Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 04-02-2005, 10:59 PM   #11
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

That's how it starts! You start answering one question, then another... and pretty soon, you're a regular [img]smile.gif[/img]

On my game, I remapped the left- and right-arrow keys to be turn left and right, respectively. That way, with a little stretch of my pinky finger I can control all movement with my left hand, leaving my right for the mouse (and attacking, as needed). That strafe left/right stuff is useful, but not all the time [img]smile.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 11:45 PM   #12
DinkumThinkum
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
That's how it starts! You start answering one question, then another... and pretty soon, you're a regular [img]smile.gif[/img]
Been there, done that, many many times over the years.

In case I've given a false impression: I'm new to this web site and to Wizards & Warriors. I am not new to CRPGs, online gaming discussions, etc. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
On my game, I remapped the left- and right-arrow keys to be turn left and right, respectively. That way, with a little stretch of my pinky finger I can control all movement with my left hand, leaving my right for the mouse (and attacking, as needed). That strafe left/right stuff is useful, but not all the time [img]smile.gif[/img]
What I do is use a USB numeric keypad: it sits at the left side of my keyboard, and my left hand uses that while my right hand uses the trackball. Hitting the keys on the added keypad is exactly the same as using the ones on the built-in keypad, and I haven't run into any problems using it with games.

I haven't remapped any keys yet; want to spend more time getting used to the game before I decide what (if any) rearranging I might want to do. So far, the defaults seem to be working OK for me.
Morrowind modder resources:<br /><br />PotionSaver script for Companions and other NPCs<br /><br />Teleport disable/trap and banishment scripts<br /><br />Morrowind mod:<br /><br />Unarmored Corrector V01 (for players)<br /><br />All on [url]\"http://lovkullen.net/Emma/Resources.html\" target=\"_blank\">Emma\'s web site</a>.
DinkumThinkum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 09:42 PM   #13
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

A smarter person than I, to be sure... I'd never thought about getting another keypad.

And I recognized you as being new to this site... it's a pleasure having more seasoned CRPG vets around. We can all sit around the Boogre Bar and reminisce about the old days, when games were GAMES, plots were good, and bugs were nonexistent...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 12:20 AM   #14
DinkumThinkum
Dungeon Master

I don't think I'm smarter: I spent years playing games with my right hand on the trackball and my left hand twisted around to get at the cursor keys at the right side of the keyboard.

At one point I tried one of those fancy trackballs with a lot of extra buttons, but we didn't get along; that's probably still sitting in my closet.

Now that I have the extra keypad, I wish I'd bought one years ago; it's really worked out great. Wasn't a budget breaker, either; $30-something (U.S.), and I think it's paid for itself in reducing the wear and tear on my left wrist from the contortions I used to go through. [img]smile.gif[/img]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

As far as the good old days, if you remember the days when 'bugs were nonexistent', you must have grown up in a different universe from this one...
Morrowind modder resources:<br /><br />PotionSaver script for Companions and other NPCs<br /><br />Teleport disable/trap and banishment scripts<br /><br />Morrowind mod:<br /><br />Unarmored Corrector V01 (for players)<br /><br />All on [url]\"http://lovkullen.net/Emma/Resources.html\" target=\"_blank\">Emma\'s web site</a>.
Old 04-06-2005, 02:38 AM   #15
DinkumThinkum
Dungeon Master

In case it helps anybody else out, here's how I did the Wizard's path through the fire pits:

(At first, I fumbled around and didn't get anywhere until I looked at a web site and realized that I kept resetting everything by going through the healing fire in the middle.)

First, if you've been experimenting and aren't sure what you've done: go through the central fire pit to reset the puzzle, then head back to the entrance area.

(Good time to save the game.)

From the entrance area, I aimed diagonally left and ran through two fire pits into the left-hand alcove.

Flipped the lever, healed my party, (fought some bats), waited for mana to recharge, then ran diagonally back to the entrance again.

After I'd healed and recharged (and fought more bats), I ran diagonally to the right hand alcove. Flipped that lever, then healed and recharged (and fought some more bats).

From the right-hand alcove, I ran diagonally to the right to the exit. The grate got out of the way, and I was past the fire pits.

[ 04-06-2005, 02:40 AM: Message edited by: DinkumThinkum ]
Old 04-07-2005, 10:16 PM   #16
fiffa46
Elite Waterdeep Guard

oh, I changed the key comands but I didn't notice run. W for forwards, S for backwards, A for straff left, and D for straff right. I forgot what I sent everything else at LOL. Yeah I've no idea where my manual or anything is as I never bother to read them. I don't know why, but I have never read the manual to any of the games that I own. I just start playing and figure things out as I go. I just didn't realize you COULD move faster lol.
fiffa46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 02:42 AM   #17
aleph_null1
Red Wizard of Thay

Welcome, fiffa46 (since 1st sighting for me, at least)

There are several screens of keys -- you've to click the arrow to see other key options.

I do W for run, S backwards, A & D left & right strafe. Then I make the right mouse button forwards, so I can run constantly & full mobility without moving any fingers from their spots ...
aleph_null1 is offline   Reply With Quote