Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2001, 11:32 AM   #1
Xschtar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Every time I try to summon, say a Nirthusuu or whatever it's named with Aeire, Nalia or Jaheira, it works fine. If I then try to summon something else, like animals or monsters, it says "you cannnot summon more than 5 monsters at a given time". No matter if I sleep a week before trying or if I summon just a little wolf, I still can't summon two things. What is wrong?
Old 09-18-2001, 11:41 AM   #2
hagimihale
Manshoon

There is a limit as to the # of monsters/animals you can summon or control at one time (five). But if you've only summoned 1 animal or monster, and the game wont let you summon another, that sounds like a bug in the program. Albeit one I haven't heard of.

Now it occurs to me that you might not be able to summon anything else when you summon a Nithshru (cant remember the name either). I dont know if that's the rule. I imagine that some of the more experienced members of this site will check in and give their thoughts. I'm curious to see what the deal is myself.
Old 09-18-2001, 11:45 AM   #3
Xschtar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

No, it's not especially for a Nirthuflu, it was just an example. It happens no matter what I summon. It's not in the bug fixes, but I will try installing the patch, although i doubt it will help. Has anyone heard of this before?
Old 09-18-2001, 12:09 PM   #4
Desuma_Malevois

It is a known "bug" in the program - what has happened is that you've left an area before something that you summoned became "unsummoned". The only way to fix this that I'm aware of is to return to whatever area that was. In the future, it is wise to kill all of your summoned creatures before you leave an area, or, if you have the cheat mode activated, use ctrl-t to advance the time.

BTW, welcome to the board!

Mike

[This message has been edited by Desuma_Malevois (edited 09-18-2001).]

Old 09-19-2001, 10:12 AM   #5
Xschtar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks

But I still have the problem. I have checked EVERY place I have been at and I also checked my old saves to see when the problem started. I haven't seen a single animal or monster, I tried sleeping at every area. Is there no way to hex edit or hack or cheat so I can summon 5 things again? If this is a common problem there must be something I can do
Old 09-19-2001, 12:23 PM   #6
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Did any of your summons get Imprisoned? You have to free them first before they are considered gone.

------------------
If not a Sorcerer casting total oblivion, then a Paladin meting out justice. Otherwise, I think I will just be a bard and torture my enemies with, "My Heart Will Go On".

Platinium Sorcerer of ALSB, Aerie Loving Sacred Band! She's MeowRrrr, and more!

-------------------------
Baldur's Gate Item Mart
Old 09-19-2001, 01:14 PM   #7
Xschtar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well, I haven't seen any of them although I have been to every place avaiable. If they are "imprisoned", how can I dispel it without seeing them? Plus, weeks have passed since I left the creatures where ever I left them...
Old 09-19-2001, 01:27 PM   #8
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

You must use Freedom, a Lvl 9 spell to dispel Imprisonment, in the general are where the Imprisonment occured. I have no idea how to help you find out whether this is the case though.
Old 09-19-2001, 02:30 PM   #9
Xschtar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I am in act 3 and have no lvl 9 spells. I doubt they have been imprisoned, though... Does anyone know how to hack or cheat my way out of this?
Old 09-21-2001, 12:35 PM   #10
Xschtar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

bump... anyone?