Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2005, 11:50 PM   #1
Raffin
Dungeon Master

Okay...this is getting truly bizarre. I think my computer hates my right now. I had just finished getting the console to give me the bag of holding/wolfskin bag, and then I closed up the game, and reinstalled some of my favorite mods. Everything installed fine. After it finished, I closed the installer by hitting enter, and went to load IWD 1. Only, Windows can't find the program exe. I go looking, and, low and behold, somehow my computer deleted my entire Black Isle folder in program files.

Yes, that's IWD 1 and 2, BG 1 and 2, Tutu, mods, characters and all.

I'm just curious-has this happened to anyone else before?

-Raffin
Raffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 11:32 AM   #2
NobleNick
Quintesson

Raffin,

I was holding my tongue, waiting for a possible quality response from someone else. But, since no one else has commented...

No: I have not seen anything like this. A mod COULD wipe out all your IWD saves, though I wouldn't expect it to do so. But it seems beyond the pale of the plausible for it to take out your other game files. My guess is that you mistakenly did it yourself, someone else did it (mistakenly or not), your machine is harboring some malicious code (worm, virus, etc.), or (remote possibility) a faulty hard drive.

--------------------
What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party On!!
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 01:41 PM   #3
Raffin
Dungeon Master

Yeah, I *really* doubt it was the mod. It was very strange...that the entire folder for BlackIsle (including the other games) was deleted. I figure my computer had just had enough of my Icewind Dale habit for a day

Thankfully, IWD 1 is up and running fine now again, with all mods back on.

-Raffin
Raffin is offline   Reply With Quote