Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2002, 01:26 AM   #11
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

I saw the movie Nemesis and thought it was an excellent movie, and im not a really big Star Trek fan but I must say this one was very interesting in terms of plot.

The only other Star Trek movie I ever really enjoyed was Wrath of Khan so this one is on par with that.
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2002, 09:51 PM   #12
Sir Krustin
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Thoran:
Well if that trailer is any indication, this has a good chance of taking the Star Trek crown from the Wrathful Khan. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Looks awesome, and is that a plot I smelled? [img]smile.gif[/img]
<font color="#ff6666">Crown? I don't know. I thought the last Borg movie was better than Wrath. For some reason I can't recall the title just now..... I have it on DVD...sheesh

Edit: First Contact! hehe I had forgotten....</font>
</font>[/QUOTE]Oh puhlease. Wrath of Khan is classic! My all-time favourite trek movie. First Contact didn't even come close. I must say, I did like FC better than the other TNG films though. And Nemesis positively sucks, btw.
Old 12-21-2002, 01:47 PM   #13
MagiK

<font color="#ff00cc">Sorry to disagree with you Krusty [img]smile.gif[/img] but I liked Nemesis too. It wasn't a block buster but it was entertaining and kept my attention. WoK was ok, but it was not anything above and beyond First Contact or even Nemesis. If you could explain to me why you think it was sooooo great I would appreciate it as I must have missed something the first 10 times I have viewed it.

For the record, I Liked Nemesis and thought it was a decent movie. could have been a bit longer to better flush out the plot...say maybe 3 hours.</font>
Old 12-21-2002, 09:31 PM   #14
Sir Krustin
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
<font color="#ff00cc">Sorry to disagree with you Krusty [img]smile.gif[/img] but I liked Nemesis too. It wasn't a block buster but it was entertaining and kept my attention. WoK was ok, but it was not anything above and beyond First Contact or even Nemesis. If you could explain to me why you think it was sooooo great I would appreciate it as I must have missed something the first 10 times I have viewed it.
It's classic trek! No trek movie before or after captured the essence of classic trek so effectively. Ricardo had a brilliant performance and the space combat scenes had perfect pacing. Kirk also suffered a blistering humiliation, it showed he was human - not like the TNG films where you have characters like Wesley Crusher, the superkid to always save the day.

I don't disagree that Nemesis was entertaining, it just wasn't a particularly good film and I likely won't revisit it too many times.

If you can't tell, I'm definitely in the Classic Trek Is Best crowd.
Old 12-22-2002, 04:39 PM   #15
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Quote:

For the record, I Liked Nemesis and thought it was a decent movie. could have been a bit longer to better flush out the plot...say maybe 3 hours.</font>
I agree...they really rushed things.
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2002, 11:09 AM   #16
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Krustin:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MagiK:
It's classic trek! No trek movie before or after captured the essence of classic trek so effectively. Ricardo had a brilliant performance and the space combat scenes had perfect pacing. Kirk also suffered a blistering humiliation, it showed he was human - not like the TNG films where you have characters like Wesley Crusher, the superkid to always save the day.

I don't disagree that Nemesis was entertaining, it just wasn't a particularly good film and I likely won't revisit it too many times.

</font>[/QUOTE]<font color="#ff00cc">Err Classic Trek was nice for its time, but quite a few of the stories were pure rubbish, laden with logic flaws and bad acting. Yes WoK was "classic" Trek, and TNG had its share of problems but Wesley has not been in any of the movies. At least TNG had decent special effects and a budget...Classic trek had neither. I like both series but for different reasons. </font>
Old 12-23-2002, 11:37 AM   #17
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Quote:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Sir Krustin:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MagiK:

</font>[/QUOTE]<font color="#ff00cc">Err Classic Trek was nice for its time, but quite a few of the stories were pure rubbish, laden with logic flaws and bad acting. Yes WoK was "classic" Trek, and TNG had its share of problems but Wesley has not been in any of the movies. At least TNG had decent special effects and a budget...Classic trek had neither. I like both series but for different reasons. </font>
</font>[/QUOTE]Classic Trek didn't need the special effects or the budget to make a good series. They had good storys. Thats what Enterprise is lacking.
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2002, 09:39 AM   #18
Thoran
Galvatron

TNG imo is the best of the series' by far, but Nemesis was not quite the equal to WoK in my book. I enjoyed the movie, but it's not a MUST SEE TWICE OR MORE flick like the LotR movies. I like WoK because it was a well balanced movie, and there has not been as well executed an antagonist in any other Trek movies (although I VERY MUCH like the early Q episodes of TNG, before he became a human wannabe... now THERE was a charismatic bad guy [img]smile.gif[/img] )
Thoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2002, 10:01 AM   #19
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Goulum:
Classic Trek didn't need the special effects or the budget to make a good series. They had good storys. Thats what Enterprise is lacking.
<font color="#ffccff">I agree that "Enterprise" is sucking wind, there have been a couple of good episodes but as a whole it isn't working. I would argue however the whole third (and final season) of classic trek sucked...ok one or two of the scripts was ok, but mostly it was suckage. In my opinion [img]smile.gif[/img] </font>
Old 01-01-2003, 12:22 AM   #20
Sir Krustin
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
<font color="#ffccff">I agree that "Enterprise" is sucking wind, there have been a couple of good episodes but as a whole it isn't working. I would argue however the whole third (and final season) of classic trek sucked...ok one or two of the scripts was ok, but mostly it was suckage. In my opinion [img]smile.gif[/img] </font>
About the only reason to watch Enterprise is Jolene Blalock. It's about as exciting as watching coffee brew.

I dunno about the third season critique on Classic Trek, some of the best and most acclaimed scripts come from the third season; although most of my favourites come from the first.