Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2004, 01:08 PM   #1
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

[img]graemlins/1pissed.gif[/img] I just found out my car insurance is $570/month for the entire year my fiancée thought you pay for 6 months than none for the rest of the year but they renew every six months however that is not how they explained it when they doubled the insurance. We have been paying for 6 months now. We have perfect driving records. I feel so ripped off I am underway to switch to one 4 times as cheep. It is companies like this that give insurance a bad name. I can't explain what I want to do to the guys running this insurance company and they wonder why people go postal. It is a good thing I currently don't own a gun and this is why I could lose it at any time. Oh, if one of those sleazy insurance big wigs walked near me.

Sorry just had to vent my frustration. I mean you hear about there scams all the time but you never think it will happen to you and technically it is all legal for them. This is one industry that needs regulation or a government watch dog to put bastards like this out of business. [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

Oh yah Kingsway General is the name (Gives out the bad publicity). Don't get them let your friends know they suck.

[ 03-26-2004, 01:14 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
Old 03-26-2004, 08:45 PM   #2
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

Does it have a clause saying that if the damage is caused by an "Act of God" then they won't pay?
Recently in Singapore we had some very heavy rains. Coupled with unusually high high tides (spring tides?) that coincided with the rains, there were quite a number of floods all around the island.
I saw this photo in the papers, of a basement carpark, where the water level was almost up to the roof of a panel van - that's at least 5 ft!

The cars etc were all submerged. I can imagine how the owners felt, with all that damage and not being able to claim insurance.
Old 03-26-2004, 11:14 PM   #3
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I'm with you, Pritchke... it sucks. Out of curiousity, what country are you in? I don't recognize the slimeball company's name...

I had a similar experience (although not so expensive) a number of years ago. I got insurance through a company that let me make a couple of installments, and when I got the paperwork, I did some math. They were charging around 45% annual interest on what they were loaning me! I paid it off quickly with a loan from the National Bank of Dad (at 0% interest) and never looked back. [img]smile.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 03-27-2004, 07:44 PM   #4
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

I am in Canada, the insurance company is based out of Ontario. I am hoping the people I have house insurance with are as good when it comes to car insurance.

[ 03-27-2004, 07:46 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
Old 03-27-2004, 11:34 PM   #5
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

$570 a month?! You must drive a Ferrari Testerossa and have a foot as heavy as a slab of conrete. Unless we're talking Canadian dollars... in that case, uh, it still sucks, but yeah, not quite as bad. I pay $148 a month and I thought that was extortion, heh.
Old 03-28-2004, 02:56 AM   #6
Cienden
Manshoon

Geez that's a lot. I only pay about $100 US/month with USAA.

Maybe they got you to sign up for some massive 100% coverage that blankets anyone's injuries mental and physical within 75 feet of a wreck. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-28-2004, 08:58 AM   #7
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Damn, even $100 a month is quite expensive! I was quoted Ł550 (english pounds) a year when I was 17! That's "only" a $1000 a year or around $83 a month. Insurance sure sounds a rip-off on that side of the ocean.
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 03-28-2004, 09:28 AM   #8
Nerull
Lord Ao

Insurance companies are now essentially the 800 gorilla politically in the United States. It's my job to try to collect payments from insurance companies at my hospital. Let me tell you, you pay more and more now and get less and less benefit. I can't tell you how many times I've had to bill a patient for $10,000 U.S. or more for medical bills because they have some plan that only pays a fixed amount per day in the hospital; they are probably paying more in premiums for the policy than they get in benefits. Sucks, but that's the way the insurance game is anymore. Car insurance is no different. I had mine jump from $89.00 a month (after years of driving under the same policy with no accidents or tickets) to $128.00 a month with no explanation whatsoever. Then I did some research, and what I essentially found is that many of the car insurance companies are simply subsidiaries of larger companies that have more than just car insurance (home, auto, etc.). There was heavy flooding from storms on 2 of the past 5 years in Texas, so they took two steps: first, they raised rates on home policies while greatly reducing coverage and/or refusing to renew policies in "high risk areas"; and second, they passed the costs from paying for the flooding to their other divisions (i.e. raised the rates on auto, etc.). Needless to say I was pissed about that, but after years of working with insurance companies, I've realized that they hold most of the cards politically, and pretty much do whatever they want. And it always ends up being the little guy trying to protect his or her investment that ends up suffering. So don't feel too bad, pritchke; you are in good company with a large portion of this continent. It just sucks that it is that way, and I do feel your pain.
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Old 03-28-2004, 12:07 PM   #9
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Strange policies you got there, I only need to pay $232 per year for my car insurance. Even that is considered expensive over here.
Old 03-28-2004, 12:46 PM   #10
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
When discussing car insurance and extortion, I simply have two words.
New Jersey.
Those of you who drive and live in New Jersey, you know what I'm talking about.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.