Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2002, 12:33 PM   #31
Jack of Speed
Manshoon

Gimli, RIGHT ON!

Has anyone tried to fight Hedron on the boat in HoF??? If so perhaps you could explain how a man with a NON-ENCHANTED SPEAR can do 40+ damage? 1d8+32? That would make his strength around 130. Its crap like this that makes min/maxing just fine in my book.

Luvian... I KNEW IT!

Do your late night activities invole a women in black boots with a whip? I think I am starting to understand why you make things difficult on yourself all the time...
Old 11-11-2002, 02:44 PM   #32
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Keep in mind that opponents in HOF do, at the very least, double normal damage. The slider shoots right up to "insane" when you check HOF mode. They may even add a little to that, "just for fun".

If we figure that Hedron has about a 20 ST, for +5, with bonus for spear, +7, and then weapon specialization spear, he can hit for 1d8+9. That gives a range of 10-17. Double with a little extra could easily bring his damage to 40 or more in HOF, especially if his strength is higher than the speculated 20.

For all that, I suspect Hedron may be "fudged" to do more damage anyway. Just the way merchants are "fudged" so you can't kill them and grab their full merchandise.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2002, 02:49 PM   #33
Jack of Speed
Manshoon

Filthy fudged bastages! I hate that you cant kill the non-plot-point merchants and gank there stash! IF they are dead... why does there gear dissapear? Eh... I guess it doesnt matter... "Just the way the game is."
Old 11-11-2002, 02:56 PM   #34
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Ah well, I guess I'll haveta tell ya the secret (don't let the Merchants Guild know I told ya!).

All merchant stock is actually carried in a special bag of holding, with a contingency teleport spell on it. The minute the merchant dies, the bag shuts itself and teleports back to Guild headquarters. So all you get is any personal stuff that's on the body.

Sneaky, those merchants

Nightowl2
Old 11-11-2002, 03:40 PM   #35
Jack of Speed
Manshoon

Color of NightOwl2's Eyes: Brown

Because you are full of it! [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-11-2002, 04:03 PM   #36
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

I like Nightowl's explanation, very original.
Old 11-11-2002, 06:51 PM   #37
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Thanks, Luvian.

Jack, you have no idea what I'm full of

Nightowl2
Old 11-11-2002, 11:24 PM   #38
Gimli
Emerald Dragon

That child-stealing sorceress near the wandering village forgot to put her scroll case into the contingency bag though [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-12-2002, 12:01 AM   #39
Jack of Speed
Manshoon

She's non-Union.

"There is no lower form of life than the Union Scab!"