Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)

Old 06-26-2009, 09:53 AM   #11
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Default Re: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Hope the Autobots and Decep's have good warranties.. It's another GM Commercial I hear . If I was a transformer, I'd be like... crap, the US Government owns us now. Time to reconfigure to a BMW or Lancer...

What I don't like is they are ruining the entire designs of the Robots. Like Devastator and all.. You can make them look like they actually did but with more worn looking metal etc---just feels like a slight to the original designers.

Too bad the Stunticons couldn't be in TF2. Guess dead GMC wouldn't like all the Euro sports cars stealing the thunder!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 12:48 AM   #12
Wolf Rider2
Elminster

I'm just in it for the explosions. And the AWESOME cars (the car that one of them transforms into in the trailer... OMG drool...)
Wolf Rider2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 09:08 PM   #13
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Well, if that's all you're in it for just that, then you'll be satisfied. Otherwise, don't bother seeing this on the big screen. Worse than the previous movie....just a big mess of chaos.

Kinda reminded me X-Men 3. Alot of flash that goes nowhere. Some people are just happy to see their faves on film and that's enough for them, but no, this sequel is pretty much the same story as the previous with different reasons for doing everything they did last time. It is horribly cliche, and so predictable. I would say that this is aimed toward maybe teens and even then, easily pleased teens. Don't say I didn't warn ya!

It has raked in 400 million so far but is already being called the "Worst-reviewed 400 million hit", lol.

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/movies....million-hit-ap
Old 06-30-2009, 04:47 AM   #14
Wolf Rider2
Elminster

Yeah, I saw it got two and a half stars. But then, some of these reviewers like to have storylines. While almost all of the time I want a story line (preferably action, no love stories if possible) it is good to get away from that once in a while and just see some senseless stuff that allows your brain to go numb. I'm going to see it on Friday, so I will have a proper opinion on it soon.
Old 06-30-2009, 09:53 PM   #15
Sir Goulum
John Locke

It's ridiculous to go into a movie like Transformers and expect your mind to be intellectually stimulated. It's good at what it is - an action flick with explosions and Megan Fox. Go in with that in mind and you'll be quite entertained (although I did find the final battle to drag a bit).
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 03:26 AM   #16
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

I was thinking about food during the final battle, planning what I was going to eat when the thing ended. That's neither intellectually or visually stimulating. I was thinking of pizza. Why? Because I knew the ancient giant prime was gonna return, knew there'd be a moment where the main character almost died and I knew that Optimus would come back. And even when all these obvious things happend, they weren't nearly as cool as I imagined in my head. So mentally, I went back to pizza and wished it would end faster.

I don't think it's too much to ask for a movie to entertain you on more than one level. Good movies do this, bad ones do not. Kids programs can get away with 1 dimension, but a box office flick. And speaking of kids, i'd recommend Harry Potter over this any day.
Old 07-01-2009, 08:55 PM   #17
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

I just wanted Devastator to look like Devastator!!!
Old 07-02-2009, 07:50 AM   #18
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

I thought it was very good.

The problem for me is, do they hire people from CNIB to focus these movies? It drives me nuts!

Anyway, I thought it was great on many levels. It had excellent humour and a touching moment or 2 as well.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:57 PM   #19
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

The only really cool thing that I saw in this movie was that it had Sideways in it. Portrayed how he's supposed to be- Not able to be killed. At the beginning, when optimus takes out Demolisher? Yeah, the car speeding away is Sideways. And he's back for the last battle, despite being split in half.

+1 for a total nerd reference. haha.
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 06:46 AM   #20
Wolf Rider2
Elminster

I've just got back from seeing it. It got a bit slow in spots, mostly around two thirds of the way through, and the last battle didn't need to be half an hour long, in my opinion.

SPOILER

Not yet, keep going.

The Audi was Sideways? I started crying inside when it was split in half. There were some really nice cars in there. A Chevrolet Camaro AND a Chevrolet Corvette. That movie was a petrolhead's dream!
They probably could have made it a bit shorter, though. 150 minutes is a long time, especially for an explosion movie. They just didn't grab the same way they did in the last one, maybe because there were so many of them. Good to see the old characters in it, although I wish Jazz hadn't died in the first one. He was a nice Porsche.

Oh, sorry for how long this response is, too. Hope you guys don't mind.