Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 01-04-2001, 05:51 AM   #1
Anna

Hi!

I cannot understand the difference between the spells "Pry" (vine level 3) and "Disarm Trap" (vine level 5).
The same is true for the spells "Resurrect" (spirit level 5) and "Rebirth" (spirit level 7).

Could anyone explain this, please?

And how important is the skill "Sorcery"?
At level ascendation I prefer to use my skill bonus on the magic circles. But since I cannot train "Sorcery" in the guilds, all my characters still have only one point on this skill.
So, should I increase "Sorcery" at some time, or is it not worth to go for that?

Thanks.

~Anna
Old 01-04-2001, 06:01 AM   #2
pigment

The Sorcery-Level is the basic of all kind of magic !
i thought to learn e.g. a new Level 5 fire spell, you need Level 5 in fire magic AND in sorcery.

Please correct me, if i'am wrong !
Old 01-04-2001, 08:07 AM   #3
Junglegirl

You need *resurrect* if the dead body turnes to bones, that means if *rebirth* doesn't work as it should. As of Pry I don't know because my rogue was very good in opening chests so I never used it
Old 01-04-2001, 08:24 AM   #4
Igor

As I know, there are some words about Pry and Disarm Trap in manual. And there is written something like that: Disarm Trap is more safe way of chest opening... and it will not release the trap. But I've tried Disarm Trap and it RELEASED trap when I failed in opening!!
So... I don't know a difference well
Old 01-04-2001, 03:22 PM   #5
carg
The Magister

Lisanna,
Pry just opens the chest, automatically setting off any trap it contains, while Disarm Trap tries to disarm it, using your sorcery skill as 'picklock' skill. So when you use disarm trap and your sorcery is high enough for that chest, you successfully disarm it and it will open. But if it isn't, there is a chance that you just won't open the chest, but also a chance to set the trap off.
Resurrect has a failure chance, dependent on the target's fortitude. If it fails the target will be turned to bones, and you'll need rebirth to make him/her alive again.

Sorcery: some spells are heavily dependent on it, like disarm trap. But most spells just get a bit more effective with higher sorcery. I read somewhere 10 points higher sorcery make spells do twice the damage. This is slow enough for me to first get the higher level spells, which do more damage too, and only later increase sorcery. It is NOT true that you need sorcery level 5 to be able to learn/cast 5th level spells.
carg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2001, 03:22 PM   #6
carg
The Magister

Lisanna,
Pry just opens the chest, automatically setting off any trap it contains, while Disarm Trap tries to disarm it, using your sorcery skill as 'picklock' skill. So when you use disarm trap and your sorcery is high enough for that chest, you successfully disarm it and it will open. But if it isn't, there is a chance that you just won't open the chest, but also a chance to set the trap off.
Resurrect has a failure chance, dependent on the target's fortitude. If it fails the target will be turned to bones, and you'll need rebirth to make him/her alive again.

Sorcery: some spells are heavily dependent on it, like disarm trap. But most spells just get a bit more effective with higher sorcery. I read somewhere 10 points higher sorcery make spells do twice the damage. This is slow enough for me to first get the higher level spells, which do more damage too, and only later increase sorcery. It is NOT true that you need sorcery level 5 to be able to learn/cast 5th level spells.
carg is offline   Reply With Quote