Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2003, 07:51 AM   #1
wellard
Dracolisk

Sunday approaches and with it the day of reckoning. Will those young Sydney swans, a rag tag team of hopefuls tipped by many to finish at the bottom of the Aussie rules league this year overcome the evil hardened champions from the north, the Brisbane lions?

Can the Aboriginal playmakers of Sydney, angel Goodes and saint O’Loughlin overcome the wicked titans of Queensland, the dastardly Akermanis and devious Lynch?

Will Davros choke up his money or will Wellard ride into the sunset to hide. These questions will soon be Answered. Stay tuned

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 08-15-2003, 08:23 AM   #2
Donut
Jack Burton

is this some form of sporting encounter?
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 08-15-2003, 08:50 AM   #3
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
I would put money on it being a game Davros may think its just a walk in the park though

Old 08-15-2003, 09:19 AM   #4
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
More of a sporting execution really - but I look forward to picking up Wellard's 20 that he is about to owe me [img]smile.gif[/img] .
Old 08-16-2003, 01:21 AM   #5
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
More of a sporting execution really - but I look forward to picking up Wellard's 20 that he is about to owe me [img]smile.gif[/img] .
"tell him he's dreaming son"

Only 24 hours now before the result, are you getting excited? uh?

Old 08-18-2003, 06:59 PM   #6
wellard
Dracolisk

Light Bulb

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
Cheer Cheer the red and the white
honour the name by day and by night....

What we need is a smug smilie [img]graemlins/showoff.gif[/img] <----- but till then this will do

Old 08-18-2003, 07:39 PM   #7
wellard
Dracolisk

The Sydney Swans have upset the Brisbane Lions, snatched a top-four spot and seriously jeopardised the reigning premiers’ September chances after scoring a thrilling 14-point win at the Gabba on Sunday.

Powerful forward Barry Hall was the match-winner for the visiting side after kicking five goals in what was a crucial match for both clubs, which were placed fourth and sixth before round 20.

Sydney joins Adelaide and Collingwood on 52 premiership points and sits in fourth position on the table, while the Lions slip out of the top four after the 14.6 (90) to 10.16 (76) defeat.

It was a great game Davros, I thought our fitness won through in the end. That and dastardly Akermanis urging our team on. That guy can be a great player but sometimes he is just an idiot.

Old 08-19-2003, 07:39 AM   #8
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Not exactly how would have described the game Wellard - I would have been more along the lines of :

10 mins into the 3rd quarter, with a 21 point lead, and being the dominant side in all facets of play, the Lions contrived through a massive spate of inaccuracy to gift the Sydney Swans with the vital 4 points. From that 10 minute mark, scoring shots were 10 apiece for both the visitors and the home side. Where the Swans converted uncannily kicking 9 goals and a single behind, the wasteful Lions couldn't hit the side of a barn in totalling 2 goals eight.

This game marks the 2nd time that Sydney has beaten the reigning premiers this year, with these 2 games being numbers 1 and 2 in the accuracy stakes for the entire Swans season. In two matches this year the Swans have managed 41 scoring shots to the Brisbane Lions 56. A massive 25% advantage to the twice beaten Lions.

What do you think - could I have made a living as a sports journo [img]smile.gif[/img]

Need a postal address so I can forward you the 20 buddy [img]smile.gif[/img] - you lucky lucky lucky sod .