Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-15-2001, 08:56 AM   #1
seth11
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Except kangaax, multiple snares strategically placed will kill about anything!
Old 11-15-2001, 11:50 AM   #2
Legolas
Jack Burton

But won't give you any experience so you'll get in trouble later on. And aren't a lot of fun to use.

Well, in my opinion that is. I never used trap setting, like I never used called shot for my archer (who was more than good enough without it [img]smile.gif[/img] )

Say NO to the Trouser Tyranny!
Old 11-15-2001, 11:52 AM   #3
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

You do get Xp from kills by traps.
Old 11-15-2001, 01:11 PM   #4
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

SPOILER
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
Yep, that's how I took out Samia's party in Windspear. I didn't realize how badly my party had been level drained by the vampires (Keldorn was only 3rd level) and Samia and her group kept killing me easily.

Finally, I remembered reading another Post that mentioned setting lots of traps. I had Yoshimo set as many as he could - then I rested the party and had him set all of his traps where the party appears again. That made things MUCH easier. The traps killed half of Samia's party (including the mage) before the fight even started. I took the key off Samia and then I didn't have to worry about them popping in on me when I was un-prepared.

BTW, is there ANY way to improve the "Set Snares" ability? I got the Mercykiller ring for Yoshimo. That helped a lot, but he still only has a 55% chance to succeed.
Old 11-15-2001, 01:17 PM   #5
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

You improve your Set Trap ability the same way as any of your abilities, put skill points into it whenever you level up.
Old 11-15-2001, 10:15 PM   #6
Seid
Manshoon

If you have ToB, Inproved Alacricity and 5 Dragon's breath will kill Anything.
Old 11-15-2001, 10:31 PM   #7
Barloc
Zhentarim Guard

quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
You improve your Set Trap ability the same way as any of your abilities, put skill points into it whenever you level up.

yea, had that problem too, didnt know i could scroll down
Old 11-16-2001, 01:11 AM   #8
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

when you level up, look to the right of your thief abilities. there will be a scroll bar, just scroll down, and you can put points into set traps. i ALWAYS put it to 100% when i start out with a thief character. traps have saved my ass MANY a time. just set em, and lure the poor dumb bastard into them.
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.rleeermey.com/images/linkbanners/usmcredwhiteblue.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Protector of Elves<br />Slayer of Orcs<br /><br />ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!!!<br />I DON\'T FIGHT FOR HONOR, I FIGHT TO WIN!<br />\"One who is a samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night...the fact that he has to die\". <br />-Daidoji Yuzan-<br />16th Century
Old 11-16-2001, 04:11 AM   #9
Anarion

i got yoshimo but he cant seem to set traps at all- he fails every time

Old 11-16-2001, 04:21 AM   #10
Whailor

Raise Yoshi's trap skill, by default it's pretty low..

And traps are nice. Since I have played through BG2 before, I generally know where something will spawn or pop out. I.e. take the liches who guard the Kangaxx bones - set traps up, few of them, then open the sarcophagus, guy spawns and before it even manages to tell me anything - kaboom! Already adamaged a bunch heh.. Makes spanking them so easy.

Perhaps I should make my next char as a rogue too, with high Hide inf Shaodws, Set Traps, Pick Pocket.. All the goodies heh..