Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 08-26-2001, 04:15 PM   #11
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Hello!

Sharpedge, the weather has been fantastic here all weekend. Had a nice bbq outside last night too!

Kaz.. er.. bunny-happy aren't you?! LOL Cute ones, though!

Jerome... do your homework! I used to do mine as soon as I got home, so I'd have a little time to myself before bed and not be frantically looking at doing the homework when I was tired. Yah, I know.. lawful good Cloudy.. even in High School! LOL

Mouse! Penitent? YOU?!! HAHAHAHAHA.. ROTFL!!! Ahem.. sorry, lost control there.. but penitent? OH hahahaha ...

Cloudy

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."

[This message has been edited by Cloudbringer (edited 08-26-2001).]
Old 08-26-2001, 04:23 PM   #12
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Hello!

Sharpedge, the weather has been fantastic here all weekend. Had a nice bbq outside last night too!

Kaz.. er.. bunny-happy aren't you?! LOL Cute ones, though!

Cloudy
As I said, take a look at the "Bunny!!!!!" thread. But don't read it all in one go like Sharpedge did, that could result in permanent brain damage aww school tomorrow I can't wait till autumn vacation - 2 weeks!!
I will have a barbecque outside tomorrow too can't wait...

------------------

I am the great Kazara
Old 08-26-2001, 04:31 PM   #13
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Hiya all....back from a little shopping I must have a high estrogen level, b/c I like shopping way too much...

**ducking now to avoid frying pans and other objects lobbed at my head**

Cloudy: nothing like a few friends over for BBQ, drinking, talking, and fun!

Kaz: You get autumn vacation already when did you start school?

I start Grad classes tommorrow. I must really be a glutton. Just finished my 1st Uni degree this spring and am already lining up for more punishment

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
I've got to admit it's getting better, it's getting better all the time
Old 08-26-2001, 04:34 PM   #14
Sharpedge
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by The Great Kazara:
But don't read it all in one go like Sharpedge did, that could result in permanent brain damage
You have no idea...

Seems to be the season for bbq's. A friend of mine is planning to have one on his farm next week.

Unfortunatley, mentioning the word 'barbeque' in this part of the world causes the sun to suddenly be blotted from the sky, and then the rain begins to pour. Fingers crossed for good weather next week!

No raindances from you Cloudy!

------------------
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.

Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure."
Old 08-26-2001, 04:41 PM   #15
Kaz

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharpedge:
You have no idea...

Seems to be the season for bbq's. A friend of mine is planning to have one on his farm next week.

Unfortunatley, mentioning the word 'barbeque' in this part of the world causes the sun to suddenly be blotted from the sky, and then the rain begins to pour. Fingers crossed for good weather next week!

No raindances from you Cloudy!
Thanks, Sharpedge! Take the bunny thread easy and in intervals, it's still continuing (gods and I'm helping, I must be insane). OK, this awful, hot, sticky and humid weather can continue for one day, and then... Raindances everyone! At least it's cooler at night.
*Kazara sits down into a big leather chair (as always) to sip her fennel tea. She occasionaly looks out the window to see how the bunny thread is continuing.*

------------------

I am the great Kazara
Old 08-26-2001, 04:47 PM   #16
Kaz

Quote:
Originally posted by Moridin:
Hiya all....back from a little shopping I must have a high estrogen level, b/c I like shopping way too much...

**ducking now to avoid frying pans and other objects lobbed at my head**

Cloudy: nothing like a few friends over for BBQ, drinking, talking, and fun!

Kaz: You get autumn vacation already when did you start school?

I start Grad classes tommorrow. I must really be a glutton. Just finished my 1st Uni degree this spring and am already lining up for more punishment
We don't get autumn vacation yet (sadly you can never have too much vacation ) but we started on August 8th. Next year we start July 27th!! Argh! I must be seriously addicted to this forum, I count every second in school as a second I could be having a good laugh on the forum!

------------------

I am the great Kazara
Old 08-26-2001, 04:49 PM   #17
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaz:
Thanks, Sharpedge! Take the bunny thread easy and in intervals, it's still continuing (gods and I'm helping, I must be insane). OK, this awful, hot, sticky and humid weather can continue for one day, and then... Raindances everyone! At least it's cooler at night.
*Kazara sits down into a big leather chair (as always) to sip her fennel tea. She occasionaly looks out the window to see how the bunny thread is continuing.*

There's still hope Kaz.... it just started to rain here and now I'm home alone in the middle of a huge thunderstorm
It should reach Germany soon with a bit of luck

BTW I've been meaning to ask: where did you learn to speak English? Your English is excellent!

------------------
Melusine, High Queen of Fluffies, Archbabe of the OHF, the LH,
the HADB and the SPAE(Society for the
Prevention of Acronym Extinction) &
Sultry Elflet

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art
Old 08-26-2001, 04:56 PM   #18
Kaz

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
There's still hope Kaz.... it just started to rain here and now I'm home alone in the middle of a huge thunderstorm
It should reach Germany soon with a bit of luck

BTW I've been meaning to ask: where did you learn to speak English? Your English is excellent!

My family moved to the US when I was five. I lived there for six years, so I can basically speak English as a native language. What's fun is taking English as a foreign language as school (it's not a voluntary subject) However, my spoken English has been dwindling because of lack of practice, so I want to go to the US again on exchange next year, most German students go away for part of or sometimes for the whole of 11th grade. I still have some friends where I lived (Guilford, CT) so I could stay with them or ask some friends of my dads if I want to stay with strangers... *sigh* so many possibilities

------------------

I am the great Kazara
Old 08-26-2001, 05:05 PM   #19
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaz:
My family moved to the US when I was five. I lived there for six years, so I can basically speak English as a native language. What's fun is taking English as a foreign language as school (it's not a voluntary subject) However, my spoken English has been dwindling because of lack of practice, so I want to go to the US again on exchange next year, most German students go away for part of or sometimes for the whole of 11th grade. I still have some friends where I lived (Guilford, CT) so I could stay with them or ask some friends of my dads if I want to stay with strangers... *sigh* so many possibilities

I figured it would be something like that...very impressive!
I wish I would have had a chance like that... my parents planned to raise me bilingual (my father is German, mother is Dutch), but they never did
Still speak German, but not near as well as I would have when taught from birth

EDIT: damn I really would like to know why my spelling is so way off lately

------------------
Melusine, High Queen of Fluffies, Archbabe of the OHF, the LH,
the HADB and the SPAE(Society for the
Prevention of Acronym Extinction) &
Sultry Elflet

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art

[This message has been edited by Melusine (edited 08-26-2001).]
Old 08-26-2001, 05:28 PM   #20
Kaz

Something I always considered weird... I have German/American citizenship (I was born in New York, but my family moved to Munich (Muenchen) when I was three months old), but I have always considered myself to be German, when I lived in the US AND now that I live in Germany. Anybody else who has double citizenship have this experience? Why, anyway?

------------------

I am the great Kazara