Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-12-2001, 09:21 PM   #1
Jordi
Dungeon Master

Do you have to _do_ anything to turn undead, or just click the icon and wait?

is Aerie any good at this?

Also about the undead, some of my summoned animals, when attacking skeleton warriors and the like, go red on me.
Old 11-12-2001, 09:43 PM   #2
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
No that's all you have to do. Remember that you can't do anything else while your undead, like cast a spell, or you won't be turning undead anymore. A priest's turn undead ability improves with levels, so Aerie should be good at it if she is a high enough level.
Old 11-12-2001, 09:43 PM   #3
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

quote:
Originally posted by Jordi:
Do you have to _do_ anything to turn undead, or just click the icon and wait?

You can turn it on and walk around. It does a check once a round (I believe) to turn.

is Aerie any good at this?

Not right off. The higher the level, the better the turning ability gets. When you are real high, the undead just explode.

Also about the undead, some of my summoned animals, when attacking skeleton warriors and the like, go red on me.

I've never encountered that. I would assume it is because you are turning undead. Not specific undead, but all undead. If you don't destroy them, they assume that you are attacking them.
Old 11-12-2001, 09:49 PM   #4
Sir Jorlon
The Magister

Well then, I haven't welcomed you yet (i thought so).. Sorry, bit of Edwin. Now, welcome! Oh dammit, the instant faces are gone, anyways. If your evil, you can control undead, and if your good, and high leveled, watch those annoying skeleton warriorors explode.As you get higher, you can kill powerful enemies, or charm powerful enemies, depending on your alignment. How neatral would work, if they'd kill or charm em, i don't know.
Old 11-13-2001, 02:19 PM   #5
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

hmmmmmmmmm.... Are you casting any area effect damaging spells? I know my minions don't appreciate it when they walk into a cloudkill(the survivors anyway), or have a fireball dropped on them(again only the survivors seem to mind)
Old 11-13-2001, 02:27 PM   #6
Chris77Se
Zhentarim Guard

If your Main char is neutral, undead should also be turned or destroyed, at least they ran from Anomen before he reached knighthood (be fore it he is lawful neutral).
Old 11-13-2001, 02:45 PM   #7
Jordi
Dungeon Master

AhA1 I think the problem with my summoned animals is whta someone mentioned about the area effect spells. I thought I could summon them to "hold teh line" while Aerie sits back and luanches area spells. It is not a huge problem since I just have Minsc and Jaheira charm them back.

I don't know what I woudl do with all those charm spells anyway.

Aerie is not very highlevel yet, maybe 8 or 9. That explains it.

I am only summoning animals at this point, not undead (so they aren't going over to the dark side).

Although a good cleric summoning skeletons to do her bidding seems a bit incongrous.