Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2002, 02:14 AM   #11
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Didn't I say bards were great? It is no bug and another thing you will be learning level 7 spells before you know it, they get one level 8 spell as well when you reach the experiance cap which you probaly will with the bard. Who needs mages or cleric. OK, well maybe the bard can't do everything all at once so I think that was why I took a cleric/mage in my party. But resting never came into play unless you were tired.
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 03:58 AM   #12
Carthiriel
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Jim:
quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
Got a question. Exactly what does +1 Luck do? The description is a bit vague in the game.
Increasing ones luck by 1 gives +1 to hit, +1 to all saving throws and gives a 1% bonus to all thieving skills. The latter is absolutely pointless. 101% instead of 100% in open locks really isn't going to make any real difference![/QUOTE]I thought it was +5% on the thieving skills?
Might be wrong of course =P
Old 11-13-2002, 03:34 PM   #13
NobleNick
Quintesson

Carthiriel,

Welcome to the forum! [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] . [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] . [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2002, 12:19 PM   #14
Carthiriel
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks, Noblenick =)
Old 11-17-2002, 01:52 PM   #15
Jim
Quintesson

Quote:
I thought it was +5% on the thieving skills?
Might be wrong of course =P
Welcome to Ironworks Carthiriel!

I've just double checked, and it's a +1 bonus that applies to all attack rolls and thieving skills (i.e. 1%)
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2002, 12:10 PM   #16
Carthiriel
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks Jim [img]smile.gif[/img]

I dont know where I got that five percent from... Maybe its from Torment?
Old 04-20-2004, 07:33 PM   #17
dcwin
Welcomed New User

Greetings, One and All!
I am a complete newbie, both to Icewind Dale, and toe this forum. I am having some problems with my bard, and I don't know if its just because she's only Level 3, or if I am truly missing part of the Manual. I have NO idea how a bard learns spells, and I have been all through the manual that came with the game! All I have found is a tag line about "If you want to learn more about the classes go to page 65." I HAVE NO PAGE 65! I realize that this is probably so basic that no one really cares, but if I beg REAL HARD, could someone please help?
dcwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 12:40 AM   #18
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Do you mean casting spells?

The same as your Mages.

1) You need to find a scroll.
2) Right-click on the scroll.
3) Select the "Learn Spell" button.

Assuming a successful learning of the spell( Quicksave/Quickload is your friend), go to your spellbook( W key is the shortcut).

On your left, you will notice empty spell slots.

On your right, are your known spells, if any.

To fill up your spell slots, click on a known spell. To clear a spell slot, double-click on the spell slot.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 10:24 AM   #19
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

God this thread is a blast from the past.

When you Right click on a spell scroll it should have a button that allows you to "write spell". It will then attempt to write that spell to your book. I usually save and drink potions of genius before writing a spell to my book. The higher the Intelligence a bard has the easier it is to learn spells. I recommend 16 Int for the bard. To learn the spell open your spell book and select spells until all the boxes on the right are filled out. Then rest you should now be able to cast spells. You will notice that if you have written higher level spells to your book and there are no boxes in the right to fill than those spells are not yet accessible as your level is not high enough. Hope this helps.

Oh and dcwin, welcome to the forum. [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

[ 04-21-2004, 10:26 AM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 04:17 PM   #20
dcwin
Welcomed New User

OK, so I didn't lie about being a newbie. You guys are ANGELS! Thank Heavens you can't REALLY see me blush!

[img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
dcwin is offline   Reply With Quote