Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 05-31-2002, 04:29 AM   #1
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

It's time to try a new poll; Who is the Big Dog amongst all? I know for sure that I'm just a mutt playing in the dust.
The Life and Times of Felix:
Started life as a 17 yr old 6'2 193lb Male Whiska:
Spent 14 moons training as Wizard;
22 moons as a Barbarian;
12 moons as Samurai;
15 moons as Paladin;
12 moons as Ranger;
14 moons as Warlock;
10 moons as Bard;
9 moons as Ninja;
165 moons as Assassin;
44 moons as Zenmaster;
Currently is running amuck with 128 moons as Assassin (Pro Zwo).
He has slayed Cet once, and Anaphas once. He is currently at the gate pondering which shall taste the steel.

Come on Packrat, B, and the rest, let us know who the big dog is.

An Assassin on the Prowl.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2002, 07:47 AM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Grin -

Do you write these things down or just remember??

I have no idea, so I guess I'm just a pup.

Will be interesting to see the other posts.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2002, 11:25 AM   #3
Korvican
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Dunno how many moons but here goes:

5'6" Female Whiska:
15min as a barbarian (got bored)
30min as a wizard
45min as a Ranger (working on high fletch skill)
20min as a Ninja
1hr as a Assasin (you've got my ring!)
45min as a Zenmaster

Can't find anything left to kill. May have to start over agian. Might try playing a rat.

Korv.
Korvican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2002, 09:12 PM   #4
Packrat
Drizzt Do'Urden

I don't which is more impressive.. Felix's stats or his record keeping... ..But I get the feeling that ..Felix..has always been ..Felix.

I have 2 different crews.. ..6 veterans and 5 rookies. Which means I had to reload alot of old saves to dig up these stats.( sometimes it pays to be a packrat)

..Anaahk.....(The top dog in my junkyard)
started as a 17 year old, 5'9",122 lb. Female Human:
Spent her first 10 moons as a Warrior
11 moons as a Samurai
12 as a Paladin
11 as a Ninja
21 as an Assassin
22 as a Valkyrie
19 as a Zenmaster
and is currently a Valkyrie again, level 78.( relaxing at the Booger Bar, waiting for the rookies to become Zenmasters, having breakfast...and watching some little ninja vampire get his butt kicked.)

She's killed Cet, 5 times with the group and 4 times solo.(During 'Fast Track Games'.)

Killed Erathsmedore 4 times, solo Fast Track...( Sorry Wyv )
...And the Sphinx once.( I had no choice, I answered wrong and my last save was 2 hours old.)

She's never killed Anephas....But she'ld like to...

And then there's Grabbiella, a 17 year old, 3'5", 51 lb. Female Ratling Rogue....Just kidding... ...
Old 06-01-2002, 10:27 AM   #5
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Hey Wyv,
Yes it is written down. Lord knows my internal memory couldn't handle that much data.
When my puter crashed, I was down for a couple weeks awaiting parts. I spent a lot of my gaming time reading this forum. I found myself at the table with a cup of coffee early one Saturday morning. Freshly sharpened pencil, pad of paper etc... That morning I planned the entire course of this one character, from start to finish. Which classes, spells, traits, and abilities that I wanted, and almost when and where I needed to be to use them successfully. All I needed to do was fill in the actual levels.>>>

K, a moon = a level.
Check the bar area, I recall seeing a ring there when last we chatted.

Packrat, Anephas gives more exp than Cet, but you must run through the Gael Serran with a 'Cets Head'. I have too much fun finding stuff in the game, I don't think I could play at the advanced pace you do. I have taken (Wyv, close your eyes) that fire slobbering dragons life a few times meself. But nothing compares to that old ancient 'Oakenmir' when it comes to gaining massive (did I say millions) exp points. Rookies beware, he can swat you for several hundred hp's.

One of these days I think I'm going to try a female character, and attain Valkrie status. I'm not sure how well they can deal damage, but me tinks it's equal to the zenmaster. Impressive, but not quite what I'm used to. Felix as the 13th zen could only hack out 250-300 points in damage, even hidden, robed, and using light daggers. As the Assasin, only a few can stand toe to toe for more than one melee round. Last run I took out the fabled Hydra in two rounds. Round one was like 435, round two, as the massive beast falls......

An Assassin on the prowl

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Old 06-01-2002, 12:58 PM   #6
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

One of my pleasures after spending so much time on this game is that I can still learn something new. Thanks, Felix! Next time I pop open my game, I will check that out.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2002, 08:37 PM   #7
Packrat
Drizzt Do'Urden

....How do you do it Felix??? Because of your post I've started watching the damage numbers and they only get up to about 140. I know part of it is because this group is still pretty raw, but is it just a case of, Gender/Race/Role/level + weapon, or do you use spells like 'Haste','Frenzy' and 'Heroic Might'??? ..or is it both?

.....as for the 'Fast Track Games', I just do that for Grins.. ..Ryanamur's post made me curious.

Here's a place that I'll bet neither one of you have been. (Wyv.. you can add this to your list of things to do & see in the Gael Serran... when you pop open your game again)...It gets even less traffic than the 'belfry'. (Matter of fact, I don't know if anyone has ever been there.) You go to Bilbump's house and walk southeast up against the trees and cast 'Vanish'. If your in the right spot, you end up in an open field on the other side of the trees.It's actually off the regular map, but it has grass, terrain and also spawns the typical Valeia monsters. (It must have been another one of those "Plan A" left overs
One thing that makes this place reaally kewl, is that it proves that the 'world' and the 'Gael Serran' are flat, and Valeia is on one corner of it. There are trees on 2 sides and nothing on the other 2, and if you walk along the edge you can look down and see the stars.

I found this place by accident when I was trying to avoid the ' Strange Traveler'. I wanted to save him for later and no one had petrification. So I ran down by Gorthius and tried it there. It works But, its too hard. Bilbumps house works everytime. .

[ 06-01-2002, 08:56 PM: Message edited by: Packrat ]
Old 06-01-2002, 11:23 PM   #8
Loumistro
Drizzt Do'Urden

Lets see

15 hours as a samuri
10 as a Zenmaster
20 as an Assasign
5 as Ranger
35 as a Barbarian
Currently a Warlock for 20 hours

I don't change roles often I like to increase levels and get them strong and beat the game with 1 charactor over and over until it gets boring
Old 06-02-2002, 04:31 PM   #9
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Hey Packrat,
No spells.
Just brute force, and shadows. Reseraching the manual and this forum while I was down gave me the info of what I wanted. In addition to having played the game all the way to entering Cets tomb the first go round.

My specialties;
shadows; backstab = x3; fury 10% =x2; giantstrike 25% = x2; berserk +25%; tigerstrike; deathstrike; arm of argus % ??; ancestrial guide; ironmight = +10%; noble cause; stunning blow;

If hidden, with a giantstrike, I have seen over 500 in damage.
Once I'm in Brimloch area I use weapons, before then only hands and feet, as there is no challenge.

I have 5 primary weapons and 1 second weapon in my hat of holding:
Robinsword 18-48
Wizardblade 19-70
DevilsAxe 18-66
yellow katana (?) 17-58
funny looking 2hd sword (Assassins Strike) 19-62

Assassins Dagger 19-72

These numbers may be different than earlier posted, as those were at level 12, these are level 14.

Factor in Str; Dex; Agi; 24 each.

Doing the Tango with a Bark Horro.
Unhidden, kung fu only, punch =45, kick =62.
Hidden, punch =133, kick =157.

Wizardblade and AD
unhidden, swing =79, hack =84
hidden, slash =190, swing =227

These are fresh, as just happened acros a pair (actually 3, but 1 went down on a first swing deathstrike) chilling in the desert close to Cets tomb.

The last encounter with Okenmir, I counted 9 melee attacks. Invisble; shadows; (lasts longer when invisible is active) 2 giantstrikes were achieved. I did not tally total damage, (I'll have to do that next encounter).

I have never achieved deathstrike on a NPC with the patch. I did once the first time I played without the patch.

An Assassin is the blade master of W&W, If Drizzt were here, he'd be an Assassin.

John F. Kennedy

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Old 09-02-2002, 01:59 AM   #10
chi master
Zhentarim Guard

bump