Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2005, 10:36 AM   #1
jsalsb
Elminster

Well, the official http://www.dungeonlords.com/ site is down. I wonder if it's because they're making some *significant* modifications... like posting a demo?!?! No new news on the DreamCatcher Games site, tho.

We'll just have to wait and see.
Old 01-25-2005, 10:43 AM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

I've adopted the attitude: It will arrive when it arrives.

I just can't focus much energy on anticipation.

Sorry to say, I'm skeptical as to whether or not I'm going to like DL or it is going to fall into the category of so many games: emphasis on the eye candy and not enough story or puzzles or whatever it was I used to really love about CRPGs.
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 05:04 PM   #3
Hopeless Necromantic
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Wyvern:
CRPG.
There is the problem, I think. I've convinced myself that DL will be Diablo/Dungeon Siege with better graphics.

Whether or not that is true probably doesn't matter - the only thing for sure is it definitely won't be as deep as W&W or Wizardry.
Hopeless Necromantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 10:19 PM   #4
Griefmaker
The Magister

I agree with Wyvern that too many games now feature eye candy but have no substance.

That is not to say that eye candy is a bad thing, but that is not the reason why I play games (although it does help!).

It is pretty sad, but most of the games that I enjoy playing are from before 2001. Those games are primarily 2 dimensional, and some are downright ugly, but there is something that keeps drawing me back to them. It may be the gameplay, the story, or possibly subliminal messaging forcing me back to those games--but I still enjoy many of those more than the ones that have come out recently.

Alas, I believe that dark times in gaming are still to come as the almighty dollar continues to control everything! What publishers/developers (and many gamers for that matter) believe makes games sell is how flashy and pretty something is. Who cares about content when the gamers will be blinded by beauty? (please forgive the last paragraph, some cynical sarcasm snuck into my post!).

Anyway, I hope that DL will be an awesome game that will inspire all of us to talk about it years after it has been released, like many of the games seen here at IW.
Old 02-03-2005, 11:35 PM   #5
macoati
Manshoon

According to Typhoon's forum for DL and a post from a gentleman named DaddyDrew:

begin quote from Typhoon________________

Hi KingEli, welcome to the Forums

The current release date is set for April 20th, as released by Dream Catcher on the 25th of January 2005. Apparently there are new screenshots, trailers and even a demo due for release the closer we get to the new 'big date'.

We're all a little frustrated with the lack of confirmable information, but for the most part we understand that the team are working hard on more important things, like finishing the game.

You'll find the people on these boards have a wealth of knowledge they can offer, if you have any questions feel free to ask and we'll do what we can do

(Post can be found here: http://support.typhoongames.com/boar...?TID=1098&PN=1
)
___________________ end quote from Typhoon

Let us hope it is worth the wait.

Regards
Old 02-10-2005, 03:32 AM   #6
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

It looks wery nice and cool i think it wil be a great game, hope the demo is ready soon...
Megabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 10:43 AM   #7
jsalsb
Elminster

John Bowlin at Game Chronicles Magazine says that the final retail version of Dungeon Lords should be out on April 17, 2005. What about the demo? Big long article...

http://www.gamechronicles.com/previe...ngeonlords.htm
Old 02-26-2005, 02:49 PM   #8
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Would be nice to have a demo!!

Ziroc is going to add a Dungeon Lord's forum here before too long!
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 12:53 AM   #9
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Would be nice to have a beta copy, too...

Interesting that the reviewer says so many nice things about W&W, and acknowledges that it was rushed and not well supported. If only...

I hope DL goes much better.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 09:55 PM   #10
jsalsb
Elminster

posted today, march 1, 2005!! Go to http://www.dungeonlords.com and sign up for public beta testing!!!