Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 03-19-2002, 06:29 AM   #1
Xenturi
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well for starters I am playing a NE Fighter/mage/thief(assassin "shadow keeper"). In the party I have: Me,Viconia,Jaheira,Korgan,Edwin and Haer'daris. Yes this is your all round evil party hehe.
XP: about 3mill each (main character 6mill).
Chapter: Before the Asylum.

MAJOR SPOILERS

Now I have run into a few problems:

first one: I now have a thief guild and d'arns hold but I was not given the Planer sphere??

Second: I can't chose 10th level spells for my mage,how come??

Third: I would like to go to trademeet but it's not on my map, now I know only one way to get it on the map, and that would be to act nice to the halfling mazzy in the Shadowdragons lair but hence I am evil that didn't happon. Are there other ways??

Fourth: Why can't you backstab with Celestial fury??, since I can backstab with it when using the special ability (for thiefs).

Fift: After (almost) completing Watchers keep. I am at the gate to big D, I dear not face the Demon Prince before after the Asylum. I found that I had to load a few times because Jaheira died very often. And it says:
Jaheira: Charisma Modified
Jaheira: Dead
And when I look after I load I see Charisma is on 1 or 3. So I use Shadow keeper and gets it back to 15. An hour later the same thing happons??
Both times was in the Crazy Wizard area in WK. I assume it has something to do with the wild magic in the previus level, but since it has happond twice I wonder What the F**k is wrong?????
I am romancing her but I doubt that that has anything to do with it!!

Some of these things might be the Shadow keeper, But all I have used it for was getting the assassin kit for my main character and modifeing Jaheiras charisma.

Regards Xenturi

PS: did you guys know how cool the use anything thief ability is? I'm Planing on having my main running around with the longsword version of Carsomyr when I find it, and Haer'daris is already running around with the real Carsomyr. Thats by the way an easy way to kill Kangax if you happon to kill that idiot paladin in the sewers, I just had my main bang him with it. Kinda ironic a NE guy using carsomyr. So now with the help of picking a pocket Me and Jaheira has his legendary ring as a symbol of our passion. I did this with Viconia too, in my last game.
Xenturi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 07:03 AM   #2
Faceman
Hathor

Quote:
first one: I now have a thief guild and d'arns hold but I was not given the Planer sphere??
Actually you are only ment to get one stronghold. But some people (like Nalia or Lavok) don't check if you already have one and therefore offer you another. I assume that you refused to take Lavok to the light (as you are evil). This will result in a proper check and deny you the sphere.

Quote:
10th level spells are only special 9th level spells, that you can't read or scribe from scrolls but have to learn via you high level abilities (coming with each level up after lvl 20)

Quote:

Third: I would like to go to trademeet but it's not on my map, now I know only one way to get it on the map, and that would be to act nice to the halfling mazzy in the Shadowdragons lair but hence I am evil that didn't happon. Are there other ways??
Yes, there is a fellow in the city gates district who asks for help with the Trademeet troubles. You also get the position from Roger the Fence when doing the Limited Wish quest.

Quote:
fourth: Why can't you backstab with Celestial fury??, since I can backstab with it when using the special ability (for thiefs).
AFAIK backstabbing with katanas IS possible, therefore CF should be an appropriate backstab weapon. However I would rather use Angurdaval (WK)
Old 03-19-2002, 07:15 AM   #3
J'aran
Mephistopheles

Quote:
Originally posted by Faceman:
quote:
10th level spells are only special 9th level spells, that you can't read or scribe from scrolls but have to learn via you high level abilities (coming with each level up after lvl 20)[/QUOTE]The reason you can't get them with a Fighter/Mage/Thief is that in that particular multiclass the level cap is so low, that the character will never get the ability to cast 9th level spells, and so would have no use for 10th level spells (that are cast as 9th level) whatsoever.
J'aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 07:27 AM   #4
Xenturi
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks though I regret that only the third answer was useful, (Roger is the one from the sewer right?).

But just to shed some more light on the first and second question:
1st: I did take lavok outside but no dialog about taking over or a reason for not taking over was made? Strange, It might be the fact that i'm evil. But The last one I played had both d'arns hold and the planer sphere.
2nd: You start getting your 10th level, quest level and thief abilities when the characters TOTAL XP exceeds 3mill, and since I am 6mill I think I have about 10-15 abilities you get one each time you level up, imagine how often this happons with a fighter/mage/thief. But again I can't chose the 10th level ones, only the fighter and thief abilities.

Now my own conclusion would be the Mage class has been forgotten: no strong hold no 10th level spells, does anyone know why?????????????
Old 03-19-2002, 07:33 AM   #5
Xenturi
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Faceman:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10th level spells are only special 9th level spells, that you can't read or scribe from scrolls but have to learn via you high level abilities (coming with each level up after lvl 20)

The reason you can't get them with a Fighter/Mage/Thief is that in that particular multiclass the level cap is so low, that the character will never get the ability to cast 9th level spells, and so would have no use for 10th level spells (that are cast as 9th level) whatsoever.
Well what about the bonus 6th, 7th and 8th spells why can't I get them then???

PS: for my last cheat I am planning on using XP Cap remover, I imperted him from my last game thats why he has 3mill more then the rest

oh yeah and if this quote comes out wird it's because it's my first one.
Old 03-20-2002, 08:47 AM   #6
Jim
Quintesson

Backstabbing with Celestial Fury is possible as that is the current weapon my assassin uses and she indeed can backstab at x7.

F/M/T only get to choose from the fighters and thieves pool i'm afraid so no bonus spells/spell slots. The reason for this is what J'aran said, you will not reach a high enough natural level to cast 9th level spells, and even with an xpcap remover, the HLA for a mage will never be selectable because of the way the game has been programmed.

As for Jaherias Charisma dropping, the only thing that springs to mind is to make sure she's not wielding the Rod of Terror (quarter staff +3), as each swing has a 20% chance of losing one point of charisma permamently

[ 03-20-2002, 08:49 AM: Message edited by: Jim ]
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote