Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-27-2001, 12:05 AM   #1
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

I was wondering how many of you here collect/play Warhammer 40k?
Even though I have been V interested in it for years now and buy white dwarf often I have only recently started collecting an army. I really dont have any intention of playing the game as such, but its more like a hobby to collect and paint them, and I love the whole storyline of the 40k universe.
Ive just collected so far for an eldar army.
A squad of Guardians (16 figures)
2 Howling Banshees.
And Maugan-Ra, The Harvester of Souls. (Dark Reaper Hero)

And I plan to get a blister pack of striking scorpians next.
So I guess Im just asking if you collect 40k and if so what kind and why?

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."

Overlord of all that I behold and anything that i happen to not notice either.

Founding Hamlet of the HADB.
Old 10-27-2001, 12:07 AM   #2
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Well i dont play it anymore but i have in the past.
I was always more into painting the minatures than playin the game.
I played more of the fantasy battle than 40K but both were pretty cool imo.
The Eldar are wicked. I liked the space marines too.
In fantasy battle i had a wood elves and skaven.
Old 10-27-2001, 12:13 AM   #3
Elif Godson
Dracolich

I ave a bunch of marines that I bought about 10 yr ago, plus a couple
of cast terminator's and a tank. I still even have 1 of the bases that we used to play on. Cool stuff

------------------
The Ruby Rouge of the ALSB
Official Slayer of Pest's in Cloudy's Kitchen
Blessed is the Warlock
Advisor to the Lady Lioness for Kitchen raid's and such...
Old 10-27-2001, 12:15 AM   #4
Elif Godson
Dracolich

By the by did you ever play Blood Bowl ?
Old 10-27-2001, 03:29 AM   #5
Dramnek_Ulk

I used to play it with a borrowed imperial guard army but i dont always have the time now, although i do still play the WH40K pnp RPG.

------------------

There is a tower in the Emperor's palace called the Tower of Heroes, at the summit of that tower hangs the Bell of Lost Souls. Its wailing moan of grief lasts long and reaches the ears of millions, and its tones penetrate the unifying ether of humanity turning the thought of countless billions towards mankind's loss.

Old 10-27-2001, 03:55 AM   #6
Lifetime
Red Dragon

I HAD a 3000pt Eldar Army (gape).. I dont know what made it 3000 pts but I know it had something to do with an Avatar, 1 Fire Prism, 1 Falcon, lots of guardians and every Aspect Warrior caste there is aside from Howling Banshees. Unfortunately, I have no idea where it is anymore

But I'm starting up a new Warhammer Fantasy army (I've played 40k, fantasy, Battlefleet Gothic, Epic 40k) with the Undead Vampire Counts. Really cool stuff!

------------------
No-Name Face
Old 10-27-2001, 04:59 AM   #7
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Well I was playing some spacehulk, since there was so darn many figures (and so much money when you were in highschool years) so I had Spacehulk, and librarians expansion. The Spacewolves were my favorites.. har guess eh? Still have a squad of terminators somewhere. Also collected some Elders, but I sold my Reaver Titan that I had.. I got a pretty good price for it, now I regret it though...

------------------

Howling to the moon, cause this world seems so far away..
Wolfgirs lair
once-upon-a-paper
Old 10-27-2001, 05:33 AM   #8
Legolas the Elven Archer

I collect/play Warhammer Fantasy. I've got Skaven, High Elves and by the end of next year I'll probably have Empire too. Other than that, I play Blood Bowl, used to play Dark Omen and have a subscription to White Dwarf. But no, I don't play 40k.

The reason is mainly that there are no real gaming clubs nearby (I want a GW in Groningen ), and that I'm mostly dependant on family members if I want to play, and they won't collect 40k either. But if I would, I'd get the TAU because I really like their tanks. (check out the Barracuda, for example, and remember that this is an unpainted model )

------------------
The last arrow of Legolas kindled in the air as it flew,
and plunged burning into the heart of a great wolf-chieftain.
All the others fled. -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Old 10-27-2001, 05:36 AM   #9
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I have an Eldar army for WH40K, but I prefer just Warhammer, I also have an Undead blood bowl team and I use to play all of these along with Warhammer Quest, very good game that

------------------
Resident cantankerous sorcerer of the Clan HADB
and Sorcerous Nuttella salesman of the O.R.T

Long live HADB!!!

'What doesn't kill me makes me stronger'
Old 10-28-2001, 11:35 AM   #10
Sigmar
Unicorn

Like Legolas I do play fantasy and blood bowl(Go dwarfs ) but I do also collect 40K Azure. I collect, Iron warriors(chaos space marines) and recently Blood angels. I love the chaos space marines, they're as hard as nails,and unlike their "loyal" counterparts they have no reason to be good guys. After I finished my chaos army(haven't finished painting it yet,takes too looonnggg)I started collecting Blood angels because of their cool background and colour scheme, and because they fit my style of play(Put on your blindfold and rush towards the enemy). BTW-Azure WHO THE HELL IS THAT WOMAN IN YOUR SIG
Edit-Anyone play Mordheim?

------------------

Knight of HADB and Lady Lioness

[This message has been edited by Sigmar (edited 10-28-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Sigmar (edited 10-28-2001).]