Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2004, 12:17 PM   #1
G3MM4
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi

I'm fairly new to IWD and wondered how to resurrect dead characters in my party. I did look in the manual quickly (I don't play much and don't have much time on my hands to read the whole manual) but didn't find what I was looking for. I did a search on this board but it didn't come up with what I was looking for. So I was hoping one of you guys could help me out with this please? Please be gentle! LOL.
Old 10-23-2004, 12:24 PM   #2
Blunderbuss
Zhentarim Guard

Firstly, WELCOME TO IRONWORKS!

To resurrect a fallen character you can:
1. If you have a cleric with any resurrection spells, use them.
2. Go to a nearby temple and buy a raise dead scroll.
3. There may be another way though I can't think of it.
4. Erm...prepare for a funeral....

you can create a new character at any time during IWD but any newly created characters will begin at L1.
Blunderbuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 12:34 PM   #3
G3MM4
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thank you.

Since I'm in the Orc Cave, looks like I'll have to go back to Easthaven to buy a Raise Dead scroll, my cleric doesn't have any resurrection spells yet and he's dead.

Does a Raise Dead scroll resurrect all dead characters or do I need to buy (for example) two Raise Dead scrolls if I have two characters dead?

[ 10-23-2004, 12:53 PM: Message edited by: G3MM4 ]
Old 10-23-2004, 04:04 PM   #4
Aerich
Lord Ao

Welcome to IW [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

Raise Dead and Resurrection both only have a single target. So you'd need two scrolls/spells for two dead characters.

Considering the amount of money you are likely to have in Easthaven and the cost of Raise Dead scrolls, I think you should look at the never-fail, cheap resurrection option: the reload.

Seriously, all (or the large majority) of us do this. Save before and after battles and areas, and you will be much happier. You also won't be able to afford many Raise Dead scrolls in the early part of the game, and it's more productive to spend your money on other things - mage spells, magical items, and armor.
Old 10-24-2004, 12:00 PM   #5
G3MM4
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi

Thanks. Yeah I figured that I would have to do that - save often. Bah! LOL. It's a pity it hasn't got a death/dying/resurrection system like NwN has.
Old 10-24-2004, 05:29 PM   #6
Soothsayer
Dungeon Master

There are more than one raise dead type spells, they sont all do exactly what you might expect. Ressurect and raise dead have different effects for example, so make sure youve read the description carefully.
Old 10-25-2004, 07:54 AM   #7
galdur
Dungeon Master

Instead of Ressurection use SAVE/LOAD. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Where you have seen it, cast ressurect in lowbie party? It is HIGH level priest spell, and only very experienced priests can cast that.
galdur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 02:32 PM   #8
NobleNick
Quintesson

G3MM4,

Yeah, you got off easy, only losing a character so early in the game. I will save you a repeat of the excellent advice from Aerich and Galdur, except to emphasize: use new and different game names at least every hour or so ("Easthaven_01, Easthaven_02, etc.); and immediately save to a new game name after entering a new area (you get the ""...LOADING..." screen), so that you may use the previous game name to re-randomized treasure, if needed.

Nice to have you on the boards.

--------------------
What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party On!!
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote