Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-12-2003, 01:05 PM   #61
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
Don't you mean Patrick Kluivert Memnoch ? Ruud Gullit was actually quite a pleasant bloke when he was still young, he started to get immature when he reached the superstar status.

So you're saying that Kluivert is mature now?! PUH-LEASE!! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-12-2003, 01:36 PM   #62
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Where did you see me say that ? Kluivert is a knucklehead, always was and always will be.
Old 11-13-2003, 04:37 AM   #63
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Don't you mean Patrick Kluivert Memnoch ? Ruud Gullit was actually quite a pleasant bloke when he was still young, he started to get immature when he reached the superstar status.
Well, I was going to say Eric Cantona, but I didn't want to be mean!

Old 11-13-2003, 05:01 AM   #64
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Link:
First off: Xen, there is no such thing as "persuading" Ziroc into letting you get back. You weren't there when I was banned, so you wouldn't know the exact details about it all.

I never ever confronted Ziroc himself with what happened after I was banned. Of course I wasn't happy with it; after all this was my online home, I had lots of friends here, and now I just lost it. I spent my time on another board (the HADB board that died out some time ago), and there were plenty of other members around there, including Memnoch and Sazerac (and more).
It was mostly via them that I got reinstated, not due to myself sending emails around to everyone. Memnoch was wise enough to ensure me NOT to mingle in this particular case, and told me he would solve it for me, and so he did.

There were "incidents" of course, the most notable being Hiram_Sedai (miss you man!) starting a topic in GD telling Ziroc that he was willing to give his OWN membership to me, if that would bring me back. Needless to say there was A LOT of commotion because of this, and Memnoch was very afraid that this would backfire and destroy the credit he had built up with Ziroc along with other members.

Luckily for me, it didn't and I got my membership back after a ban of approximately 4 months (or something close). I still owe Ziroc for not banning me again, after a friend of mine was trolling Ironworks (you wouldn't know how mad I was at him) and not telling the mods who he really was. Suffice to say I am glad I'm still here, and that I have lots of friends around here.

[img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] to Ironworks: keep things going!
I don't think you can be held responsible for the actions of another person friend or no. I remember discussing a topic with a friend in chat and referring him to a thread here, I posted the url and he then registered without telling me as "I_Stalk_SpiritWarrior" or sommat like that. Well, he didn't let me know until his application was rejected, lol. Needless to say I had nothing to do with that and Ziroc or one of the mods made the call to reject it. I told him "It bloody well serves you right!".

[ 11-13-2003, 05:02 AM: Message edited by: SpiritWarrior ]
Old 11-13-2003, 06:08 AM   #65
sultan

Quote:
Where did you see me say that ? Kluivert is a knucklehead, always was and always will be.
ah, i see why that's a better analogy for link, then. [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

just kidding! you know i luv ya linkster [img]tongue.gif[/img]