Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-11-2001, 12:37 PM   #331
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

I work in D.C., we all got sent home about 3 hours ago, just got home now. Traffic is insane to say the least. I think I saw that plane that hit the Pentagon seconds before it crashed, noticed it was flying low, but didn't really think of it. People in traffic on my way home were freaking and crouching beside their cars looking at the skies as rumors of a plane flying nearby were on the radio (all airports have been shut down). I am hoping it is just the military. Again, Washington metropolitan area right now is in total pandemoneum, I've never seen anything like it before. All I know is I hope this is all over now, and there are no more attacks still on the horizon

------------------
Old 09-11-2001, 12:39 PM   #332
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Blade:
Dear god take pity on us this day
Let not the power of the US be provoked
It can only lead to the death of nations
And the end of a peacefull era
It will lead to death and distruction
Yes indeed! I agree fully! What a wonderful way to begin the new millenium! *sudden thought* Maybe the terrorists planned the attack to begin during the year 2000, at the beginning of the new millenium. However, they weren't ready so they postponed it. It's possible

------------------

Kazara

Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe
Old 09-11-2001, 12:40 PM   #333
Blade
Emerald Dragon

I have heard that the US military is on highest aleart and might start stepping up to a military attack.

------------------

All blades cut, be they made from metal or wood, but the sharpest and deadliest blade is the one of knowledge.

An Archmage of the HADB
Old 09-11-2001, 12:40 PM   #334
trux

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
I work in D.C., we all got sent home about 3 hours ago, just got home now. Traffic is insane to say the least. I think I saw that plane that hit the Pentagon seconds before it crashed, noticed it was flying low, but didn't really think of it. People in traffic on my way home were freaking and crouching beside their cars looking at the skies as rumors of a plane flying nearby were on the radio (all airports have been shut down). I am hoping it is just the military. Again, Washington metropolitan area right now is in total pandemoneum, I've never seen anything like it before. All I know is I hope this is all over now, and there are no more attacks still on the horizon

Zekke, are all the businesses closing down, or just some of them? also, any word on what's going on with the police force? my father is a policeman.

------------------
a bunch of long hairs.
trux
Old 09-11-2001, 12:41 PM   #335
Vampire

Quote:
Originally posted by Blade:
Dear god take pity on us this day
Let not the power of the US be provoked
It can only lead to the death of nations
And the end of a peacefull era
It will lead to death and distruction

With Bush, anything but peace is a possibility

------------------
Old 09-11-2001, 12:41 PM   #336
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I just can't imagine that the Palestinians would be a party to this, surely they know that this is not the same as suicide bombings in Israel, because it's being perpetrated on foreign soil, and will only strengthen America's resolve and if anything will put them firmly behind the side of Israel. It doesn't make sense, but then again none of this makes sense.

------------------
Old 09-11-2001, 12:42 PM   #337
Blade
Emerald Dragon

Time to change threads this one is over 330 posts long which if i remember makes it unstable.

------------------

All blades cut, be they made from metal or wood, but the sharpest and deadliest blade is the one of knowledge.

An Archmage of the HADB
Old 09-11-2001, 12:44 PM   #338
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I'm not sure I just remember Ziroc saying that this thread and all others with this subject would be allowed to go beyond 300 posts.

------------------

Kazara

Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe
Old 09-11-2001, 12:46 PM   #339
Vampire

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
I just can't imagine that the Palestinians would be a party to this, surely they know that this is not the same as suicide bombings in Israel, because it's being perpetrated on foreign soil, and will only strengthen America's resolve and if anything will put them firmly behind the side of Israel. It doesn't make sense, but then again none of this makes sense.

Surely you've seen the Palestanians cheering at the death of Jewish children. This is no different.

------------------
Old 09-11-2001, 12:46 PM   #340
machinehead
Drizzt Do'Urden

The Taliban (Afghanistan) have a news conference thats supposed to start at 1:00. thats the country that has been sheltering that Ben-Laden terrorist.