Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2002, 04:58 AM   #1
Sir Heinrich Godfrie IV
Zhentarim Guard

I just started a new game and created the chaotic/good, thief/cleric, Gnome that I had talked about in a previous thread. I have 18's in all but his intelligence and wisdom catagories. Once the game started I noticed that my multiclassed character was missing the ability of pickpocketing/lock-opening, yet has "quick buttons" for trap detection and hide in shadows. Also, when I created him, I was allowed to allocate some points to both his lock-picking and his pick-pocketing abilities, but the damn "quick buttons" are missing!!! I removed the staff that the game starts you out with, but that obviously did nothing as well. His character statistic sheet shows that he has 45% lock-picking and 30% pick-pockets. WHAT IN THE NINE HELLS IS GOING ON HERE????
Thanks for any help or advice.
Old 08-30-2002, 05:11 AM   #2
Sir Heinrich Godfrie IV
Zhentarim Guard

Oh... oops.
Ha ha.
Hehe.
Silly me.
*Begins to blush.*
I guess there are more special ability slots/buttons than there are room for them. I found the lock-picking/pickpocketing button HIDDEN under the "special abilities" button on the far right of the screen. Now hopefully I have more than one charge!
But anyways... nevermind everyone.
False alarm.
Old 08-30-2002, 05:37 AM   #3
Jan

Ha ha [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh3.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bonghit.gif[/img]

That's ok. No need to worry!!
Old 08-30-2002, 04:17 PM   #4
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Yep...Cleric/Thieves have Turn Undead, Cast Spell, Stealth, Find Traps, etc., etc......meaning their Thieving button gets stuck in with their Abilities and they get ONE Quick Weapon. That's why I don't like Cleric/Thieves in BG1--that and the fact that the Club is the only weapon they can Backwhack with, and there are no enchanted Clubs in BG1 (without ToSC).

Everybody gets 1 more bottom-row button in BG2; whether that means Cleric/Thieves get another Quick Weapon or not, I don't know.
Old 08-31-2002, 04:59 AM   #5
Sir Heinrich Godfrie IV
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Posted By: SixofSpades
...and they get ONE Quick Weapon. That's why I don't like Cleric/Thieves in BG1...
I have noticed this as well and it is seriously making me re-think the classes I have chosen. I checked under Gatekeeper to see if there was an option to add an extra quick weapon slot, but... no cigar. I wonder if there is a way to change this silly parameter by delving into the game files some way? Oh well, I suppose I'll start a new guy, a fighter/mage/thief. Unless of course I can create a dual-classed thief/cleric and still be allowed two quick weapon slots, then I might stick with this combination.