Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 06-29-2001, 02:41 PM   #1
Eternalsaiyan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I want to trade either Jahiera or Aeire for Keldorn. I don't care about the romance stuff. who should I get rid of?

My Party:
Me-fighter/human
Minsc
Jaheira
Yoshimo-I'll probably sack him for Imoen later?
Aeire
Edwin
Old 06-29-2001, 02:44 PM   #2
Sigmar
Unicorn

Jahiera, you have enough cleric abilities with Aerie.

------------------
"So why should I worship you Tiax?"
"Well Sigmar, I am Tiax the chosen one of Cyric, destined to ascend, I shall rule all!"
"Do you know you have a duck on your head?"
"Duck what duck......ahhhhhhhh!"

Tiax, warmaster of clan HADB
Old 06-29-2001, 03:25 PM   #3
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Toss Jaheira, if you must. I use her abilities alot less than Aerie's, plus Aerie has everything that Jaheira does, and Mage abilities. Double your pleasure, double your fun...you know??

------------------

Devoted member of the Ironworks
Loyal guardian of the OHF
Member of the Ancients' club
Witness of the 4,000th post by Cloudposter
Currently engaged in the Throne of Bhaal expansion set
Old 06-29-2001, 05:53 PM   #4
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

I prefer Jaheira myself because im more of a fighting person and she has a more interesting personality.
Also, my favourite spell is insect plague.

------------------

Those who watch their backs meet death from the front- Dreamer128 paladin of the order of the holy flame.
Old 07-02-2001, 05:35 PM   #5
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Eternalsaiyan:
I want to trade either Jahiera or Aeire for Keldorn. I don't care about the romance stuff. who should I get rid of?

My Party:
Me-fighter/human
Minsc
Jaheira
Aeire
Edwin
Actually, the first step might be to get rid of Edwin. Your party is neutral and good, and Edwin is evil. This will eventually lead to conflicts within the group. You might want to replace him for Jan (thief and wizard both), then replace Yoshimo with Keldorn. This will keep a thief in your party, still keep 2 wizards (though both will be multiclassed; you seem to want to lean more towards warriors anyway), and you will still have both Aerie and Jaheira as healers (you will need 2 healers with that many warriors). Jaheira has some spells that neither Anomen nor Aerie have (fire elementals, insect plague, etc.), so you might want to keep her. Aerie is extremely useful as a spellcaster, so definitely keep her. Hope this helps!

------------------

Death is only the beginning...
Old 07-02-2001, 05:39 PM   #6
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

With that party I would dump Aerie, especially if you are going to get Imoen later (mage/thief). Aerie is a good cleric/mage, but with Edwin and later Imoen, you don't really need another mage. Like stated above, Jaheira has some cool spells that Aerie cannot get.

Also, if you don't mind having a good/evil mixed party, I would think about Viconia, she is a pretty good cleric!

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
Old 07-02-2001, 05:40 PM   #7
Eternalsaiyan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I know that Edwin will have conflicts but He's the best mage in the game and I want to keep him.He kicks a$$ The only reason I want Keldorn in my party is because I want to be able to use the sword that i get from Firkragg. I'm kind of leaning towards kicking Jahiera off my party. I just don't want to regret my decision later on in the game.
Old 07-03-2001, 06:12 AM   #8
joetbd
Manshoon

For my money, Aerie is just plain weak.
Old 07-03-2001, 08:51 AM   #9
Ravana
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Eternalsaiyan:

My Party:
Me-fighter/human
Minsc
Jaheira
Aeire
Edwin
I'd recommend dropping Edwin, as he tends to have conflicts with Minsc and Keldorn if they are in the same party. I know he is very good, but he is-for my money-out of place in a party that is predominantly good. You could supplant Keldorn for Edwin, and bring in Jan for Yoshimo ?? Then later replace Jan with Imoen when you get her.
If you are irrevocably attached to Edwin though, I'd drop Aerie as you are going to replace Yoshimo with Imoen-and two mages is more than adequate. Besides Jaheira is a better healer and a good support fighter.
Hmmmm, hope that helps and good luck in your game.

Old 07-03-2001, 03:15 PM   #10
bogart
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I got keldorn kind of late my first go thru for the same reason. I wanted to see how good he was with the Carsomyr +5 that you get from Firkragg. He was awesome to say the least. I threw on the belt of weapons expertise and he really rocked.

------------------
"Make way Villiany, Hero Coming through !"