Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2001, 08:14 PM   #1
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

I started a new game for just fun and to play with Sorcerer. And I realized that he can cast 30 1st LEVEL SPELL! 15 3rd LEVEL SPELL! I was shokced!! THink bout it! A mage can cast 4 1st level spell and only 2 or 3 3rd spell!? I know he doesnt have a larger quantity such as mages but u know most of spells are useless you pick only usable ones and cast others with your other mage. Opinions bout sorcerer?
Old 08-21-2001, 08:33 PM   #2
Nolek Psyphon
Dungeon Master

I think you may have mis-interpreted the number of spells you can have as a sorcerer. I think that you start with 6 1st level spells, not thirty, as this means that you can cast 6 level one spells in any combination, from the spells that you know. Try casting a spell and you should notice that all the spells of the same level have their number of castings reduced. I thought the same thing at first and got excited but then realised that this would mean that sorcerers were easily the hardest characters in the game.

Old 08-21-2001, 08:41 PM   #3
Nolek Psyphon
Dungeon Master

I forgot to mention that I really like sorcerers. With a carefully selected combination of spells they can become killing machines. I wrote out a list of my farvourite spells in another thread about sorcerers. You could try....

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/No...ML/008894.html
http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/No...ML/009095.html

Anyway have fun with all that magic, I certainly did.

[This message has been edited by Nolek Psyphon (edited 08-21-2001).]
Old 08-22-2001, 01:29 AM   #4
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

I'm a Sorcerer freak too. And yes, like you I was like OMG! I can cast each spell 6 times! Took me about 10 minutes to realise the truth.

Regardless, with the proper spell selection, a Sorcerer can become the powerful spell caster in the game.

Mages have variety, Sorcerers have pure brute force.

Here's a thread where I have a list of spells I am about to memorise for my Sorcerer. This is in the ToB Forum, so ignore the equipment list in the first post if you do not want to be spoiled, other than that, it's all about spells. Covered all the way to when your Sorcerer reach max Lvl.

------------------
If not a Sorcerer, then a Paladin.

-------------------------
Baldur's Gate Item Mart
Old 08-22-2001, 04:44 AM   #5
Starkiller
The Magister

I think what really makes sorcerrors amazing is the ability to reselect spells fof ToB. I play a mage, and the only problem with sorcerors was the very few spells you get, and that you have to pick them one at a time for what you need at the moment, which is often less efficient than picking for the long run. The fact that at the high level you are at the beginning of ToB you can reselect all your spells at once makes sorcerors REALLY amazing...maybe too good. But then again Edwin pisses me off too, though he kicks ass. He is simply too good. I guess I am just bitter since I am a die hard advocate of PC mages.

------------------
"Not everything ends the way you think it should"