Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2001, 03:41 PM   #21
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

My character's equipment:
Ring of 50% fire resistance from Mistral
Dagger - ? what does it do?
Robe - ? (I mentioned the fact that I was wearing one several times)
Bracers - probably none
2nd ring - ? do I have one
Amulet - probably none
Boots - ?
Cloak - ?
Girdle - ? do I even have one?
Belt slots: 1 potion of extra healing, 1 scroll of protection against cold, anything else?

[This message has been edited by Kaz (edited 10-15-2001).]
Old 10-15-2001, 04:03 PM   #22
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

(ooc: Something tells me Deiter got grounded... HRM... )

~Upon entering the room she finds the protal stone on the floor. But there was something else... The saphire dragon. She picks the amulet up.~ "Thank you Mielikki... At least now I know he's on this plane and that he's all right." ~She looks into the other room, seeing her comrades sleeping (this was before they had woken up).~ "They won't miss me." ~She puts the wooden necklace back in her cloak and starts heading out to the twilight of the city. She would toss a copper to a begger asking for information, there was none. She told him to keep it and walked down the street to the Temple Of Illmatar.~

Might I help you sister?
"Eh, yes crying one, you see I've got a bit of a problem here." ~She points to her ribs, unwrapping the cloth and wincing, forcing herself not to curse in a temple.~

^The priest smiles.^ Not a problem my child, drink this and go rest, Illmatar have his blessing upon you.

~She nods and takes the potion.~ "Em... How much do I owe you?"

^The priest chuckled.^ "This one is on me dear girl."

~She thanked the priest profusely, then walked to the nearest bench, sitting down and sipping the potion quietly. She could feel her side tingling as the shattered bone rebuilt. She then looked down at her emerald dragon.~ "Where have you gone Deiter? You... You promised..." ~She shudders as the moon rises high in the sky, a cold wind chilling her to the bone, broken or not. She holds her tattered cloak tightly around her, pulling a green book from her nap-sack. She opened the book and took a pencil from the bag, writing in her usual rushed penmenship.~

I'm back on the mainland... Can't say I'm thrilled. I've "run away" from my comrades in search of Deiter. Where could he have gone? What could have motivated him? The saphire dragon gives me proof he'd been in Meldrin's palace at some point, but what happend after he came back to this plane? Why didn't he come promptly after Larry and I? I doubt severly it would be an act of cowardice, my mind would suppose he had been way-laid. A million posibilities, no answer. I grow weary and lonely, but I must press on. Unfortunately it's easier to write such than to act it.
Written By Chani Ravenwood, five and tenth day, month of the ghoul, year of the sword.

~She puts away the pencil and book, looking longingly at the cresent moon.~ "Where are you Deiter? Did you know you'd cause me so much grief?" ~She rubs her only slightly aching side as she gets up, walking aimlessly down the cobblestone.~

Old 10-15-2001, 04:18 PM   #23
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

{ooc: Hello guys/gals...yes, it's me again... I've woken up from a nightmare. The rain seems to be dying down )

Just a suggestion here: At this point, odd jobs would probably give rise to no more than 4000 gp. I will come up with an explanation on how I got my swords and robe. Any powerful magical stuff will easily hit more than 10,000 gp if you asked at the BG2 stalls.

Kaz - my suggestion for you is Adventurer's Robe; that is pretty cheap costing say 200gp. Not sure about the other items though; as long as you can account for them, it'll be fine.}
Old 10-15-2001, 04:22 PM   #24
Kaz

Yep - Adventurer's Robe it is! The thing is, I know I already HAVE a robe, so I could say that I had the adventurer's robe already - ???
Hm... what other things could I have? Still thinking...
Old 10-15-2001, 04:41 PM   #25
mistral4543

With the wares no longer interesting her due to the lack of funds, her attention begins to drift. As the others continue selecting their goods, she closes her eyes as if to concentrate.

~Radiant with joy, wearing the 2 rings of fire resistance which she had impulsively bought with the first few hundred gold pieces she had earned from fetching an assortment of items from one place to another.~

~ A party of six, poking their noses into places where they shouldn't... but they weren't entirely to blame, for it was a room located in an inn within the Athkatla city gates. Jan had accepted the challenge, set some traps outside the secret door, downed a potion of speed and dashed in to see the lich. Later, he would boast of unlocking the chest in double quick time and dashing out as the lich began hurling fantastic spells at him... just as he identified the Daystar and threw it at Mistral, the lich had come charging out and been partially injured by the traps. Mistral had quickly cast the sunray spell ability of ths sword while Jan hurled his minute meteors on the lich; the others had pitched in as they could... they barely survived that one. ~

~Despite the guarded compound, her friends had been goaded on by Jan's adventuring spirit. The ensuing battle had resulted in Mistral being the only survivor, and the Celestial Fury being the prize. She had had to run several errands yet again to raise the funds to resurrect them all. Her friends had then insisted on her keeping the katana since her fitness had ensured her survival... from then on, they had split up due to various personal reasons. ~

~Her boots of speed that Spree was currently wearing had been a farewell gift from her kensai teachers. Never underestimate the power of speed in combat, they had told her. How true it all was...~

~In his dying breath, her archmage tutor willed his Robe of Vecna and mage book to her... she had been his favourite pupil, being quick to learn and able to keep her mouth shut most of the time. Some of the elders had challenged the decision, but they bowed down eventually for respect to the dead.~

Mistral snaps back to reality and looks around.

[This message has been edited by mistral4543 (edited 10-15-2001).]
Old 10-15-2001, 04:52 PM   #26
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

ooc...might I help, Kaz?

your character's equipment:

Ring of 50% fire resistance from Mistral
Dagger - + 1 (normal dagger, cheap)
Robe - I think you got this one figured out.
Bracers - none
2nd ring - none
Amulet - Amulet of Aerie (you're a mage in our temple, so you would have something fun like this...Abilities...+1 to AC, heals wearer completely 1/day.
Boots - Boots of grounding to protect against lightning sound good
Cloak - none
Girdle - none...your too skinny as it is...
Belt slots: 1 potion of extra healing, 1 scroll of protection against cold, 1 potion of poison neutralization
Old 10-15-2001, 04:52 PM   #27
Kaz

OOC: Bedtime! Drag my character along, like I said lvl 15 Transmuter. Please give me a hand with the Equipment?
EDIT: Just saw your post. THANKS, Larry! *hugs*

[This message has been edited by Kaz (edited 10-15-2001).]
Old 10-15-2001, 04:56 PM   #28
mistral4543

(ooc: Larry, how many healing potions are left? I didn't buy any because I assumed there are some left... erm, could you hand some to my character?

Ok, I'll go rest my eyes for the half hour before official wakeup time... pls drag my character along, too. Thanks all! )
Old 10-15-2001, 05:08 PM   #29
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Larry and his two friends head out of the shops and return to thier little hide-out. Larry began searching through his belongings for what Mistral had given him earlier.

"OK, now that you are back with us, I need to give you your stuff back, Mistral. I have one scroll of Stone to flesh and two potions of extra healing. I need to keep one potion, and you can have the scroll and the other potion. Also, ~taking off the ring of fire protection.I don't wanna see you get all burned and all. Please accept this back. My sword gives me plenty of magical protection, though I do not even have a complete list of all she does...except for a few things.

Mistral smiles and accepts the gifts back from Larry.

"And for you, Kaz...I have this. I found it in Avatar's room while cleaning up one day, and well...borrowed it"

Larry hands Kaz a wand that is unidentified.

"Now, what are we going to do? Wait for Spree? Go sailing? Go beat up on some townsfolk, get arrested, and see how many minutes it takes us to break free?"

Old 10-15-2001, 05:10 PM   #30
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

ooc: Just thought I'd show off my stuff.

Armor: The Night's Gift (+5)
Head: None
Bracers/Gauntlets: Braces Of Archery
Ring 1: Ring Of Animal Friendship
Ring 2: None
Neck: Emerald Dragon Amulet
Girdle: Plain girdle to carry potions and the like
Feet: Boots of speed
Weapon 1: Ravenwood Blade Of The Vines (long sword)
Weapon 2: Black Bow (composite long bow)
Weapon 3: Past Twin Of Tear's Fall (scimitar)
Quiver: Home-made normal arrows
Back: Whispers Of Silence (cloak of non-detection)

Nothing else!