Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2001, 09:46 PM   #11
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Moridin:
Ah sure, I thought the joke was funny b/c it was a guy beating his wife to death...give me a break...I thought it was funny cause it made fun of the military mindset...what does me being a male have anything to do with it?

Because all the people being murdered in the joke were women, that's why. I guess it would be the same as if us women on the forum joked about killing their husbands, I would think that certain men may find that distasteful. If you don't get it, no biggie Moridin, just sayin how I took the joke personally.

------------------

[This message has been edited by ladyzekke (edited 09-10-2001).]
Old 09-10-2001, 09:51 PM   #12
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Gwhanos, our favorite resident spammer (hehe ).. you do get around!

CB, looking for tea for the Cafe

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 09-10-2001, 09:56 PM   #13
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
Because all the people being murdered in the joke were women, that's why. I guess it would be the same as if us women on the forum joked about killing their husbands, I would think that certain men may find that distasteful. If you don't get it, no biggie Moridin, just sayin how I took the joke personally.

I do get it...and I do see how it could be distasteful...oh well...going to kill my wife now (that was a joke btw )

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
I've got to admit it's getting better, it's getting better all the time
Bossman of Better Funny Stuff.....of the Laughing Hyenas!
Old 09-10-2001, 09:57 PM   #14
Moni

Well as much as I can see where women would easily take offense at this, I thought it was a pretty funny joke.
Jokes are developed to contain humorous or ridiculous elements and are not meant to be taken personally, if they were, they'd be illegal and people would be crying foul at every turn.
If the joke were turned around to be women in the military instead of men, you can guarantee that some men would find it offensive before the women-folk did.

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

Old 09-10-2001, 09:59 PM   #15
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
I do get it...and I do see how it could be distasteful...oh well...going to kill my wife now (that was a joke btw )

LOL. I can't believe that there is someone out there as sarcastic as my ex. LOL You crack me up Moridin.

------------------

Protectorate of the OHF
Death Waits 4 U ALL
Old 09-10-2001, 09:59 PM   #16
Ladyzekke

Quote:

------------------
Old 09-10-2001, 10:02 PM   #17
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
Well as much as I can see where women would easily take offense at this, I thought it was a pretty funny joke.
Jokes are developed to contain humorous or ridiculous elements and are not meant to be taken personally, if they were, they'd be illegal and people would be crying foul at every turn.
If the joke were turned around to be women in the military instead of men, you can guarantee that some men would find it offensive before the women-folk did.

Actually......

Seeing as I was in the military and there are women in the military....

They have (women) used the angle that you are talking about by having the women kill their husbands. What's really strange about that version is that all of the men get killed. Then the woman commander looks at her recruits and winks. She says,"Women are perfect soldiers. They can bring life into the world and they know how to take them back out. Ok, fall in. All of you pass."

------------------

Protectorate of the OHF
Death Waits 4 U ALL
Old 09-10-2001, 10:04 PM   #18
Ladyzekke

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:

well, Ok then Moni, do I have some dead cat jokes for you!

------------------
Old 09-10-2001, 10:05 PM   #19
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Tobbin:
Actually......

Seeing as I was in the military and there are women in the military....

They have (women) used the angle that you are talking about by having the women kill their husbands. What's really strange about that version is that all of the men get killed. Then the woman commander looks at her recruits and winks. She says,"Women are perfect soldiers. They can bring life into the world and they know how to take them back out. Ok, fall in. All of you pass."

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Old 09-10-2001, 10:06 PM   #20
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
well, Ok then Moni, do I have some dead cat jokes for you!

Feel free to tell them!

Then I'll tell you some and let's see who gets ticked off first.

------------------