Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2001, 12:39 PM   #1
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

Finally finnished with the dungeon. It was quite difficult because the Jester has really high THACO. He stood about 5 min trying to hit one goblin. I had some major problems with mephits. They killed me all the time. If they were in pairs I couldn't beat them without healing potions or spells. The only way I could get out the dungeon was to rest a lot, use spells, potions and the jester song. I think I reloaded 5-6 times when I tried to kill the mephits where you found Yoshimo, but finally I just used an invisible spell and stood in the middle singing. After a long time they killed each other, but it took a long time.

Now I have killed Mencars group with a little help from the guard downstairs, and the sewer-group with a lot of monster-summoning.

So far the Jester has been really weak, but I intend to play more with it to see if it will improve in some way.

What I really like about the Jester is: It can use wands, cast spells, steal and sing (not so good), but the best ability is....lore! I don't need any spells, glasses etc. This saves a lot of time, but the bad THACO makes up for it unfortunately. It takes quite a lot of time to play a Jester.

------------------

[This message has been edited by el_kalkylus (edited 04-02-2001).]
Old 04-02-2001, 12:50 PM   #2
Cyric
Welcomed New User

Heh, another way to get high lore is to import your character from BGI after running around the game a lot of times to collect books. A REALLY high wisdom score gives a nice lore. My fighter/thief, Cyric, got a lore of 94 at level 11/13. Quite usefull.
Old 04-02-2001, 01:02 PM   #3
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

Aha, well I am quite against importing. It's alright the first game when you don't know anything about the game, but if you already have played it, it will be a little too easy to play.

About books: I have never found any use of books in bg2 (except king of Strohm III book), were they only useful in bg1?

------------------
Old 04-03-2001, 08:27 AM   #4
Killer
Banned User

i dont know du el_kalkys hur gör man så att porträäten i posten med sina egna bilder

death is the way of life Killer
Old 04-03-2001, 08:50 AM   #5
Melusine
Dracolisk

not books....tomes! There were a couple of them in BG1...they increase a certain stat by one point and are consumed upon use. If you want to know what they are like, you can cheat them using CLUAConsole ..I think book 3 to 8 although the wisdom and charisma ones don't work

------------------
Melusine, Archbabe of the OHF and the LH

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 04-03-2001, 10:05 AM   #6
DarkJedi

If you want the lore and a lower thaco try using a BLADe. i mean with defensive and offensive spin is really good and i started with 100 lore

------------------
What is my bidding my Master.

Old 04-03-2001, 12:41 PM   #7
Hesperex

I recommend the skald also, that +1 to hit and damage is VERY!!! usefual, not so evident at the lower levels but when you get to the higher levels it realy helps

------------------

My website http://hesperex.8k.com
Hesperex Freth: 1st son of Matron Mother Shi'nayne Freth, 1st house of Ched'Nesad. Weapon master and patron of house Freth.

Old 04-03-2001, 02:50 PM   #8
Epona
Zartan

I have never gone solo with any character class. I'm a great fan of bards, as they can manage to do a fair number of things, but they don't excel at anything particularly which is hard if you are soloing. Respect to you El Kalkylus for trying it.

The spell 'Tensers Transformation' will be invaluable later, but as it is a level 6 spell you will have to be level 16 to memorise it. I'd write into your mage book the first scroll of this that you come across, and then store them up like crazy - if you see any on sale, buy every copy you can. Summoning spells are also very useful and as you say, your Jester can use every wand out there, so if you have enough cash get them recharged before they run out. You shouldn't have a cashflow problem as you can pickpocket practically everyone once you have levelled up a few times which should be quite fast with a solo bard.

Good luck!

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas.