Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-14-2001, 04:06 AM   #11
Pangur Ban

Quote:
Originally posted by Nachtrafe:

Pangur...please put your post back. Please dont think that noone cares. There are about a bizillion threads on here, and we sometimes miss them. FWIW...I'm glad your friends are OK. Their guardian angels were certainly working overtime Tuesday.

Thank you, thank you, Nachtrafe and 250, for restoring my faith ... I would be proud to call you my friends.

I couldn't work out why my thread was sinking lower and lower and no-one was replying. I thought perhaps somebody had declared a general ban on the topic of the attack because of the all the flaming that had occured - and I was being ignored cause I had broken that rule. ( It was the wrong assumption to jump to, but it had been a long, and stressful day )

What I deleted in my first post is as follows:

Close friends of mine here in Melbourne, Australia, had three workmates who were actually in the tower on the 83rd floor when the plane struck.

Later, they were given the news that all three all managed to get out OK, 2 with no injuries, and one hospitalized with severe smoke inhalation.

Again I give my thanks to the IW members who joined in with their prayers, and to those who participated in the candlelight vigil.

Pangur Ban

Old 09-14-2001, 04:14 AM   #12
debiler
Red Wizard of Thay

There is still a spark of light, even in the darkest night. Itīs good to hear that, Pangur Ban. And donīt have such thoughts when there are no replies for some time. We do care, whatever it is.

------------------
Calvin the bold - the malt beer lord is in!
Old 09-14-2001, 04:18 AM   #13
Melusine
Dracolisk

PB, don't feel bad about your thread not receiving responses for a while. It has happened to me so many times I've lost count and the same goes for many others. This is a hectic time for most of us, and logically, there has been a deluge of threads since the 11th. It wasn't anything personal, be assured of that. As for me, I haven't checked the board yesterday, and missed it. I'm very glad your friends' workmates were saved, and I think this kind of good news is a great consolation for all of us.

------------------
Melusine, Sultry Elflet, High Queen of Fluffies, Archbabe of the OHF, LH and HADB

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art