Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2002, 08:05 PM   #1
Vassili_Zaitsev
Dungeon Master

Im having a problem with the Nalia romance mod. No one else has this problem cause i asked around on the black isle forum and people were saying what happens after the point that im stuck on. But my problem is at one point during a quest to do with the romance, it goes into a cut sequence. Two guards and a noble are summoned during the cut sequence. I emailed the Arnel the guy who made the mod he said nalia is supposed to talk to the summoned noble. Nothing happens though, i left it running for half and hour when i came back it was still stuck in cut sequence mode, i couldnt move any of my characters, no one was talking. Nothing!!! Anyone know of how to fix a problem like this or similiar to it? I seem to be the only one who's had this problem with the mod. Please help me! The people on the black isle forum were just like "your suppoed to kill the guards" and they were like theres a nalia romance? cool! But no one posted anything that could help me! i'd really appreciate any help i could get. Thanks guys.

-Vassili
D-Loc to Johnny Richter\'s like ping to pong,<br />Ain\'t nothing wrong don\'t fix shit if it ain\'t broke,<br />We ain\'t no jokes, <br />you know the kings by the size of our tokes, <br />motherfuckers!<br /><br />Blaze All Day, Every Day,<br />Each Way, The Right Way,<br />My Way, Greenhay, We High,<br />Been There, Done That,<br />Big Blunts, Fat Sacks,<br />Hit It Fast, Make It Last,<br />First Class, We Blaze...<br /><br />Well yup I\'m still drunk with the humps in the trunk,<br />You hear the Kottonmouth Kings yellin\' out BUMP! BUMP!<br />I flew through a yellow then I ran a red,<br />Grabbed a bev saw a cop then hit the clutch and breath,<br />Knew I had to slow down so I smoked a bowl,<br />Picked up D-Loc and told him start to roll,<br />Freeway was packed so I paid the toll,<br />Four joints later my bus was fishbowled,
Vassili_Zaitsev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2002, 08:59 PM   #2
Ares

Um, i would try re-installing the mod to see if it helps...i really dont know though cuz i've never installed the Nalia Romance MOD...
Ares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2002, 02:14 AM   #3
Vassili_Zaitsev
Dungeon Master

bump
D-Loc to Johnny Richter\'s like ping to pong,<br />Ain\'t nothing wrong don\'t fix shit if it ain\'t broke,<br />We ain\'t no jokes, <br />you know the kings by the size of our tokes, <br />motherfuckers!<br /><br />Blaze All Day, Every Day,<br />Each Way, The Right Way,<br />My Way, Greenhay, We High,<br />Been There, Done That,<br />Big Blunts, Fat Sacks,<br />Hit It Fast, Make It Last,<br />First Class, We Blaze...<br /><br />Well yup I\'m still drunk with the humps in the trunk,<br />You hear the Kottonmouth Kings yellin\' out BUMP! BUMP!<br />I flew through a yellow then I ran a red,<br />Grabbed a bev saw a cop then hit the clutch and breath,<br />Knew I had to slow down so I smoked a bowl,<br />Picked up D-Loc and told him start to roll,<br />Freeway was packed so I paid the toll,<br />Four joints later my bus was fishbowled,
Old 01-06-2002, 02:21 PM   #4
Aurican
Elminster

I hate to have to say this to you, but why not restarting an earlier savegame? I know what you are saying now, I don't have an earlier savegame... Well, unfortunatly, as with all experiement, non-supported mods, things like this happen. The people at Black Isle aren't going to know what to do, try www.Teambg.com's forum. You might get a better response seeing that they all are mod guys and editors there. The sad thing is you are probably going to have to restart your game. Sorry man.
Aurican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2002, 04:37 PM   #5
Vassili_Zaitsev
Dungeon Master

i have 3 earlier saved games i loaded from those tried it and same problem. I asked around again on the black isle forum and people who have played it were saying that they havent had that problem or anything. Why does this shit gotta happen to me?? I am thinking about starting a new game but i just got through with bohdi's lair and killed the camps. End of chap 3. I never beat the game but this is like the 12th time im starting BG2 from begining again, mainly because i had darkest day installed then i had to replace it with nalia mod cause the 2 arn't compatible. So i had to start from new. And now again! im gonna have to start from new! arggh. Even Arnel doesn't know the problem and hes the guy who made the mod. Well the lead designer anyways. I emailed him again but got no reply.
Old 01-06-2002, 04:55 PM   #6
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

ahhh, i love names from movies!! heh, i would say try and reinstall the mod, maybe that would help. >shrugs<
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.rleeermey.com/images/linkbanners/usmcredwhiteblue.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Protector of Elves<br />Slayer of Orcs<br /><br />ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!!!<br />I DON\'T FIGHT FOR HONOR, I FIGHT TO WIN!<br />\"One who is a samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night...the fact that he has to die\". <br />-Daidoji Yuzan-<br />16th Century
Morgan_Corbesant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2002, 05:00 PM   #7
DJG
Symbol of Cyric

Pardon?
NALIA ROMANCE MOD?
NALIA ROMANCE MOD?
NAAAALLLLIIIIAAAAA!gggghhhhhh
(Drools out of wide open mouth)
MUST GET NALIA MODDY THING!

Politely:
Would it be possible for someone to give me a link to download this romance mod?
DJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2002, 05:09 PM   #8
Phantom of might and magic
Dungeon Master

lol DJG
ive accidently stubled across it yesterday (just like i did a thousand times before) and closed the window cos i had no time for it (- || -).
I could use it also pls
Old 01-06-2002, 05:43 PM   #9
Vassili_Zaitsev
Dungeon Master

i got the link right here. And btw u need ToB to play it. It uses some ToB graphics but u gotta start from SoA. Arnel posted the graphics file that u need under the downloads and he said it should work for people who have SoA only. That didint work apparently thats the real problem. I just bought ToB, i have the whole Baldurs Gate series!! heh. I plan on starting as crazy as it sounds, i plan on starting from BG1 going through TOTSC, then through BG2 SoA then through ToB. Right now though im gonna see how ToB is. And i tried the whole romace mod ting after i installed ToB and it works now the thing doesnt freeze up on me. Thats good. I figured it ou lol. Thanks for your help anyways guys. Gonna go try ToB. Later all.. heh almost forgot! heres the link. http://www.comtrade.ee/~arnel/nalia/index.htm REMINDER:you need ToB sure you could download that file he put up and use the mod with SoA only but u will probly come across the same problem i did. Thanks again guys

-Vassili