Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2001, 11:10 AM   #11
Campino

I have to say something to my fellowdutchman in dutch:Gewoon opnieuw beginnen met b.v een monk of barbarian.Wat je ook kiest,succes ermee!!
Old 11-18-2001, 11:13 AM   #12
Campino

Very true,Tarox.So many options available.
I like to switch between good and evil too,adds to the fun )
Old 11-18-2001, 03:12 PM   #13
Aapje
Elite Waterdeep Guard

to my dutch m8, ik begin opnieuw, met een monk ik denk dat ik alleen speel, dus zonder party, dan hep ik meer challenge met battles

and for the rest, Thanx for your advise
Old 11-18-2001, 03:15 PM   #14
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Aapje, please write in english so everybody understands it.
Old 11-18-2001, 03:17 PM   #15
Aapje
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I said Ill start over again, with a monk
and no party, so that the battles will be harder

As you wish, Sir
Old 11-18-2001, 03:47 PM   #16
Barb
Symbol of Cyric

go to My computer, explore c:\drive, program files, black isle cut the save file and paste on desktop. reinstall, cut and paste save file into new BGate directory.
Old 11-18-2001, 05:43 PM   #17
andrewas
Harper

barb, kindly get into the habit of reading the thread b4 replying. if the C drive is formatted then there is no directory to browse.

if he has a spare hard-drive and a masochistic attitude it is possible (just) to recover those files, but if hes put anything (and i do mean anything) on the drive hes very likley killed them dead. or a low-level format would also kill it dead. if hes far to rich for his own good, there are companies out there who can recover files even after 15 overwrites, but it costs about $6000.

oh and does anybody know of an online translation service (like bablefish) which handles dutch. saves havin to bother them when they post in it.
Old 11-18-2001, 05:58 PM   #18
Melusine
Dracolisk

Andrewas, I believe you can translate to and from Dutch on this site:
Travlang

And Exxon, you don't need to go all holier than thou on Aapje (ROTFL about that name, BTW [img]smile.gif[/img] ) if he writes a single line of Dutch. It's not that big a deal. I've noticed you posting lots of comments like those ("post this somwehre else" "stop spamming") and I do appreciate your efforts to keep the place organised, but remember that it is so much nicer if you remain friendly. You're not a mod, and you have no more authority on such matters than any of the other members here [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-18-2001, 06:19 PM   #19
andrewas
Harper

thanx mel.

aapje:
there are ways to prevent this happening, but since your dad undoubtedly had a good reason for formatting the drive (of course, it never seems like a good reason when your saves get wiped) it'd be better if you kept backups. as barb says, grab the save directory and move it somewhere safe. on another hard-drive is easiest(must physicaly be a seperate drive - ask if not sure). viruses will tend to spread to both drives. i used to keep a titchy (1 gig) drive as backups only - only data, no execs, no access, no viruses. brother stole it tho. floppies are to small to do this efficiently - you can only get one save per floppy. but then you should only need one if your careful.cds would work but expensive unless cd-rw.

failing to keep backups cost me my saves a couple years back. bearing on the drive blew - loud bang, puff of smoke, scared mother. lost the whole lot. good side - seagate gave me a bigger drive as a replacement.
Old 11-18-2001, 06:24 PM   #20
Svenman{GUARD}
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Just restart a new party or, if you have a exported char from bg1 use that but NEVER cheat.