Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2002, 08:29 AM   #11
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

"It is important to realize that the Satan that they recognize has few if any points of similarity with the conservative Christian concept of Satan. The Satanists' concept of Satan is pre-Christian, and derived from the Pagan image of power, virility, sexuality and sensuality. To most Satanists, Satan is a force of nature, not a living quasi-deity. Their Satan has nothing to do with Hell, demons, pitchforks, sadistic torture, buying people's souls, performing miracles, and profound evil. Satanists have occasionally engaged in a Black Mass for publicity purposes, in which the Roman Catholic Mass is ridiculed. But, otherwise, their rituals have no connection to those of Christianity. Starting in 1980 and continuing until the mid-1990s, there was a widespread belief that Satanists were involved in Satanic Ritual Abuse (SRA) and killing of innocent infants, children and adults. This belief has faded due to lack of hard evidence. It is accepted by most investigators to be a Christian urban legend, based on fear and misinformation."

Well that explains it a lot better then mine
Old 05-15-2002, 08:32 AM   #12
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

I was with them on some things until I got to the rituals crap. I would rather be a alien worshiper waiting to be whisked away then believe in voodoo dolls and destruction rituals. Its to bad though cause their making young women wear sexy clothes was a plus
Old 05-15-2002, 08:32 AM   #13
uss
20th Level Warrior

ive read alot about satanism before. i even know two of them. the pentagram(satanist symbol) looks kinda cool. one of the satanists has a ring with a pentagram, the other one has an amulet with chains. they do not do any rituals or anything, they just follow their rules(though they do play ALOT of RPGs and AD&D.. follow? ). and the rules are mostly normal. i remember that one of the rules was "dont ever hurt children or women" though i also remember that another one was "if somebody bothers you, nicely ask him to stop. if he still bothers you, *make* him stop"

anyway, i think satanists are ok. i just viewed the link you gave, Azurewolf(thanks [img]smile.gif[/img] ) and one part said something like this:
"Why do you worship evil?"
"The Satanist does not worship evil. We honor ourselves and nature and respect opposition in balance! Evil itself is an intangible thing with no definable features. It is simply a convenient label we slap on those who are politically incorrect. The ascended masters of Eastern Philosophy are the fallen angels of Western Philosophy. One man's "demons" are another man's "saints." Theologians create gods and devils in man's image, then conflict between them to divide the heart and conquer the soul! They pit spirit against matter, then appoint themselves position of supreme arbiter, divine interpreter of right and wrong, good and evil."
Old 05-15-2002, 08:36 AM   #14
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Cerek the Barbaric:

A brave post indeed, Azurewolf. I may not agree with the ideals on that website, but it is interesting reading.
That was just my point, not to get people to agree with them but just to have a bit of a read and gain some extra insight. Thanks Cerek [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-15-2002, 08:58 AM   #15
Chewbacca
Zartan

Brave post indeed! Cheers to you for sharing some truth about Satanist. I have participated in a few satanic rituals, and an eclectic witch coven I participated in included a couple of satanists.

One concept I like alot of satanic philosophy is the concept of personal responsibilty that goes with the "I am a god" philosophy. It makes perfect sense for a creator to be responsoble for the consequenses of their creations, ie. behavior.

A while back (when I was G'kar) I recieved alot of flack on this board from certain corners because I attempted to clarify some gross misperceptions about Satanist. In particular it was presumed that Satanist perpetuate ritual murders and have no regard for life. It has been made quite clear that Satanists have nothing to do with such disgusting and abhorrent behavior.

Thanks Azurewolf for the link. With out understanding we shall never know one another. With out knowledge we live in the fear of ignorance.
Perhaps the knowledge you have shared will help some people understand better and clear the fog of ignorance. Perhaps.
Old 05-15-2002, 09:19 AM   #16
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

Just my 2c as an active satanist. The article is realy well written.It is also good to see that peope are reading it before they post. It shows a level of maturity and tolerance that isnt always found when dealing with this particular subject.As far as I am personaly concerned,Satanism isnt about being anti christian , but more anti stagnation. You must always evaluate yourself and your motivations in order to keep learning from your mistakes and growing as a person.Good job Azurewolf.
Old 05-15-2002, 11:00 AM   #17
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Just like to say, it's really good to see people not jumping to conclusions with this and giving a mature outlook to it. Kudos to all of you [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-15-2002, 11:05 AM   #18
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by AzureWolf:
quote:

A brave post indeed, Azurewolf. I may not agree with the ideals on that website, but it is interesting reading.
That was just my point, not to get people to agree with them but just to have a bit of a read and gain some extra insight. Thanks Cerek [img]smile.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]It did provide some extra insight, and that is what I found "interesting" about. How satanists define themselves is far different than the definition given them by Christians.

As a Christian, I found a lot of information that was very disturbing as I read more thoroughly. It sounds like some other people had similar reactions.

However, you started this thread for informative purposes and it was informative. I will not taint that by starting a divisive argument.
Old 05-15-2002, 11:15 AM   #19
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
quote:
quote:

That was just my point, not to get people to agree with them but just to have a bit of a read and gain some extra insight. Thanks Cerek [img]smile.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]It did provide some extra insight, and that is what I found "interesting" about. How satanists define themselves is far different than the definition given them by Christians.

As a Christian, I found a lot of information that was very disturbing as I read more thoroughly. It sounds like some other people had similar reactions.

However, you started this thread for informative purposes and it was informative. I will not taint that by starting a divisive argument.
[/QUOTE]Well the term that Christians define that type of Satanist as is a gothic Satanist, and there are very few practitioners, altho I guess if you had read the link you already know this.
Yes I did start this thread for information, but feel free to start a debate about it in a new thread would be quite interesting I think.
So long as I dont get people telling me I am going to burn at the stake [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Old 05-15-2002, 11:16 AM   #20
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:
quote:
quote:

[/QUOTE]What things in particular did you find disturbing, Cerek?