Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2001, 09:09 PM   #1
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

Ive read some arguements lately, and after them some people complained about moderation here, saying that we favor some people and stupid stuff like that.

being a mod here ISNT easy, there is a LOT of things to read, a LOT of posts to check, and sometimes isnt easy to discover something that is going wrong till its too late to stop it. we dont live here, we cant be here 24/7 so MEMBERS are expected to HELP us moderators, not to put obstacles in our way and make our work here more difficult than it already is.

we DONT favor anyone, we ARE neutral even if we like some people more than others. i dont think anyone could infer from my posts whom i dont like here (sure its obvious who i like, but im not only a mod but a member, and i have the right to express my feelings, i´d have the right to say whom i dont like too but i think it wouldnt be fair), so i DONT like people to doubt whether we moderators are neutral or not. when ive had to edit-delete-warn-whatever my friends, ive done without hesitating, and im sure other mods have done so.

remember that we are here coz we like our work, no one forces us to stay, we are here coz we LOVE the ironworks and we want this site to be the best.

i repeat that this is not an easy job so a bit of support from all of you would be more than welcomed

thanks

------------------
"Sigh" -Ertai, Captive of the Blinding Angel
Old 09-12-2001, 09:16 PM   #2
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

to say that you don't favor anyone is not true
no one can be absolutely objective, because we all are humans with emotions...

damn, I am such a jerk to point that out

anyway, I got your point
Old 09-12-2001, 09:18 PM   #3
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

BRAVO, JAVI!!! Very eloquently stated! It IS hard to be a moderator on any message board. I mod on one that is smaller and thus less active but I KNOW there is a lot to do and I'm not able to catch it all. That's why there are several moderators and even then we can miss things. IW is a big place.

Moderators aren't paid to do their jobs, but they do it out of a sense of loyalty to the board and Ziroc for making a great place to be on the internet. It is often a thankless task. Nobody runs around telling a mod he did a great job on a regular basis but LOTS of people do complain, at least in my experience and it is not always easy to make everyone happy and abide by board rules too.

They must constantly remember to be neutral in their dealings and as you said, that means dealing fairly with all people no matter what their personal opinion may be. I commend you all for doing just that.

Our Moderators should be thanked for doing the work and caring about the forum. So KUDOS to you all! And to you Z!!!

Cloudy

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."

[This message has been edited by Cloudbringer (edited 09-12-2001).]
Old 09-12-2001, 09:20 PM   #4
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:
to say that you don't favor anyone is not true
no one can be absolutely objective, because we all are humans with emotions...

damn, I am such a jerk to point that out

anyway, I got your point
250, I mod at another board and I know that I bend over backwards to be fair even if I do or do not like the participants. In fact, sometimes I think mods give MORE leeway to troublemakers and people they may not favor personally just to be sure they ARE being fair.

Cloudy

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 09-12-2001, 09:27 PM   #5
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Javi - I have always thought you a very thoughtful fair Moderator. I remember way-back-when when I had a misunderstanding with Ramon, some members seemed to think I was pissed and going to leave the IWs (yeah right, not gonna happen ). You sent me a very lovely e-mail, and tried to help mend fences. I will always remember that

------------------
Old 09-12-2001, 09:28 PM   #6
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Ertai: Thank you for saying that. From one mod to another...I know it's hard. My patience has been worn to the nerve endings these past couple of days.

You were one of the first people who showed me true kindness on this board, and for that I always will consider you to be a friend. Thank you and bless you for being who you are.

Your friend,

Paris (Sazerac)

------------------
Old 09-12-2001, 09:42 PM   #7
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Just posting to show my support.
You guy/gals should visit Ertai's realm at BGI sometime and see how good of a job he does over there, if you haven't already...

------------------

Father of the wicked but cute child known as MaryBeth

Padre de una niña bien traviosa pero guapa
---------------------
Aisukuríimu ga tabetái desu.

[This message has been edited by Larry_OHF (edited 09-12-2001).]
Old 09-12-2001, 09:48 PM   #8
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I know I have aggravated the mods at times, but I like all of you, thanks for semi-tolerating me!
Old 09-12-2001, 09:49 PM   #9
Gwhanos, Lord Of Evil

It would be scary if I was a mod wouldnt it?

------------------

All your base are belong to us! How Are you gentlemen?

The Spaminyte Emperor
Fish?
Welcome to your doom!!!
Official villain/demon of IW!

Old 09-12-2001, 09:51 PM   #10
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

LoA, I think you and I live closer to one another than anyone else on the board. I will actually be in Charlotte the Saturday, if things go right. What part of Charlotte are you hiding in?

------------------

Father of the wicked but cute child known as MaryBeth

Padre de una niña bien traviosa pero guapa
---------------------
Aisukuríimu ga tabetái desu.