Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 06-01-2001, 10:49 AM   #1
Gwhanos, Lord Of Evil

They can only wear studded leather, and they can only become profient in melee weapons, so why an archer? and tell good swashbuckling skills and other good thief kits.

Old 06-01-2001, 11:12 AM   #2
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Cause if your using a bow you dont need the best armor then if you were in melee and past level 16 they shoot missiles of death.
Old 06-01-2001, 02:15 PM   #3
E`bola
Dungeon Master

with grand master in long bow and 19 dex are deadly at low level too

------------------
mostly harmless
Old 06-01-2001, 02:28 PM   #4
ShadowUK

Archers are great for just softening up the enemy before you go into melee.

------------------
Old 06-01-2001, 02:30 PM   #5
Wah
Symbol of Cyric

use an archer for grabbing those "unreachable" targets.

E.g - if the path between you and them is too long to walk or just a good "keeping distance" tactic = you do NOT want to do a 1cm close battle with dragons for example!

------------------

Greetings Mortals. My Name Is Wah, Arch Lich Wah.
Old 06-01-2001, 03:18 PM   #6
Legolas the Elven Archer

Why the Archer? Because I like the ranger, and to me the archer kit resembles my view of that class best. Now that I've played it and experienced his powers first hand, he has become my favourite character. And even though archers have limitations, these are not that bad. You don't get to spend that many proficiency points, so only 1 per weapon type isn't that much of a handicap, and the fact that you can't wear metal armour means you can always hide in shadows, which is one of the things that make an archer really useful as he can check out which enemies are where, pepper them with arrows and get out again.
As for good thiefs, I didn't use them a lot as there are plenty of multi/dual classed thiefs in the game already.

------------------
The last arrow of Legolas kindled in the air as it flew,
and plunged burning into the heart of a great wolf-chieftain.
All the others fled. -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Old 06-01-2001, 03:19 PM   #7
Legolas the Elven Archer

Why the Archer? Because I like the ranger, and to me the archer kit resembles my view of that class best. Now that I've played it and experienced his powers first hand, he has become my favourite character. And even though archers have limitations, these are not that bad. You don't get to spend that many proficiency points, so only 1 per weapon type isn't that much of a handicap, and the fact that you can't wear metal armour means you can always hide in shadows, which is one of the things that make an archer really useful as he can check out which enemies are where, pepper them with arrows and get out again.
As for good thiefs, I didn't use them a lot as there are plenty of multi/dual classed thiefs in the game already.

------------------

Old 06-01-2001, 03:20 PM   #8
Legolas the Elven Archer

------------------

Old 06-01-2001, 03:23 PM   #9
Legolas the Elven Archer

Why the Archer? Because I like the ranger, and the archer kit resembles my view of that class best. Now that I've played it and experienced his powers first hand, he has become my favourite character (How about a THACO of -11 with a bow, and being able to increase it even further with the Heartseeker, even though i've only spent 3 slots on archery? Add to this the bonus damage and the called shot and you can take down almost anything, especially with magical arrows...) And even though archers have limitations, these are not that bad. You don't get to spend that many proficiency points, so only 1 per weapon type isn't that much of a handicap, and the fact that you can't wear metal armour means you can always hide in shadows, which is one of the things that make an archer really useful as he can check out which enemies are where, pepper them with arrows and get out again.

------------------

Old 06-01-2001, 04:57 PM   #10
ShadowUK

It's a treble echo,
1 post will do.......

------------------