Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-12-2000, 12:19 AM   #1
Mick

Hey.
Righto, next thing you need to do is visit the sewers and find the area where the former worshippers of the eye god are holed up. You need to do the eyeless cult quest to get access. There will be another coffin with another Lich and a set of limbs. Take the limbs and torso to the docks area. Next to the tavern on the right is an unmarked house. Inside and down the stairs is yet another coffin... Open it and Kangaxx will ask you for his body parts. Restore him and he'll attack. WARNING!!! When you defeat this lich he simply transforms into a superpowerful foe that starts casting imprisonment spells. So as soon as he transforms run away and send summoned creatures towards him. Youll need a stack of freedom scrolls to keep freeing the creatures. The reward is a powerful ring with regeneration, AC+2 and immunity properties.

Old 11-12-2000, 12:45 AM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

SPOILER>>>>>>>>>>>>
Don't need all the freedom scrolls. And if you are playing honest, where would you get all them anyway? You would need at least 5. Just use protection from magic or protection from evil on your strongest fighter with at least a +4 weapon, cast it on them when Kangaxx turns into the demilich, and it's just some old fashioned hack and slash.
Old 11-12-2000, 12:51 AM   #3
Tara

I humbly thank all that answered! can't wait to give this a try!

Old 11-12-2000, 10:47 AM   #4
Tara

I stumbled across an elemental lich in the bridge district quite by accident- killed him- tough battle!- Anyhow the only thing I got was this golden rib cage from his body- so there must be something to do with this, but I can't find it. He mentioned a name- that I think started with an "L" before I kicked his butt (he he)- but I didn't write it down and now I've forgotten. Can someone please tell me what to do with this? Thanks!

Old 11-12-2000, 08:50 PM   #5
Suul-Yinn

Tara just replied to similar thread for Golden Torso post, you might want to try that solution as it is easier and quicker although Memnoch's is more bloody/fun. I don't understand why 100% magic resistance doesn't prevent your character being imprisoned (Holy Sword Carsomyr and potion) and protection from evil does? Didn't try that Memnoch as I used up the only group one I had saved earlier, against the first manifestation, but I did try every other form of protective spell duh!

Old 11-13-2000, 01:34 AM   #6
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Aaaahh! My bad!
Suul Yiin, I was typing that out at 4:30 on a Sunday morning after a night out so I stupidly said Protection from Evil. I meant Protection from Undead. I hope i didn't contribute to any deaths ...
Old 11-13-2000, 03:26 AM   #7
Armisael

I used Protection from Magic, myself. The problem then was that I didn't have any +4 weapons. I had to scarper and come back later with the Warblade +4, which did 2 damage to him with each stroke. Oh, and 3 on a critical.

Old 11-13-2000, 05:52 PM   #8
Suul-Yinn

Duh, guess who forgot to use those scrolls he's been keeping for a special occasion... Oh well I didn't mind playing until 2.30am and casting every protective spell in my party's reportoire just to find none of them helped! Thanks for the advice but I finally did it using mass invisibility and petrification.