Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 01-06-2001, 03:19 PM   #11
Holy Mage Wah

Are you kidding??!! That man is as boring and sad as any loser. I prefer Jaheria over him, if not for her conversation alone - her AC is tops!!

Have you ever created a female character with VOICE NUMBER 1: you know, the scuffy hoarse one. She is totally funny!!! (and she's got 18 charisma in my party: even more LOL)

Old 01-06-2001, 03:29 PM   #12
BLACK KNIGHT

You can try to set traps, but it is a lot more sucessful if you use traps to where creatures will appear (liches) or around other creatures that you know will turn hostile (Dragons). Plus many many many more I'm sure.

My Fav NPC has to be Anomen. After you get him to Knight Status and get him a deceit weapon, he really takes off. Good THAC0, Great Armor Class (-10), plus many heal spells.
Not the best fighter, but pound for pound, he has been my most important NPC.

BK

Old 01-06-2001, 03:48 PM   #13
Ramon

Black Knight,

after your last post, take my advice: go looking for cover asap, before Armisael gets to see it, that is. Up to now, he has never failed to go after anyone who has dared to post anything pro-Anomen on this, his board. Hell,
I cannot blame him, Anomen's personality is most annoying. He is the only npc that had me on the verge of killing him. So obviously, I have not used him much, thus to be fair, I cannot say anything about his worth as combattant later on after gaining knighthood status.

Just a well-intended warning.

So long,

Ramon

Old 01-06-2001, 04:07 PM   #14
BLACK KNIGHT

Ramon, thanks for the warning. Not that I am going to go hide or nothing, but I find that in my parties, I need big strong warriors up front to slash and kill, mages in the back to through spells, and clerics in between to heal everyone on sight. If I could do it, everyone in my party would have Cleric spells. And be strong enough to kick someone's butt, too. Here is my Party

Me (Paladin) 18/97
Minsc (Ranger) 18/00
Amonen (Knight with all his lovely spells) 18/52
Jahera (Druid) with Either a girdle or Gauntlets of Ogre Stength 19
Imoen (who has no spells has 18/00 with the opposite of Jahera
And I round out my party with the Aerial, the Mage/Cleric. Still looking to get her strength up.
Everyone plays the game differently, and I am sure that me thinking that Valygar wasn't good enough to be in my party will ruffled somebodies feathers. But that is just me. But without using cheats, my party is one of the strongest you will come accross (I am only in chapter 5, so if there are better strength items out there, I haven't seen them.

But thanks for the heads up!!

BK

Old 01-06-2001, 05:25 PM   #15
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

I just finnished the game, and I have to say that Korgan should get the award. Without him, I would be dead long ago. He has 138 hitpoints and -7 in THACO, -11 in AC, 7/2 attacks, and resists most spells. I never played Yoshimo and haven't tried the trap-skill, but I hear e verywhere it is really good. To lay 10 traps however, doesn't that take a very long time to do? I mean don't you have to rest your party a lot of times?
I finnished the game in 28 days doing all the subquest I could find, (game time, and it is the first time I played it) is this good? and if it is, it's all because of Korgan.
Old 01-06-2001, 05:45 PM   #16
NytesHalo

Yoshimo is good, though if you make your own bounty you don't need him anyway. I have to say that after having almost all the NPCs in my party save for a few like Anomen and Jan, I must say I like both when it comes to undead, I prefer Aerie and Viconia, plus having these two sets up sparks between them almost at the start. I love watching Viconia baiting the flighty elf, who is absolutely terrified of her. Viconia is great against undead. Give her the Amulet for level drain imunity, and have Minsc follow her around with Azureblade and the undead fall fast. Plus with the two clerics. Undead fall fast toturning, either feared, destroyed outright and allied. which is another easy way to kill them. If an undead gets charmed, keep in near Aerie and it will eventually blow up Wish I didn't have to have Anomen to get a romance plot. I couldn't stand his little arrogant voice even when he first spoke int he Coronet. They really needed to add more male one, like Haer'Dalis. Now THAT would have been interesting. That bard's tongue is definitely silver coated. As far as humor, minsc all the way, and coupled with Lilarcor to boot. Don't these two make a perfect match or what?

Old 01-06-2001, 11:09 PM   #17
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Black Knight, don't ever be afraid to express your opinion (even if you're obviously wrong!!!! ) just as long as you can back up your statement with some form of logic.
Old 01-06-2001, 11:21 PM   #18
Archlich Azuth

the best is Areis.
1) she a mage cleric. not possable by evles.
2) give her the right equiment she hard as nails.
3) she pretty
4) she helps Minsc
5) i say so.

Old 01-06-2001, 11:49 PM   #19
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

The best NPC is... Jaheira. Not because of power, but because of versatility. She is like the most flexible character. And with Yoshimo, there is something in the override folder containing his name. Can someone clarify to me that the file in the override folder is to kill Yoshimo beyond chapter 4 if he is not in your party?
Old 01-06-2001, 11:54 PM   #20
Rikard T'Aranaxz
Harper

To be honst valygar is not the best (he is good though if you would only give him a change )
Thge best is ORCOURSE
EDWIN
+2 memrizing that help a hole funking lot
plus he is a conjurer
on of the best classes availble