Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 03-26-2001, 10:08 AM   #1
Asphyxiate
Manshoon

Coming into work at 730am and leaving at 1030pm with problems still unresolved. ARGH. Just wanted to vent. Mumble moan whine complain etc. Now I'm off home where my Witch-Queen must soothe me.

------------------
Old 03-26-2001, 10:11 AM   #2
LadyRae
Symbol of Cyric

We call that BWAB, Asphyxiate. (Big Whiney Assed Baby) Feel free! We're here for ya, guy!

------------------
Old 03-26-2001, 10:14 AM   #3
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Wow that's one long workday Axphixiate!! And to have to continue tomorrow must be a real bummer! Hope you find comfort when you get home!

------------------
Old 03-26-2001, 12:43 PM   #4
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Asphyxiate:
Coming into work at 730am and leaving at 1030pm with problems still unresolved. ARGH. Just wanted to vent. Mumble moan whine complain etc. Now I'm off home where my Witch-Queen must soothe me.

That would suck. Been there I'm afraid.

------------------
Where were Hamlet and Horatio when I needed them?!

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 03-26-2001, 12:55 PM   #5
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Man....those hours sounds like tax season working hours for accounting co-op students.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-26-2001, 04:20 PM   #6
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Hmm. That's bad. Try coming in at 8 am and spending 10 hours straight in a meeting with a half-hour break for lunch, then getting back to your desk to start your day's work at 6 pm to stay till 10 pm and STILL be behind - like today.

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Order of the Holy Flame
Old 03-26-2001, 06:35 PM   #7
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Asp, I feel your pain....sigh ... I'm not doing the exceedingly long day stuff now. Promised myself no outrageous OT while boss is out on leave...I'd overload for sure and healthwise, not a great deal!

You doing that schedule all the time, Asp? It's a killer day to be sure. As for leaving things unfinished or unresolved? Oh.....boy oh boy, can I EVER relate to that. Sometimes there just isn't a way to do it all....not fair , is it? Hope your week gets better!

Cloudy, heading into work soon...to try and resolve the things she left undone at end of yesterday...ICK!

[This message has been edited by Cloudbringer (edited 03-26-2001).]
Old 03-26-2001, 06:39 PM   #8
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
Hmm. That's bad. Try coming in at 8 am and spending 10 hours straight in a meeting with a half-hour break for lunch, then getting back to your desk to start your day's work at 6 pm to stay till 10 pm and STILL be behind - like today.
Oh dear...Memsy, you even forgot to add the trawling about forums at odd hours. You living on intravenous infusions of caffeine, or have you just moved up entirely to adrenaline and a prayer? And PFFFFT on meetings that last all day and interrupt the normal workflow!

Simbul
Old 03-26-2001, 07:01 PM   #9
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Asphyxiate:
Coming into work at 730am and leaving at 1030pm with problems still unresolved. ARGH. Just wanted to vent.
Whine away!! You deserve to! Let me help... those slave-driving inconsiderate uncompromising thick-headed SOBs...

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
How about this.... try having 3 huge time-consuming projects dumped on you in addition to your 'regular' work, then being sent to a 3 day WORTHLESS out of town workshop which helped your 'regular' work pile up even more!!

I'm never going to catch up, and I have no illusions otherwise.

------------------

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
(Skald, dragon trainer, & member of The Laughing Hyenas)
Old 03-26-2001, 07:04 PM   #10
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Did I forget to mention that the meeting today accomplished NOTHING?

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Order of the Holy Flame