Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2001, 10:29 PM   #1
Barloc
Zhentarim Guard

Is she? she seems to have rathar low hp, but I can get her AC pretty high (in the negatives). She has some nice spells too. She just needs stone skin ...

Well?...
Old 10-09-2001, 11:06 PM   #2
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Yes she is.... She needs a strength item so she can wear good armour, but there are plenty of those around. She's got great dexterity which helps AC and also THACO I think. I gave her the flail of ages and a shield, and she seemed to work out okay. She didn't die very often, but I'm not sure how much damage she was doing, not as much as fighters, but enough. The thing is I tend not to use offensive cleric spells in battle, so I had to use her as a tank because otherwise she'd be standing around doing nothing. And she was okay

------------------

Goddess of Undress
Co-owner of the Evil Petting Zoo and Sorceress of the HADB
OLD COOTS eye candy and Disrobed Division of the ORT
And her sidekick Pink

"High hopes...an endless river...forever and ever"
Old 10-09-2001, 11:11 PM   #3
Thrawn
The Magister

Me ive had great success with her being tank

the no iron skin realy sucked but she had the lowest ac in my group the only one who could wear plate, my bard couldn't cause of spells, edwin, no way he got the robe of vecona, and jan i gave him an eleven chain, and my bard got an eleven chain to. but vicy i just loaded her down with the best plate which is like a -2, or -4 for underdark, but the -2 is also good, so i just gave her that -2 plate, then some nice shield that gives you something like 5 or 7 ac bonus then i also gave her the cromfayer, after all my bard got an killing roll in bg I and i way overtomed him big time so with the +2 str bonus from hell and couple other sources i got an natural 25 str so he also have killer dex, 25 natural well i way overtomed him in bg I everything else is in the 5-18 range dex and str are the only one above 19. he's pretty nasty and has an natural ac of -14

vicy on the other hand i had an natural ac of -24 i think not including magic spells. no one hardly ever hit her and with magic spells, think again no one could tounch her but it was on insane and critical hit usualy hurt bad so i had ton of super healing pipe for her ready for her to gugg down

with the right equipment even aerie can be turn into a mean tank, or bloody heck even edwin can be an nasty tank.
Old 10-10-2001, 12:58 AM   #4
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Thrawn:

with the right equipment even aerie can be turn into a mean tank, or bloody heck even edwin can be an nasty tank.
Very true.

Basics to turn Viconia into a tank:

- Girdle of Strength (any)
- low AC armor (magical plate at least)
- weapon like Crom Faeyr or the Flail of Ages

------------------
Old 10-10-2001, 01:04 AM   #5
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

For those... crazy enough to want to tank with Edwin... ...

Girdle of ~~ Giant Strength
Staff of Rynn ----> Upgrade to Black Blade of Disaster later on... ...
Tensor's Transformation
Stoneskin
Bladesinger Chain
Assorted protection spells.
Old 10-10-2001, 03:51 AM   #6
floyd
Zhentarim Guard

While it is certainly possible to tank Viconia, I can't really imagine the benefit, as I'm pretty sure she will never get more than one attack per round, and has a poor THAC0. Even with the Flail of Ages or Crom Faeyr she won't be very effective.

Or am I wrong, and clerics get a 2nd attack at a certain high level?
Old 10-10-2001, 08:23 AM   #7
frudi_x
Drow Warrior

floyd is right, single class clerics don't make good tanks as they only get one attack per round. that means they really don't do any serious damage to the enemy. and because they can only put one prof. point into two weapons style dual-wielding is not a really viable option.
so while they can drop their AC down to bellow -10 and can get reasonably good HP (about 130) they don't do much damage.
I'm currently playing with a kensai/mage and have only viconia in with me and I find that she hardly manages to swing the Crom Faeyr once before the main character minces the enemy into oblivion
Old 10-10-2001, 09:07 AM   #8
StarVid
Elminster

Still, especially with her magic resist. She'd be a good person to send into battle and let the enemies swarm while you pelt them with ranged weapons. And if things get too heated...(monty-python british voice)...Sanctuary!!!

I'd take her. I'm planning a party with a ranger cleric, and am choosing between her and Aerie, but I'd probably take Vic. She can really munchkin!
Old 10-10-2001, 09:18 AM   #9
Thrawn
The Magister

personaly ive had great success improveing vicy's thaco and her attack per round, there are some spells that priests gets that are similar to tensor's transformation but some don't disable your spells, then if you got a mage bloody heck even a bard you can hit her with a haste or improved haste and she got up to maybe 4 attack per round that's the highest ive seen it, but with her spells she can with maybe two spells droup her thac0 almost as low as my blade, and my blade got an very low thaco.
Old 10-10-2001, 09:28 AM   #10
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

Using sanctuary helps too. This gives her at least one easy and unnoticed attack.

JR

Damned i lost cousin Jan's techno gloves

[This message has been edited by JR Jansen (edited 10-10-2001).]