Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2000, 06:57 PM   #1
Lily the Ranger

I am relatively new to computer gaming . . . most of the games I have played keep you from losing vital items. I have discovered after playing this one and starting over twice that this one will allow you to totally fall on your face. I would appreciate suggestion on a "system" for saving. I originally would save present course of action, have second slot for disarming traps and a third for those moment of hesitation (kill scabban or give him a chance to finish his search for a cure). I have had some difficulties with finishing quests out of order which prevent me from achieving other quests, dropping items while in town (where they disappear into the same place lost socks go), and killing folks I should have talked to. Now, I didn't mind starting over the first time (I made some character changes); I was a little miffed the second time (some toad got stuck in the entrance to shinwiki domicile and couldn't be pushed, lured, or climbed over - so I did what any frustrated Ukabu would do and moved him . . . in little pieces . . . what shinwiki did to me was not pretty). Now, I find that attribute advancement slows to a crawl when you achieve role ascension but I'll live with a few mediocre characters. But if I don't find that fourth monkey at the coin slot place with 6 doors (now that I've acquired the info from this site) I'm gonna!!!! . . . have to start over again. I am getting better about improving my social skills and talk first before hacking but I don't yet have cure poison and healing while staring at that little skull emblem on my character is getting old . . . back to the temple we go (is it cheaper to by potions from the magic shoppe than to be healed?) Should I lug my hard won gold pieces back to the temple and donate? This game is kind of minimum wage but if it was too easy - well for $50 it ought to last a while anyway, right?

Thanks in advance.

Old 11-06-2000, 07:08 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

A system for saving - a very good subject!
My own system is to have one save which is just for right outside of the town gates. Home
I have the next slot for the quest I am on - CRYPT
I might save again on this quest if I get to a particularly strange spot/fight/puzzles CRYPT KERAH
Rarely I might even do another save within the same quest - CRYPT WIZorWAR PATHs
When I have completed the quest and I think I have done everything very nicely I reuse the first save - again just outside of town - HOME
As a rule, for this sort of game I keep 4 or 5 saves - one of which is always just outside of home base = the town. When I move on to new quests I will overwrite the oldest of the previous quest's save files.
Hope that gives you some ideas on how to organize your own saves.
Wyv
Old 11-06-2000, 09:32 PM   #3
tritone

As WW only allows 7 saves slots, I always make it a point to make a backup/copy of my entire save directory every time before I start a game. This way, if anything crops up, I can go further back than my current 7 saves.