Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2001, 04:02 PM   #1
galic
Dungeon Master

OK, so this is the end, and this is what I think about it.
On a scale of 1 to 10,I`ll give this game a 10, but.
1) It has several bugs that are very annoying (-2 points)
2) It shoud distinguish between day and night. Have places to rest and recuperate (-1 point). See M&M VI.
3) Too much clicking to check the items, and the teleportation needs work. The up grading of the caracters is not exiting at all(-1 point)
4) Overall I think is a good game with lots of monsters,big dungeons and a good story and bad music.

My final grade (6). A pity those bugs.
galic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2001, 04:04 PM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Music didn't bother me. I've heard some really annoying, nerve-grating music in games before. I think I ended up giving the game an 8.5, but then I didn't have the bugs you did. Still, "6" isn't bad considering some of the tripe that's out there.

Congrats on finishing!

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2001, 04:13 PM   #3
galic
Dungeon Master

Thank you Wav ans Saz for your help throughout the game. I have to move on now, my next game Baldurs Gate II. Asta la vista.
galic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2001, 04:13 PM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

reCongrats!

I too would rate it higher than 6 but I also ran the game bug free. Certainly not the best music I've heard in a game (that would probably go to some of the MechWarrior games) but not the worst either. Teleport worked you just didn't have as many options as were available in a game like M&M. I really liked the "environment" too. Early in the game I wanted to be able to rest at night, but after that I'd rather keep on playing.
So I'd give it an 8.5 leaning towards a 9.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2001, 04:16 PM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

galic - glad we were able to help you out. You're always welcome to come back!!

Hope you like BG2. I had it on my machine for maybe 2 weeks and took it off again. Just not for me!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2001, 04:34 PM   #6
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Same here, Wyvern. I never could get into the "Infinity" engine...but even so, the restrictive D&D rules just boggle me.

Still, I've heard so much good stuff about BG2 it may be worth a second look...once it comes down in price.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2001, 08:39 PM   #7
Moni

I think I am going to borrow BGII from Rex and check it out now that he is all into Fallout Tactics (which looks like another good time waster lol)

Galic, Glad you liked the game and I'll probably see you on the BGII forum!

As soon as Wiz 8 gets released though...everything else gets the boot until I beat it!

Moni