Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2005, 04:36 PM   #1
lost prophet
Drow Warrior

For the first time I found this ring (i just downloaded totlm and aurils bane) and have a query about its propities. in its description it says:

+1 to missle weapons

does that mean +1 damage & +1 THACO?

and also; this benefit wouldnt be gained by equipping a bow would it? i think its talking about the proficiency type not "missle weapons" as in the opposite to melee weapons.

cheers
Old 10-07-2005, 03:08 PM   #2
Grog
Dungeon Master

It says: "THACO: +1 to missile weapons". That means you have a +1 to hit with all missile weapons if you have the ring equiped
\"He who kneels before God can stand before anyone.” ~Anonymous <br /><br />\"You need to change how you look at it, when you can\'t change the it you\'re looking at.\" - Bishop T.D. Jakes <br /><br />[url]\"http://chosenofmystra.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=23\" target=\"_blank\">Auril\'s Bane</a> -- An IWD Mod
Grog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 07:04 AM   #3
lost prophet
Drow Warrior

I've just checked in game and all it says is +1 to missle weapons. I'm not doubting you but is there anyway that this could of happened?.
Old 10-08-2005, 01:00 PM   #4
Grog
Dungeon Master

This is the exact full description of the Ring of Perspicacity in the installer's setup file.

Quote:
This powerful ring heightens the perceptions and the thoughts of the wearer when worn. It grants the wearer enhanced deduction abilities, the knowledge of spell-casting (and how to thwart it), and also gives any missile attack greater range and damage.

STATISTICS:

Special:
+1 to Damage
+1 Save vs. Spells
+3 to Lore Skill
THAC0: +1 to Missile Weapons
Weight: 0
Usable By:
Mage
Cleric
Druid
Bard
[ 10-08-2005, 01:02 PM: Message edited by: Grog ]
\"He who kneels before God can stand before anyone.” ~Anonymous <br /><br />\"You need to change how you look at it, when you can\'t change the it you\'re looking at.\" - Bishop T.D. Jakes <br /><br />[url]\"http://chosenofmystra.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=23\" target=\"_blank\">Auril\'s Bane</a> -- An IWD Mod
Grog is offline   Reply With Quote