Yes. Yes, he saved me. I...I am sorry, , I do not wish to continue discussing Valas. Excuse me.

LT=35

VICCY: Tell me something...did you have much of a family? (VICONI84)

LT=37

VICCY: My...brother...is what finally made me break my faith fully from the Spider Queen. His actions, I mean...saving me from sacrifice. (VICONI85)
1. Eh? What's this? What are you babbling about, now?
VICCY: I am not 'babbling'. If I began suddenly it is because I have been pondering this matter silently for some time. I am simply trying to explain something to you. ****VALAS
2. I thought you lost your faith when you refused to sacrifice the baby.****VALAS
3. Viconia, I've no time for your nonsense today.
VICCY: Nonsense? I reveal the key to my heart and faith, and this is nonsense to you? You are a slug, ; I was a fool to have opened my mouth in the first place. (romance screwed, she stays in party)

****VALAS
VICCY: I had begun to question Lolth's appetite for power and absolute devotion with the child, but I did not cast her out of my heart fully until Valas saved my life.
1. Why would your brother's saving you do that?
VICCY: Why would your brother's saving you do that? ****FATE
2. Sometimes I wonder why you insist on telling me all these things.
VICCY: I tell you these things because I wish to, . Do not over-excite yourself on their account. Now...where was I? Ah, yes...Valas. ****FATE
3. Yes, Viconia, that's very interesting. Can we just continue on, now?
VICCY: (sigh) Sometimes, attempting to speak to you is about as productive as whipping a malnourished and diseased dog...and almost as interesting.

****FATE
VICCY: Valas used his magic to free me...and when my mother became enraged and tried to stop him from ruining the House, he killed her. It was the ultimate act of defiance for a drow male, and Lolth did what she does to all males who defy her. She transformed him into a drider, a half-drow half-spider creature of pure malice and base instinct. Valas was wiped away, replaced by this...monstrous thing. I cursed Lolth's name for what she had done to him. I renounced the Dark Queen with every fibre of my being...and she was not pleased. She abandoned me, left me completely without power. I had no brother, no power and House DeVir was, as far as I knew, falling. I was forced to flee the Underdark, making my way quickly to the surface before the other drow could stop me, cursing and crying the entire way.
1. Without your power, that must have been a difficult journey.
VICCY: Yes. Yes it was. Never have I been more terrified, until I found the grace of the Nightsinger. Come, ...the road beckons.
2. It sounds like you got what you deserved.
VICCY: You think so? Did Valas get what he deserved? Would you rather have seen me flayed upon the sacrificial altar? Sometimes your self-righteous sense of judgement makes me ill to my stomach, .
3. If Lolth was able to do that to your brother, I'm surprised she didn't do worse to you.
VICCY: Yes...so am I. But...that does not mean she will never do so. (sigh) Come, ...the road beckons.

LT=39
NOTE: This dialog is triggered by resting – it may happen anywhere you rest, even in dungeons

VICCY: If you would...if you would please sit with me for a moment, I would be thankful. I find myself uncharacteristically overcome with anxiety and I am not...eager...to be alone for the evening. (VICONI86)
1. Certainly. Viconia, you're shaking! What is the matter? ****SHIVERS
2. Forget it, Viconia...I'm not about to fall victim to another one of your head games.
VICCY: Please, ...do not make me beg. I implore you to stay with me but a few moments so that I may put myself at ease...
1. Hmph. I'll not give you the pleasure. If you will not offer me any comfort, then be on your way, . I will stay here by myself, if need be.
VICCY: Hmph. I'll not give you the pleasure. If you will not offer me any comfort, then be on your way, . I will stay here by myself, if need be.
1. Alright, fine, I'll stay for a moment. By the gods, Viconia...you're shaking! What is the matter? ****SHIVERS
2. Stay by yourself, then, for all I care.
VICCY: Then begone, rath'arg...and leave me alone to my misery. (Party rests)
2. Very well. A few moments. Hold, now...you are shaking visibly! What is the matter? ****SHIVERS

****SHIVERS
VICCY: I have been...thinking of Lolth. She is cruel, not known for forgiveness, and always takes revenge...collecting the lapsed and fallen. I know she will come for me.
1. What makes you think that? Why would she be so interested in you personally? ****SLEEP
2. Don't worry...I'll be here to protect you. (or)
3. We'll deal with that when it happens.
VICCY: It will mean...it will mean nothing. Lolth's reach is far...and I fear there is no escaping it...
1. What makes you say that? ****SLEEP

****SLEEP
VICCY: She will answer any summons simply to make a vainglorious entrance and impress the gathered. I have seen her power, what she does to those who fall from grace. It is because I have seen, because I have felt the lash of tentacle rods, that she will...will leave me to think I am safe or free and then she will come for me. I...I dream of Valas, sometimes, and I try to speak to him in my dreams. But he is only a monster, now, and I scream when his horrid spider legs caress me... I think...what can Lolth do to me if she has done this to Valas? What worse torments await me when she finally decides to come?! , I am frightened to my very core! Do not leave me alone! Stay with me this night. I...I need to feel your flesh next to mine, to embrace your strength...
1. I can think of nothing less appealing.
VICCY: Let me partake of you, , drink of your courage this night. See what a Drow female may offer: I shall enflame your passions, your senses... Stay with me.
1. I came here to comfort you, not to spend the night. I shall sleep by myself!
VICCY: Then begone, rath'arg...and leave me alone to my misery. (party rests)
2. Viconia...not like this. Not because you are desperate...it isn't right.
VICCY: When can it be perfect, ? You are a valiant male filled with courage and god's blood. I have seen you look upon, and I am not displeased. Do not deny me, ...and do not deny yourself.
1. No, Viconia, even though I might wish to, I cannot.
2. Very well, Viconia. If you wish it to be, then I shall stay. ****PASSION
3. How could I refuse your wish? ****PASSION
2. I am not interested in laying with you, Viconia.
VICCY: I...have a need, . A need that must be fulfilled...I must feel your strength within me and around me. Do not deny me this, ...I offer to you all the pleasures that a drow woman may bestow if you but hold me this night.
1. I told you I was not interested, Viconia, and I meant it.
2. I...do not doubt your ability, Viconia. And you are beautiful. But not like this, not in this manner...
VICCY: When can it be perfect, ? You are a valiant male filled with courage and god's blood. I have seen you look upon, and I am not displeased. Do not deny me, ...and do not deny yourself.
1. No, Viconia, even though I might wish to, I cannot.
2. Very well, Viconia. If you wish it to be, then I shall stay. ****PASSION
3. Very well, Viconia...I shall stay with you this night if that is what you wish. ****PASSION
3. All right...I will stay with you, if that is what you wish. ****PASSION

****PASSION
VICCY: I do. Come to my arms out of view of prying eyes...place your hand against my darkly trembling heart and I will show you the boundaries of passion as only I can... (SleptViconia=1)

LT=41
NOTE: This may happen in area de'Arnise Hold (AR1300) too

if SleptViconia=1
VICCY: Well. I see that you are finally awake. I hope that your pathetic exertions of last night brought at least one of us some measure of pleasure. (VICONI87)

if SleptViconia=0
VICCY: Finally awake, are you? I have been watching you through the night, and each moment I do so, my stomach has churned with vileness. Your very presence makes me ill. (VICONI88)
1. Is this all because I refused to sleep with you?
VICCY: Grow up, you stupid fool! Your reluctance to share my bed only shows lack of virility or courage! I am glad you did not stay; the very thought makes my flesh crawl!
1. It does about the same for me, drow. Why don't we just avoid this situation in the future, alright?
VICCY: As you wish! You shall hear no more from me! Oloth plynn dos!! (romance screwed, she stays in party)
2. If this is how you're going to act, all of a sudden, just leave me be.
VICCY: Yes, I shall leave you be, ! I shall stay far away from your putrid stench and even farther from your unwelcome appearance! Stay equally distant from me, iblith!
3. I don't believe you, Viconia. You opened up to me...and now you're snapping shut again. Why?
VICCY: Bah! Do not attempt to look into my mind and render judgement, imbecile! You haven't the strength or the knowledge! Just...leave me be!
2. Well, your vicious personality does little for me, either.
VICCY: Is that so? Let us just avoid each other in the future, then, so that both of us may make an attempt to keep our bile down. Would that be satisfactory to you, jaluk?
1. Fine by me.
VICCY: As you wish! You shall hear no more from me! Oloth plynn dos!! (romance screwed, she stays in party)
2. No, it isn't! I don't believe you, Viconia. You opened up to me...and now you're snapping shut again. Why?
VICCY: Bah! Do not attempt to look into my mind and render judgement, imbecile! You haven't the strength or the knowledge! Just...leave me be!
3. If this is how you intend to act, Viconia, then just leave me be.
VICCY: Yes, I shall leave you be, ! I shall stay far away from your putrid stench and even farther from your unwelcome appearance! Stay equally distant from me, iblith!

LT=43

VICCY: I have been thinking about how you have refused to take up your destiny as the son of Bhaal... (VICONI89) You have no impetus to carve an empire, and you are certainly no Lord of Murder. I have decided you are weak and cowardly, not fit for the godsblood flowing within you.
1. My destiny is my own, Viconia. I'll not discuss it with you.
VICCY: Yes...that is the I now expect. Brush me off, refuse to meet a challenge; you are unworthy...like a worm you meet your destiny on your belly.
1. Enough! The next time I want to hear from you, drow, I shall ask for your opinion!
2. Why are you saying all this, Viconia? ****BOOT
2. What brings this on? ****BOOT
3. If you're going to spout filth every time you open your mouth, just keep it shut. I tire of you.

****BOOT
VICCY: You nauseate me, ...is that not reason enough? I look upon you and I see something that I would rather squish under my boot!
1. If that's your opinion, then let's not talk at all anymore, all right?
2. Again you snap shut on me. Is it so hard to deal with someone as a confidante and equal, Viconia?
VICCY: Arrgh! How irritating you are when you presume so! Get away from my sight! Away!

LT=45
WARNING: Always choose option 1 – option 2 is bugged (it searches for a dialog that doesn’t exist) and it is not fixed in the patch!!! The game will break the dialog if you choose option 2, but I can’t possibly know what consequences it might have.

VICCY: Do not stand so close to me. It is bad enough that I have to smell your stench on the occasional breeze...must I also bask in your rancid aura? (VICONI90)
1. I'm not even near you, Viconia. What twisted game is this?
VICCY: I...never mind, . Leave me be.
2. No, you don't. You can leave our group, if that is what you wish. (DO NOT TAKE THIS OPTION)
VICCY: ??????????????????????????????

LT=47

VICCY: I have a confession to make to you. Give me your ears for a moment and listen, if you possess the sense. (VICONI91)
1. I have no interest in more of your games, Viconia.
VICCY: That is too bad. I refuse to allow you to push me aside, regardless of your sullen mood or overbearing demeanor. You will listen to me, . ****LIES
2. I'm listening, I suppose. ****LIES

****LIES
VICCY: You wish to know of me? You wish to learn what I am like? I shall tell you the truth of it, then. I have lied to you, , lies upon lies. My tale of the farmer in Beregost? A lie. I laid with him many times, seducing him to get the things I needed. It was his wife and townsfolk that drove me out. Like a succubus I have whored my way to Amn, taking what favors I could gather through sweat and passion. I earned passage with tongue and moans, , with more males than you can count. And you are nothing compared to them. Any of them. So, then. What do you think of that, ? What do you think of me now?
1. I think you are a foul and perverse creature, Viconia. Do not speak to me again. (or)
2. I think you want this relationship of ours, such as it is, to be over with. So be it.
VICCY: So much the better. It lightens my heart to know you were as cowardly as I expected. (romance screwed, she stays in party)
3. These things do not matter to me, Viconia. Why did you not tell me of them before? (or)
4. I think you are lying. Why are you trying to push me away?
VICCY: I am telling you that I have had rivvil by the dozens, that I allowed their saliva to cover me, allowed them to use me for their pleasures!! And I enjoyed it!! I am a creature of dark lusts, you fool! Why are you not disgusted by this?! Turn away from me, spit on me and curse my name, I command you!!
1. Very well. If you want this relationship, such as it is, to be over with, so be it!
VICCY: Finally you show some sense! I am drow, foolish jaluk...never forget that! Jal khaless zhah waela! (romance screwed, she stays in party)
2. No! I will not allow you to push me away, Viconia! (or)
3. I am not those other men. I have seen the true you that lies within, and this is not it. You do not need to do this!
VICCY: Bastard! Stubborn bastard!! Jal khaless zhah waela! Why must I trust you?! WHY?! In trust lies death!! Leave me alone! I will not be dominated! Stay away!!

LT=49
NOTE: This dialog is triggered by resting – it may happen anywhere you rest, even in dungeons

VICCY: (sigh) I...I cast my white flag before you. I can struggle no more. You have...you have defeated me. (VICONI92)
1. What are you talking about? Defeated you? (LT=51) ****THEHEHE
2. Ohhh no, I'm not falling for this again. Just stay away from me, you crazy bitch. (LT=51)
VICCY: I...I understand, . I shall simply apologize for my behavior, then, and leave you alone from now on.
1. I think that's for the best for all concerned.
VICCY: Yes, perhaps it is for the best. Aluve' mrann d'ssinss. I shall bother you no more. (romance screwed, she stays in party, party rests)
2. Wait...maybe I've been hasty. Tell me what you mean by 'defeated'...I don't understand. ****THEHEHE

****THEHEHE
VICCY: Yes, defeated me. I do not know what it is about you, , but I opened up to you...I let you inside with honesty and candor. I am not used to such. Trust is death. I have been betrayed again and again, and yet I began to trust in you. I...I could not allow it to happen. I was confused, I tried to drive you away. Those...things...I said when we last spoke? Lies. I told you the truth of things the first time. You saw through my deception, and would not be driven away. I owe you...so much. You are safe harbor in a storm of terrifying power. I begin to feel that I need you...and this enthralls me and enrages me all at once... If you will have me, I shall not push you away again...stay with me tonight, , let us be together in earnest. Let me savor the unfamiliar fear that goes with this trust.
1. This will never work out. I think it's best that this relationship doesn't continue, Viconia.
VICCY: Yes, perhaps it is for the best. Aluve' mrann d'ssinss. I shall bother you no more. (romance screwed, she stays in party, party rests)
2. I don't trust you, Viconia. Not after the last time.
VICCY: You would not let me repel you, no matter how I tried. I am defeated by your stubborn will and strange regard. My need is real, ...stay with me tonight.
1. I'm sorry, Viconia. I think it is best if this relationship does not continue...it will never work out.
2. I don't think the time is right for this. ****ULTIMATUM
3. Very well...I shall.
VICCY: Come to me, then, my mrann d'ssinss. You have defeated me...now taste your victory... (RomanceActive=2, party rests)
3. I don't think this is the right time for this, Viconia. ****ULTIMATUM
4. Alright, Viconia. I will stay with you.
VICCY: Come to me, then, my mrann d'ssinss. You have defeated me...now taste your victory... (RomanceActive=2, party rests)

****ULTIMATUM
VICCY: There is no right time for such as us: tomorrow could bring death. Allow my need, . Allow my honest submission. Refuse... and I shall bother you no more.
1. Then perhaps it is best if this ends here, Viconia. You know this will never work out between us.
2. Very well, Viconia...I shall stay with you.

LT=51

VICCY: A good morning to you. Or, at least, as close to morning as we come with these strange hours that we keep. I trust your exertions were...worthwhile? (VICONI93)

LT=53

VICCY: Tell me...did Gorion tell you many tales of the Underdark? Did he, perchance, mention some of the races that lived below? (VICONI94)

LT=55

VICCY: Do your people have any kind of rite of passage into adulthood? I am curious. (VICONI95)

LT=57

VICCY: Are you aware that, despite our intimacies, I know little of you other than the usual graces? You've mysteries in you...and secrets. That face holds tales in its creases. (VICONI96)

LT=59

VICCY: Have you given any thought to what you will do once this whole business is over with? (VICONI97)
1. I've devoted most of my thought to survival. ****DREAM
2. I'm not sure...I was hoping on being somewhere with you, however.
VICCY: You flatter me, . I hope those are not just empty words you are spilling purely for my benefit, however. ****DREAM
3. Why do you care?
VICCY: I would think, at this point, that I might be allowed to devote some thought as to where this is heading!
1. Fair enough. I haven't thought about it much, myself. ****DREAM
2. I apologize Viconia...I just didn't expect this from you.
VICCY: True. It is little more than idle talk and fantasy. A strange thought to overcome me, truly, but not entirely unpleasant.
3. It's a pleasureable enough diversion, Viconia, but nothing beyond that.
VICCY: Is that so? I expect nothing, but I am no plaything. Cool your heels by yourself tonight and every night from here on! You'll not lay hands on me again, iblith! (romance screwed, she stays in party)

****DREAM
VICCY: I have thought on the future myself. With a little ambition, I see us carving an empire, ruling a small kingdom, and living in the hedonistic luxury we are meant to!
1. I have no interest in lording over others, Viconia. I thought you knew that.
VICCY: Do not dismiss it so easily. Inject some kindness, if you must. With your power, you could bring order to a chaotic land. People might appreciate your rule.
1. Maybe. I don't think they would appreciate yours, however.
VICCY: True. It is little more than idle talk and fantasy. A strange thought to overcome me, truly, but not entirely unpleasant.
2. Perhaps your thought has some merit, I don't know.
VICCY: Feh, it is little more than idle fantasy, really. It is good to see that you have a little desire however...perhaps that is something I can work on, hm?
3. Rulership is not for me, Viconia. Period.
VICCY: That is too bad. It is little more than idle talk and fantasy, but I would have hoped for more vitality and powerlust. Such limp posturing is not becoming in you.
2. That doesn't sound like such a bad idea.
VICCY: Feh, it is little more than idle fantasy, really. It is good to see that you have a little desire however...perhaps that is something I can work on, hm?
3. Get your head out of the clouds, already.

LT=61

VICCY: We are to stop and rest now, are we? I suppose that is good and well, as I am exhausted nearly to the point of dropping. Come, then, my mrann d'ssinss, and let us get our coupling over with quickly. (VICONI98)
1. 'Over with'? You don't make that sound very appealing. (or)
2. If you are too tired, Viconia, there is certainly no need for us to lay together. (or)
3. Why quickly? After our most recent nights, I was positive that you were always in the mood for this.
VICCY: I may be tired, but I look forward to showing the arts I learned as a Drow. I hold a degree of...affection...for you, . How else am I supposed to show this?
1. You do not need to lay with me to show your affection, Viconia. Nothing is expected of you.
VICCY: Hmm. An odd thing to say. If I had no male to service me in the Underdark I slept alone. I am...unfamiliar with this. How else would you show...affection?
1. Here...let us hold each other tonight, only, and I will show you.
VICCY: As...as you wish, . I feel uncomfortable with this arrangement, but I suppose that...that some rest is not uncalled-for. (LT=63, party rests)
2. If you can't even grasp such a simple concept, then this relationship is obviously doomed. Forget it.
VICCY: Obviously so. I suppose I was a fool to expect any kind of virility or lust out of a limp sycophant like yourself. I'll not make the mistake again, I assure you. (romance screwed, she stays in party, party rests)
3. Fair enough. Let's sleep on it, shall we?
VICCY: As you wish, my mrann d'ssinss...come into my arms and let me show you but a small portion of the drow's vast knowledge of the art of massage... (LT=65, party rests)
2. Very well, then, let's get to it.
VICCY: As you wish, my mrann d'ssinss...come into my arms and let me show you but a small portion of the drow's vast knowledge of the art of massage... (LT=65, party rests)

LT=63

VICCY: Is it...is it time to awaken already? (VICONI99)

Whatever you choose: LT=67
No other consequences

LT=65

VICCY: You are awake, I see. That is good. I have been watching you for some time...thinking. I wish to share my thoughts with you. (VICONIA1)
1. I'm listening. ****SECOND THOUGHTS
2. I really haven't time for this, Viconia. Let's get moving.
VICCY: No. You and I do not consider time the same, and it will not kill you to listen to what I have to say, .****SECOND THOUGHTS

****SECOND THOUGHTS
VICCY: I have considered my actions lately and feel ill at ease. I am a Drow female, and yet I submit to your will and service you as if I was but a simple Drow male. I know this is not your intention. You have given me...protection, trust and a fair amount of affection, I would think. I am too proud to continue in this vein. Find someone more like yourself to lavish attentions on. Our union is foolish, and the Drow have a saying: 'the foolish find surprises, and among them waits death'. I am no fool.
1. No, Viconia! Stay with me, I know we can make this work!
VICCY: Do not crawl like an infant, fool. Your mewling churns my stomach. Desist and we both rest easier. Let us just continue our travels, ...I much prefer that. (romance screwed, she stays in party)
2. Are you sure about this? I...have deep feelings for you, Viconia. I would not want you to waste what could be.
VICCY: I am sure, . You and I know there is nothing that 'could be'. It is ended cleanly...so let us continue on our travels without further argument. (romance screwed, she stays in party)
3. Fine. If this is what you wish, so be it.
VICCY: Excellent. You are very sensible, for a male. It is ended cleanly, so let us just continue our travels without further conflict and we shall both rest easier. (romance screwed, she stays in party)
4. After all we've had, this is the excuse you're giving me? You are an idiot, drow, to give up on me so easily!
VICCY: Am I? Your display only makes this easier. So limp, even for a male! I have no plans to go anywhere, , unless you are too weak to face me.
1. Get out of here! Get out of my sight!
VICCY: A'dos quarth! Aluve', s'lurrpin iblith! Oloth plynn dos! (romance screwed, she leaves the party)
2. No...that's fine. Stay, if you must.
VICCY: Very well, I shall stay. But take your pathetic eyes from me...and let us continue our travels. (romance screwed, she stays in party)

LT=67

VICCY: I have...I have an odd feeling. I do not...think...I have ever felt its like before... (VICONIA2)

LT=69

VICCY: That...feeling! It is back again, but stronger this time! I can feel the ripples of the dweomer...black whispers from the depths of the Abyss!! She has found me! SHE HAS FOUND ME!! (VICONIA3) It...it's inside my head! IT'S INSIDE MY HEAD!! NOOO!! EEEYYYAAAAAIIIIIEEE!!
(Handmaiden of Lolth and a Yochlol-demon appear)
HANDMAIDEN: There is the strayed one! Gather her, rothe...and kill the others!!

FIGHT!!!

When you manage to kill both hostiles, the next dialog continues automatically (LT=71)

LT=71

VICCY: Ooooh...that sort of psychic rape by a hound from the depths of the abyss is the sort that I simply will not tolerate! My head feels as if it is barely connected to my body... (VICONIA4)
1. Hey, don't thank me for saving you or anything...
VICCY: I understand that you have saved me, and I am appreciative. The alternative would have been...unthinkable. I am just...a little disoriented...
1. Just what was that thing, anyway? What happened? ****ASSASSINS
2. Are you all right? Do you need healing?
VICCY: Do not fawn over me, fool! I suffered a psychic attack, that is all! There is little that magic can do to assist me at the moment! ****ASSASSINS
2. What was that thing?! ****ASSASSINS

****ASSASSINS
VICCY: That was a handmaiden of Lolth, and a yochlol. Gated assassins. To think that she would go to such efforts to gather me up, it is almost beyond belief. Why would she come after me now, after all this time? Why now? Has she grown bored with my escapades, or is there some other reason? And...what will she do to take me, next? The Spider Queen is not so easily dissuaded. , I despise this terror that threatens to swallow me!
1. If she sends more, I'll deal with them the same as I did these ones. Do not worry.
VICCY: Easily and bravely said, ...but Lolth is no creature to be trifled with. I...I must think. Please, leave me be for a while...
2. Calm yourself, Viconia!
VICCY: I am calm, foolish male...but my fear is justified...the Spider Queen is a thing to be feared! I...I must think, . Please, leave me be for a while...
3. What do you intend to do?
VICCY: Do? I...I do not know. I must think, ...please, leave me be for but a while...
4. How do you think I feel?! If she sends more of those things, all of us are in danger, not just you!
VICCY: And what would you have me do, ? Leave? Return to the Underdark and plead for mercy? There is no mercy for me! There is no mercy!!
1. You don't deserve mercy, Viconia. You're a dark-hearted thing and I'm sorry I laid eyes upon you.
VICCY: Is that what you think?! Iblith jaluk! Darkness take you, , I shall pray for your destruction forever!! (romance screwed, she leaves the party)
2. Yes, leave...find some way to save yourself, but I won't have you endangering me or the others!
VICCY: You cast me out?! I should have known it would come to this! All trust...is foolish! Darkness take you, , I shall pray for your destruction forever!! (romance screwed, she leaves the party)
3. No. Stay here...it is the safest place for you. We will find a way around this.
VICCY: I...do not know if there is a way around this. I...please let me think on this, ...leave me be for a while...

LT=73

VICCY: Back away from me, you pathetic fool! Do not cast your eyes upon me! I told you to let me be, iblith!! Are you so insipid and moronic that you cannot understand such simple instruction?! (VICONIA5)
1. I said nothing to you, Viconia! What brings this on?!
VICCY: You...you are an affront to me...I wish this had never come to be! ****REGRETS
2. Again you turn suddenly hostile? What happened to your promise?
VICCY: To the deepest pit of the abyss with my promise! I shall do as I like, you ignorant male!! I...you are an affront to me! I,,,I wish...this had...never been!! ****REGRETS
3. I have had enough of your selfishness and games, Viconia! Begone with you and make both our lives easier!
VICCY: As you wish, ! This is...easier...for us both, in the end. Begone with you and your ilk, I pray that we never meet again!! (romance screwed, she leaves the party)

****REGRETS
1. Why do you turn your head? Those are tears in your eyes! Why are you saying these things to me?! Why?!
VICCY: I...I...just...leave me be, ! Just leave me be!!
2. You want this to end, do you? Well, I am tired of trying so hard! So be it!
VICCY: As you wish, ! This is...easier...for us both, in the end. Begone with you and your ilk, I pray that we never meet again!! (romance screwed, she leaves the party)

LT=75
WATCH OUT FOR CYCLING BETWEEN LINKED OPTIONS!!!

VICCY: We...we must talk. (VICONIA6) This...is not working...between us. It will never work, and I think you know this. There can be only one outcome. It can only end poorly.
1. No, I refuse to believe that! I love you, Viconia!
VICCY: Love? What is this love? What can it do? Your love will not be enough for us...it cannot provide us a future. You know it is the truth. Sooner or later I will fail you, or you will fail me, or Lolth will capture me, or I will cause your death. I am Drow and you are not...there is no happy ending here. We must poison our hearts, my ssinssrigg...we must do what is necessary and cleave us apart before it is too late. And I cannot stay. ****PERSUADE_HER!
2. Why do you say this?
VICCY: Sooner or later I will fail you, or you will fail me, or Lolth will capture me, or I will cause your death. I am Drow and you are not...there is no happy ending here. We must poison our hearts, my ssinssrigg...we must do what is necessary and cleave us apart before it is too late. And I cannot stay. ****PERSUADE_HER!
3. I suppose that is the truth. What do you intend to do?
VICCY: I must leave you, now, . I must poison my heart and be apart from you before it is too late. I cannot stay. **** THE_TIME

**** THE_TIME
1. I suppose if you must go, there is nothing more to say. ****SHE’S_GONE_YOU_IDIOT!
2. Is there no way for you to stay with me, even if we are not together?
VICCY: There is no way, . You know that. ****PERSUADE_HER!

****PERSUADE_HER!
1. Then if you have to leave, leave with my blessing. I hope we meet again. ****SHE’S_GONE_YOU_IDIOT!
2. But I need you here in the party, even if we are not together... I cannot succeed without your strength.
VICCY: I... I suppose I am being selfish. You are on a quest of great importance to you, and my leaving would be more than an inconvenience, perhaps. Very well, . It shall be... difficult to stay by your side, but I will. But there is nothing further between us... and we part once your task is complete. This is the way it must be, if I am to help you. I... am sorry, . In my own way, I do... love you. Let us go now and put this behind us. (RomanceActive=2 -??? why again?)
3. No, you're wrong! Everyone can change! We've been through so much, you can't just throw it away!****EXPLAIN_HER!

****EXPLAIN_HER!
VICCY: But why?! Why would you wish to have me stay when you know this is doomed! Doomed as my own black heart is doomed! Do not do this to yourself, !
1. I want you to stay because I love you, Viconia. Because if you leave, I will die without you.
VICCY: ...I love you, too, ...in my fashion. I... I regret I am not a creature who can feel things as you do. The capacity...is just not within. I almost wish it was, but darkness and loss are my callings...Shar knows only too well. ****THE_TIME
2. If... if you cannot love me, Viconia, is there no way for you to remain with me, here?
VICCY: There is no way, . You know that. ****PERSUADE_HER
3. Go, then. Go, Viconia, and do it quickly, or I will not be able to bear it. ****SHE’S_GONE_YOU_IDIOT!

****SHE’S_GONE_YOU_IDIOT!
VICCY: I thank you, my ssinssrigg...you have shown me something I did not think to find, especially here on the surface. You touched my black soul and I will be forever grateful. If it..if it means anything to you, , I do truly love you. Aluve' ussta mzilst ssin'urn ultrin...farewell, my most handsome conqueror. Until we meet again. (romance screwed, she leaves the party, all her equipment stays in party)

LT=76 – the end of romance

The romance guide for all romances can be obtainded in http://www.sorcerers.net
Kaltia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2002, 02:04 PM   #10
Desuma Malevois
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
I have pulled the Shadowkeeper zip file off-line and intend to install it tonight. If someone could give me a primer on the way lovetalk works, I'd be indebted. Linking me to another forum discussion would be equally great (am I crazy or do I remember that once-upon-a-time these forum posts were searchable?)

As always, Thanks for any help you can offer.
When you install Shadowkeeper and load your save game go to the "Global Variables" tab and look for the value of the "ViconiaRomanceActive" variable. "1" means the possibility for romance exists, "2" means that Vicki's in the mood for looooove [img]smile.gif[/img] /you're in the latter stages of the romance, and "3" means that the honeymoon ... er, uh romance is over.

If it's a three, then set it back to one and set the lovetalk to the appropriate value, as per Kaltia's rather extensive guide. HTH.

P.S. Ziroc removed the search function as it was slowing the board down and causing some crashes.

P.P.S. Yay!! I finally made "Avatar"!

[ 09-05-2002, 02:07 PM: Message edited by: Desuma Malevois ]