Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 09-10-2001, 04:41 PM   #1
steve
Elite Waterdeep Guard

listen folks-is it me or after completing bd1 start bd2 get to chapter 2 and do certain sub quests i/e circus and then the slavers-keeping in mind i have a bunch of poor characters that really are poor-slavers took a while-strategy was needed for this mission-however me being me decided to do the helm quest-which is the eye of the beholders quest i think-however this quest is very very very tough-im gettin beated all the time-now the stage i have got up to, is down the pit and into belly i think where all sorts of creatures are waiting to beat me blind priests etc- i cannot go any further and i have located the beholder-but again kicks my ****-to dam difficult-should i been doin this quest at this stage-i dont want to give up but i have come so far into this mission-i cannot get out of the place im in to reach the surface-so really im stuck-any suggestions folks-sorry for the ramblings
Old 09-10-2001, 06:03 PM   #2
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

You cant get out? You should be able too I think. Never had that problem...anyway do you have the artifact to beat the beholder? Gives more info and we'll try our best to help! And yes that a tough quest, what level are you?
Old 09-10-2001, 06:11 PM   #3
steve
Elite Waterdeep Guard

MMMM WELL IVE ONLY INC 1 LEVEL SINCE STARTING THE GAME WITH MY MAIN CHAR-I DO HAVE THE ARTIFACT AND HAVE KILLED A SHADOW LICHE TO GET GOLDEN ARMS AND LEGS STATUE-KILLED THE BEAST IN TEMPLE BY HEALING HIM AND HAVE MADE MY WAY ALL THE WAY TO THE INSIDES OF A STOMACH SO IT LOOKS LIKE ANYWAY-I HAVE MOVED ONTO ANOTHER SAVED GAME AT PRESENT-I FEEL ITS FAR TO DIFFICULT WITH MY LEVEL OF CHARS-BUT ANY ADVICE AS I HAVE GOT TO THAT STAGE WOULD BE APPRECIATED-ALSO WHATS THE BEST WAY TO KILL THEM FLOATING EYEBALLS THAT HIT U WITH A WHITEBLADE OR SO IT LOOKS LIKE-I FIND TO HOLD THEM(WHEN IT WORKS AND THEN GET MINSC TO KILL HIM-THX FOR REPLYING
Old 09-10-2001, 11:14 PM   #4
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

Did you go downstairs from the room where you fought the shadow lich? You should have gotten to a temple and found half an artifact rod (after some pretty tought battles against some eye tyrants). Then you should go to the bottom rightmost corner of the "inside-stomach map" as you call it and you'll find the other part of the rod there. You can then use it to defeat the Unseeing Eye. The battle will be VERY VERY difficult if you don't have this.

If you're having trouble beating the normal beholders, then maybe you need to try this again after you advance a few levels. There's an exit to the surface in the bottom middle of that "inside-stomach map".

------------------
Old 09-11-2001, 06:12 AM   #5
Mirac Honorguard
Red Wizard of Thay

First of all, welcome to the board
Uhm, you killed the Lich (for the golden arms en legs)and you find the Beholder difficult??????? Beholders have a weakness for good fighters . Try minsc his rage, protects you from some charm spells. Lots of physical damage you need to kill those, but you have to do it quick. Also an item that reflects spells (or the spell : spellturning). The big cheese (the eye itself) is easily beaten when you use the rod on it, if it doesnt get down still, get minsc to work it
Hope this helps.

------------------
There's something in your eyes, ah no, I see now, it's the reflection of my deadly gaze - Mirac Honorguard
(Necromancer)
Old 09-11-2001, 11:13 AM   #6
Vampire

Hiya (Imoen's voice).
No one is rubbish. Good tactics come with XP and hours of no sleep
Play Ice Wind Dale to wind up some battle experience for yourself.

------------------
Old 09-11-2001, 02:44 PM   #7
Amergin
Zhentarim Guard

fyi, the unseen eye quest is easily one of the tougher quests in the game (barring that stupid shield). go do trademeet and umar hills first.
Old 09-11-2001, 03:12 PM   #8
dulouz
Manshoon

ah.. those blind preists took a beating from my 11th level cleric. anyway, i had Jan cast invisibility on me. Then i cast Blade Barrier. walked right into the middle of the blind preists in the boholder lair area. didn't attack, just let the blade barrier deal out 30+ points of damage to each of them at a time.

this technique is highly specialized to a cleric though.
Old 09-11-2001, 07:51 PM   #9
Gwhanos, Lord Of Evil

If beholders are gettin yez down, then simply dl the patch for the merchantd (or call it in via cluaconsole) then those 9 eyed nasties are gonna wish they had safety goggles on! Or, just use chaotic Commands, and resist fear.

------------------

All your base are belong to us! How Are you gentlemen?

The Spaminyte Emperor
Fish?
Welcome to your doom!!!
Official villain/demon of IW!