Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2004, 04:57 AM   #51
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziggurat:
I've always liked the mystery of pyramids, and ziggurats are the oldest kind. I like the idea of a spiral ascension to enlightenment, too. No direct path.

Ziggurat is the the title song and name of my first music CD (1996). It's a heavy prog-rock song about sending soldiers in to "quiet the locals" to accept iron rule. It was written at the time Bosnia was happening. Didn't know how appropriate it would be for today's war in Iraq. At the end, the gods were not there at the holy ziggurat for the returning soldier. I kinda like the name Zig as well for short. (The cartoon character seems existential and underdog, but that wasn't an inspiration for taking the name.) The great ziggurat in Iraq is cool. I'm glad we didn't blow it up.
Wow, I've never heard that word before and my dad and I talk about Pyramids and the like all the time. I really thought it was made up. I'll have to do a bit o' research now!
Old 10-30-2004, 05:02 AM   #52
Blunderbuss
Zhentarim Guard

My name originates from a..erm... blunderbuss. But the blunderbuss comes from the Tolkien book 'Farmer Giles of Ham'. An excelllent book by anyones' standards.
Old 10-30-2004, 05:22 AM   #53
Pyrates
Drow Warrior

Hey, btw, Krull is also the name of a well-known german mathmatician, look at http://www-gap.dcs.st-and.ac.uk/~his...ans/Krull.html if you like

Now, my name comes from the fabulous novel "The Dragonbone Chair" by Tad Williams. If you don't know it, read it! The most evil human in that story is Pryrates, and though I don't like evil characters (nobody does, of course ), I like the name. I like it even better without the first "r". I use it in almost all forums, especially when they're about games.

Cheers
Philipp
Old 10-30-2004, 05:31 AM   #54
uss
20th Level Warrior

So nice to see all your cool names. Me, I just came here lurking for answers 'til I got carried away and peeked in General Discussion.

As I've said in every other forum name topic, my username means nothing but 'worm' in my language. The shame! [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]
Old 10-30-2004, 09:13 AM   #55
Raumiel Hellilenda
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Variol (Farseer) Elmwood:
quote:
Originally posted by Raumiel Hellilenda:
I made up my name myself...it happens to be the name of my most recent character. Not an elf like the countless others I have made, but rather a half-Erinyes. (I felt like something different)
..most recent character in what Raumiel? [/QUOTE]D&D. I have a ton of D&D character sheets lying around, and lately I have been looking into the Planar races, thanks to playing Planescape: Torment. (though if I keep up playing, I might end up making a githzerai. *grins*)
Old 10-30-2004, 09:22 AM   #56
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
I didn't pick my name, it was given to me at birth. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Old 10-30-2004, 09:23 AM   #57
shadowhound
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Pyrates:
Now, my name comes from the fabulous novel "The Dragonbone Chair" by Tad Williams. If you don't know it, read it! The most evil human in that story is Pryrates, and though I don't like evil characters (nobody does, of course ), I like the name.
I quite like some evil characters (shock shock my D&D characters are usually evil), try reading Well Of Darkness by Margaret Wies and Tracy Hickman. Its a good book that is written from the villian's point of view.
I will have to have a look at this Dragonbone Chair book of yours [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-30-2004, 09:59 AM   #58
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

In our DnD campaign everybody has to be good. And i like it much better. I fact I wouldn't play if it were any other way. I hear that evil parties are too easy. When you're good, you just can't go around killing everything.
Old 10-30-2004, 10:03 AM   #59
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by Variol (Farseer) Elmwood:
In our DnD campaign everybody has to be good. And i like it much better. I fact I wouldn't play if it were any other way. I hear that evil parties are too easy. When you're good, you just can't go around killing everything.
Well, it really doesn't matter any other way, you really don't have a choice but to be good because the game isn't designed to benefit an evil party.
Old 10-30-2004, 12:05 PM   #60
Raumiel Hellilenda
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have played only good characters for years. I don't think I can play evil, to be honest.

There is a lot more to evil than just killing, though. I think the kind of evil that goes around killing everything is rather cliché, to be honest. There's more than one way to be evil. (like manipulating and using people) But the farthest I have gone is Neutral.