Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 09-10-2000, 12:31 AM   #1
Slinky

I was wondering that too. I looked around but I couldn't really find anything as far as looking at walkthroughs and stuff like that. The questions didn't seem to be related to anything in the game.
Old 09-10-2000, 11:42 AM   #2
Schmikes

Hi guys, I've been adventuring with relative ease throughout the Spineworld so far, but I was wondering if there was anyway to avoid fighting the thieves @ Thiefland down a few levels in Wyrm's Tooth. He asks me three questions, which I have totally no idea on how to answer them, and soon a scrum pursues. I would like to be civil with them, so I'm asking if anyone know what's the answers to the colour, banner and the other question?
Old 09-10-2000, 03:58 PM   #3
sibley

The answers are "purple", "Marketh", and "Ilmater".

I forget exactly what the questions are, but the purple color is mentioned in one of the books you can read. This first question is the hardest, because that book is the only way you can know the right color, I think. Marketh is the fellow who owns the Palace this thief (Seth) is standing in front of. Marketh is mentioned in several conversations you can have in Lower Dorn's Deep and in at least one of the journals you find. In particular, the conversation you have with the gem cutter (Norl) with the hobbled legs tells quite a bit about Marketh, enough to answer the question. Ilmater is mentioned many times throughout the game and should be the obvious answer if you've been following the story at all.
Old 09-10-2000, 06:49 PM   #4
Tathlum

Those are the correct answers but take it from me you'll not want to let Seth out of there alive. He'll show up at the worst possible moment and take out any spell casters with a backstab once your in the thieves guild.
You'll have to fight your way to Marketh, but if you have a female with a good chr score you can talk him out of his badge. Make sure you dont kill Marketh until you've freed his drow elf gilr friend she gives lots of exp.
speaking of the drow girl friend she'll give you good info on the next stage of the game, dont hurt her or Marketh until you have what you need.
Old 09-11-2000, 02:08 AM   #5
Schmikes

Thanks a bundle guys. I'll see what I can do.
Old 09-11-2000, 10:39 PM   #6
wyrmslayer

The color "purple" comes from an entry in a book on Secret Societies that you pick up in the yenti's super secret library in the dragon caverns or whatever... Marketh and Illmater are basically from paying close attention to journals that you pick up and conversations you have, basically this is all a "pop quiz" to make sure you've actually been role-playing during the game and not killing everyone and their grandmother with a snow shovel during the game... Oh yeah, if you're having a problem with the thieves trying to jack up your mage in the "thieves guild" area in Dorn's just have him liberally use stoneskin, worked for me at least...
Old 10-19-2000, 09:46 PM   #7
Lifetime
Red Dragon

heh believe it or not guys i half guessed and half remembered stuff (cuz i though illmater was the good guy god but he was the only one i knew anyway) and i got everything right the first time through
seth was "okay u wait here" or something and i was like "HUH?" =)
i didnt see him there the second time around though
Lifetime is offline   Reply With Quote