Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 05-22-2001, 02:42 PM   #11
alxander1
Dungeon Master

Dispel does not seem to work that well. I have had Minsc, Jaheria, and Aerei attempt to dispel spells like domination/confusion - to no affect. How is it possible that some people on this post say it works great and others say it only works in certain situations ?
Old 05-22-2001, 03:04 PM   #12
Desuma_Malevois

Quote:
Originally posted by alxander1:
Dispel does not seem to work that well. I have had Minsc, Jaheria, and Aerei attempt to dispel spells like domination/confusion - to no affect. How is it possible that some people on this post say it works great and others say it only works in certain situations ?
A lot of it is based on the level of the person who cast the original spell vs. the level of the person casting the Dispel Magic spell (rangers like Minsc cast at 7 levels less than their real one!). Inquisitors like Keldorn are especially good at this because they can dispel at twice their level. Another option that usually works for me is to equip my bow firers with Arrows of Dispelling - it kinda hurts to shoot your own party member, but hey, it's better than getting whacked over the head with Crom Faeyr ! Just make sure you pause the game and retarget after their circles return to green. I'm not sure what level these arrows operate (does anyone out there know?), but if you want some....

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

you can buy or steal them in the bowyer's shop in Waukeen's Promenade, though they're very expensive.

Old 05-22-2001, 03:22 PM   #13
Gimlee
Elminster

if you are in an intense combat and don't want your intelligence drained charscter to leave the fight, lower restoration will put their int. back.

------------------

See the ravaging effects of smoke!
Old 05-22-2001, 03:38 PM   #14
Lord Shield

Quote:
Originally posted by alxander1:
It depends on the caster level of the dispel. It is 50% +/- 5% per level of difference from caster of target spell

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp