Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2003, 06:00 PM   #41
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Glad your Mother's Day is going well. I guess if I had to take a character from Sophocles it would be Theseus. But I really prefer Aeschylus.
Old 05-11-2003, 10:49 PM   #42
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

well all back, here is what happened
We got there late, had spagetti for lunch, my uncel took alot of pics of the kids, the baby(who hates strangers) decided to run up to him with her arms open wide, and loved all over hi then we went outside to smoke, my brotherand husband started playing a game of football toss, and one wound up hitting me square in the back of the head....funny now but hurt like an SOB, then my mom and I played goalie catch,lol and chased the kids all over the yard, we finally left at 6 pm, so i am very tired
Old 05-11-2003, 11:32 PM   #43
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Ah, I'm so full of food and wine and coffee. I love it when my dad throws his 'Adult Only Wine Tasting Parties'
Old 05-11-2003, 11:40 PM   #44
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by wellard:
Damn *slaps the spell check* [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

Pah [img]tongue.gif[/img] the revolution is coming Horatio, and when it does you will be the first against the wall. Anyway I'm off to bed, I need my bueaty sleep [img]graemlins/showoff.gif[/img]
Did you mean to do that on purpose, Wellard? Or is the spell check getting even?

I usually try to put one post between 'em, myself...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 05-11-2003, 11:56 PM   #45
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Blue03:
Ah, I'm so full of food and wine and coffee. I love it when my dad throws his 'Adult Only Wine Tasting Parties'
LOL, Jen, I guess you are a happy camper, with the emphasis on the "happy." Have a good night, I'm bailing out. Can't keep my eyes open any longer.
Old 05-12-2003, 01:34 AM   #46
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

Well...I haven't dropped by here in a dog's age. I see that someone accidentally rearranged my previously alphabetized coffee beans. Oh, well....

TJ's bio-father phoned the other day. What a waste of time and space he is, let me tell you. Anyway...that is a story for another day. (most of my stories are)

In the meantime, here I sit censoring what I type because the Guinness is having a little more effect than usual. [img]graemlins/beigesmilewinkgrin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Old 05-12-2003, 04:45 AM   #47
Sigmar
Unicorn

Is Mothers day the same day all over the world? Gibraltar celebrated Mother's day some time in March. Little help please
Old 05-12-2003, 06:08 AM   #48
Legolas
Jack Burton

Appearantly mothers day originated in the US and reoccurs every 2nd sunday of May. Something about a well-loved grandmother with many children and grandchildren dying then and the kiddos deciding they wanted to honour mothers everywhere from then on. I don't know how it spread though, because I wasn't there. So you'll just have to forgive me if I lack any details [img]smile.gif[/img]

In any case, it should be the same date everywhere. I can imagine that you'd want to change the date if you're too busy to celebrate on the official day, but all of Gibraltar?
Are you using the same calendar as the rest of the world? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-12-2003, 06:25 AM   #49
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
quote:
Originally posted by wellard:
Damn *slaps the spell check* [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

Pah [img]tongue.gif[/img] the revolution is coming Horatio, and when it does you will be the first against the wall. Anyway I'm off to bed, I need my bueaty sleep [img]graemlins/showoff.gif[/img]
Did you mean to do that on purpose, Wellard? Or is the spell check getting even?

I usually try to put one post between 'em, myself...
[/QUOTE]In the words of homer simpson..... D'oh

[img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Anway 'humphhh" good morning everyone [img]tongue.gif[/img]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 05-12-2003, 07:26 AM   #50
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by Legolas:
Appearantly mothers day originated in the US and reoccurs every 2nd sunday of May. Something about a well-loved grandmother with many children and grandchildren dying then and the kiddos deciding they wanted to honour mothers everywhere from then on. I don't know how it spread though, because I wasn't there. So you'll just have to forgive me if I lack any details [img]smile.gif[/img]

In any case, it should be the same date everywhere. I can imagine that you'd want to change the date if you're too busy to celebrate on the official day, but all of Gibraltar?
Are you using the same calendar as the rest of the world? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Nope I use the same calender as the rest of the world, it has 365 days in it and its been in the family for 30 years now, we haven't seen the need to replace it

Seriously though it is the official date in Gibraltar, perhaps its a conspiracy instigated to ake advantage of saps i9n Gib gullible enough to buy two Mothersday gifts. Hallmark is evil I tells ya