Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-03-2001, 04:14 PM   #1
madjim
The Magister

I just had the part where Jaheria wakes everybody up and Dermin attacks and we smoke him. Now Aerie and Jaheria won't walk more than a few steps with stopping. Their pics - on the right hand side of the screen are selected to move with the group. They are not over burdened with equipment and boots of speed/haste don't help. This is the second time this has happened. Anybody else have this?
Old 11-03-2001, 04:19 PM   #2
Desuma Malevois
Emerald Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by madjim:
I just had the part where Jaheria wakes everybody up and Dermin attacks and we smoke him. Now Aerie and Jaheria won't walk more than a few steps with stopping. Their pics - on the right hand side of the screen are selected to move with the group. They are not over burdened with equipment and boots of speed/haste don't help. This is the second time this has happened. Anybody else have this?

This hasn't happened to me, but I've heard of similar problems before. Try casting spells like 'Dispel Magic', 'Remove Curse', or 'Stone to Flesh' on them and see if that works.
Old 11-04-2001, 12:09 AM   #3
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Hmmm, there may be a current bug, but this used to be a problem back in the early days of BG2 when people were getting their hands on a patch from BG Dungeon that allowed you to have all the romances simultaneously. It worked okay for a while, then after a time, the female NPC's that you were involved in romances with would start freezing up like that and wouldn't move. The only solution was to remove the romance patch.
If you do not have that romance patch, then I am not sure what is wrong.
Old 11-04-2001, 11:32 PM   #4
madjim
The Magister

Oh boy, I think that must be it. I remember installing a patch like that. I wonder if I can just rip it out without crashing the whole thing? Or does someone know of a fix for that fix!?
Old 11-04-2001, 11:41 PM   #5
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Hi madjim. As far as I know, there was no fix available that could rectify the problem. The only solution was to remove the romance patch. Another problem that often occured once this problem takes place, and the patch is removed to rectify it is that all romances are irretreivably lost in that game and will not be reinitiated. So if you wanted a romance, you would actaully have to start over again. And some people even found that removing the patch alone would not correct the character motion freeze problem and would have to re-install BG2.
Old 11-06-2001, 07:25 AM   #6
madjim
The Magister

Well, I was desparate so I took out the patches and put one in from a Mr Kevy (?). the girls are moving again. Aerie is silent, but Jaheira still seems pretty frisky