Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2004, 01:33 PM   #21
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Thanks for the prayers, Bahamut!

Sarah, I know, I am trying to de-stress and just prioritize what really needs doing because I know I need to take it easy or I'll explode or get sick [img]smile.gif[/img] I suspect one reason Jim got sick is his system has been stressed out over getting his job made permanent (then a promotion onto a major project) and of course all the wedding things he's been helping with and my meltdowns....sigh

Yes, it does help! I told him all of you were sending your get well wishes and he sounded glad to hear it!
Old 04-16-2004, 01:45 PM   #22
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Sorry to hear this Cloudy! The good news is that injected antibiotics generally knock out the nasty bacteria in 48 hours or less. Pnumonia can be a sign of a weakened immune system from another illness/infection, stress horomones, poor nutrition, drugs, allergies, etc. Make sure you guys are eating enough of the right stuff and taking your vitamins. Enough protein and Vit. C is very important to the immune system.
Old 04-16-2004, 02:01 PM   #23
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Sorry to hear that Cloudy. I hope he recovers soon.

Lack of Sleep can weaken an immune system as well. Cloudy I know you are probably stressed but try to get lots of rest, and continue to eat right (as many people don't eat when they are upset). Just in case its contagious you don't want to be caught with a weak immune system. Don't forget to continue to take care of yourself as well.
Old 04-16-2004, 02:05 PM   #24
The Fallen One
Elminster

Hope he gets well soon. Best of luck to you and Nacht and wishing a speedy recovery.
Old 04-16-2004, 02:12 PM   #25
Jaradu
Silver Dragon

Bloody Pingu Champion
I'm sorry to hear that, Cloudy . I wish Nacht a quick and easy recovery, and my thoughts are with you. Good luck to both of you...
Old 04-16-2004, 02:15 PM   #26
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

Sorry to hear Amber wish him all the best for a speedy recovery.
Old 04-16-2004, 02:32 PM   #27
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

I can't tell you how much it helps to hear from you. I've been having a hard time concentrating and Jim (Nacht) called a little while ago to say his own doctor called to check up on him. Jim saw another doctor yesterday who told his regular one that Jim is very sick.

Part of me thinks it is great that his doctor cares enough to followup and part of me is a bit more scared that he felt he needed to!

Ok, I'm getting more worried...somebody tell me I don't need to! Dang...I have to get through work and then an appt and THEN I can get home to check on him. This has been the longest two days I've gone through in a while, I'll say that!

Thanks for the advice - I will try to get rest, eat better and take vitamins over then next few weeks.

I plan to sit and prioritze my wedding preparations that are left and just tackle what I can. The rest will just have to go by the boards... sometimes things like this are good reminders of what's important and as a friend reminded me yesterday, the ribbons and bows and such aren't the big things...it's the fact we're actually marrying that matters most. And he's right...now all I truly care about is seeing Jim get well!
Old 04-16-2004, 02:38 PM   #28
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:

I plan to sit and prioritze my wedding preparations that are left and just tackle what I can. The rest will just have to go by the boards... sometimes things like this are good reminders of what's important and as a friend reminded me yesterday, the ribbons and bows and such aren't the big things...it's the fact we're actually marrying that matters most. And he's right...now all I truly care about is seeing Jim get well!
That friend was absolutely right!! [img]smile.gif[/img]
I can only imagine how worried you are Amber, but worrying is not going to help you or Jim at all, so try instead to focus on taking good care of yourself (sleep, eat, relax) and of Jim of course. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-16-2004, 03:07 PM   #29
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:

That friend was absolutely right!! [img]smile.gif[/img]
I can only imagine how worried you are Amber, but worrying is not going to help you or Jim at all, so try instead to focus on taking good care of yourself (sleep, eat, relax) and of Jim of course. [img]smile.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]*Hugs* I will, Sarah! Yes, I am pretty worried, but I am trying to focus on what's needed and important, as you say. Thank you for caring!
Old 04-16-2004, 04:42 PM   #30
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Hope he gets better soon, Cloudy, and you stay well too.