Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 04-07-2001, 08:53 AM   #11
Strahd Von Zarovich
Drow Warrior

no but still there are alot of thing that don't sit right. First there was 21 Russian diplomat expeled from the United-States for suposed espionage, the a submarine suddenly docks at a Japan harbor with no warning, Then the armericain pull out of the treaty of kyoto and there is that spyplane buisness ( I may haved missed afew other insident.)

They might be all un-realated insidents. but in realty if insidents like these countinue to happen one country it's gonna triger an insident of some kind.

We all know that when there is a treath to the States in usualy means the president will get re-elected.
Old 04-07-2001, 08:57 AM   #12
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

I am just saying china cannot win should it come to fight, thats all
Old 04-07-2001, 10:41 AM   #13
Strahd Von Zarovich
Drow Warrior

no but china represents a possible threat... even if the United States has a better army enghou douth exists in the average Joe's mind that China and Communisit are a possible threat.

The united States in a war would win againts China but China could still get in a couple of hard hits on americain targets. In a war againts China it's imperative that the United States get hit first since then iit could call opond it's allies to share the blunt of the blow. If the Americain would strike China first then all threaties are void and countries can do what ever they chose. But this is all a supposition. If it actualy happened who knows what exatly could happen.

In this conflict the thing is China caught the Americains with there pants down and they are gonna milk it. (but as it's been mention the States would have done the same, anyone remeber that little rascal Cuban kid nei? I'll avoid telling the name). Now we can all know that diplomacy will prevale but both sides are gonna milk this to there advantage. The Chinesse discovred this Americain plot withing there border and won and the President's P.R team are gonna make it look like Bush swam the pacific and single handedly save those solgiers.

so sit back wait utill one side gives and be prepared for a flood of 20/20 (and cheasy talk shows) reports on the threat of communist China and Boom breaking news flash -A dog with a puffy tail has been found craping on the president's lawn, It has been trialed for threason more at 11 pm news-- and there is a new flavor of the month everybody forgets China the world is againt at peace.
Old 04-07-2001, 11:02 AM   #14
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

hmmm,
this is only an opinion!! (so dont sue me)

i know that China and USA will be the two superpowers country in the future. however i think china will be able to become more powerful than USA (not now but in the future). in the past, China has been abused by foriegn countries for power and wealth. last (i dont know when) century (i think) the multinational countries of the world attacked China because China did not agree with thier kind of treaty. while China had more troops, martial arts defenitly could not win against the force of the gun and other technology therefore China lost against them. this forced China to bend to thier own kinds of treaty and not of China's. while this was in the past, China has suffered multiple abuses from other countries. Now that China has become quite influencial in the modern world, I "THINK" that china would not like history to repeat itself.

USA has somewhat become quite arrogant with thier superiority with the other countries. sometimes i think that USA only gives out oneway treaties that benefit only them. USA will certainly do what they want because they can AFFORD to do what they want. a classic example is what mentioned earlier by Strahd Von Zarovich, the usa forced japan to open thier borders by use of force for thier own interest. while US become arrogant they are still quite superior in the world today and other countries follow because they have no choice.

in the current problem today i totally agree with 250 simply because they are still to weak to fight back. and if "EVER" there will be a world war 3 then we will all be dead in an instant because of nuclear technology.

as for your discussion with Philippines (my country), the reason for these disputes is because China "claims" territory over some disputed areas when "officially" they are ours. i know that the country claims over 200 mile radious over the water and China still argues since they say its thier land since its historical or something..

as for the current problem with the airplane i find it kinda funny. imagine two planes bumpin each other when there is LOTS OF SPACE IN THE AIR ... and i dont know whose fault it is because US claims that they were flying in international waters or China says that they were flying over chinese waters... still two planes colliding in midair.. ... and how come both of them did not detect each other, i mean US said its a spyplane then im sure it has radar or something right?? so how come it didnt see any fighter jet heading straight for it...

------------------
Revived I Am to hunt this world... Banish ye evil or face my wrath...
Old 04-07-2001, 11:05 AM   #15
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Strahd Von Zarovich dude, i dont understand what you trying to say. threat threat, always threat. it is not about fight or battle or war. china cannot win because war is not an option, therefore it is not going to do it. it is doesnt matter how much army one has, or how many nuclear bombs one can launch. china would be no threat if american government dont stick his nose in east asia.

you just empty talk such as "US would win in a war against china." those assumptions should come with circumstances. without circumstances, just simply assume who is gonna win makes no sense. also, does it matter? is it such a good thing to celebrate that US army destroyed chinese army or chinese army destroyed us army?

let us pray there be no war

[This message has been edited by 250 (edited 04-07-2001).]
Old 04-07-2001, 11:11 AM   #16
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Harkoliar, i agree some of your post and disagree some as well.

anyway, just one thing to point out though, do you really think Philipine will shoot and kill two chinese fishmen if they have no authority permission? and who gave those permissions? and who had the guts to do it? if they have no support from a bigger nation, i think they would just swallow and give up the islands

the apparent for killing is China trying to claim ownership of disputed islands. but if you look into it, there is more cause than that.

Old 04-07-2001, 11:29 AM   #17
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Moni, welcome to the new forum

oops, i thought you are new, my bad...

welcome back, LOL

Old 04-07-2001, 11:37 AM   #18
Moni

I don't normally get into political discussions or religious ones either for that matter as I respect the fact that we all have different opinions and I would rather not lose the acquaintence of someone because they can't accept the fact that I am right

I would not say China could not win a war against the US...there are many ways for disabling a country and I say let's not entice them into trying.

I agree that "W" is a bit lacking in the intelligence dept. and I am amazed that the public looked the other way while he stole the election but then it just goes to show you how far reaching having power on the inside can be. Not to say that Gore would have been good for our country's security on a world-wide level but...well, that is another discussion entirely.

I would hope the US will accept the fact that they got caught spying and accept their military personnel being shipped home ahead of the boxed parts of their plane.

Restitution should be paid to China for the loss of their fighter esp since "W" was quoted as saying that the planes merely "bumped" in mid-air before making the emergency landing on Chinese territory. The complete loss of the Chinese fighter plane and its pilot suggest otherwise.

The US messed up...just because they are the world's "super-power" does not mean they have to make excuses, look the other way and blame the other guy. The Chinese gov't has the right to interrogate the crew and inspect the plane. The US also has the right to get them all back.

Praying that all will be resolved peacefully,
Moni

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 04-07-2001).]

Old 04-07-2001, 11:39 AM   #19
Moni

Thank you!

Old 04-07-2001, 11:50 AM   #20
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

well they were "supposidly illegal fisherman" and was destroying the natural environment... but thats what they say.. i dont believe everything what the new says anymore...

ps: but there are illegal fisherman who try to get away therefore prompting the Philippine Navy to shoot at them ... they have been "poaching" and fishing in the disputed area... even IN the PHilippine area..

------------------
Revived I Am to hunt this world... Banish ye evil or face my wrath...